Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XE ( X760 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xe-x760-85/)
-   -   Meridian Sound Terrible (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xe-x760-85/meridian-sound-terrible-207950/)

01svtL 09-11-2018 12:03 PM

Meridian Sound Terrible

i have the 380w Meridian in my XE, and it’s aweful. I can’t see how you guys with the top end system can do it. My door panels rattle in mine with volume set at 8-9, and I don’t listen to rap/r&b. I noticed there was a TSB for the F-type guys where the coupes came with the wrong eq program loaded, and an update made it all sound much better. I also saw quite a few dealers were installing dynamat on the backside of the door skins and panels. Has anyone had anything done to fix their audio in the XE? I played some test tones in mine, at the suggestion of a guy in the F-Type forum, and I do believe I hear some buzzing coming out of my tweeters with a 35hz tone, which should not happen. Is it possible these cars are still making it out with the wrong eq curves loaded? Has anyone here done anything to increase their audio quality? The fact I can’t turn it up past 9 even listening to talk radio without the doors buzzing with a male voice is absurd in a $55k+ car. The audio in my wife’s Explorer blows this thing out of the water.

mosesbotbol 09-11-2018 05:22 PM

I'd bring it back to the dealer with your test tones

Mazen Ajouz 09-13-2018 10:15 PM

Mine sounds incredible, no rattling or buzzing. Take it to the dealer.

BruceTheQuail 09-14-2018 11:55 PM

How dio you get it to 8 - 9? It is pretty much eardrum smashing at about half in our XE, in fact my only complaint with the system (which is on a par with a decent volvo system, and I think that is saying something) is that the volume increments are too big. Maybe the upgraded system has better speakers?

01svtL 09-15-2018 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail (Post 1962369)
How dio you get it to 8 - 9? It is pretty much eardrum smashing at about half in our XE, in fact my only complaint with the system (which is on a par with a decent volvo system, and I think that is saying something) is that the volume increments are too big. Maybe the upgraded system has better speakers?

what? 8-9 is nothing. I’m assuming it’ll go above 30. I havent had it above 9 though due to the rattling. 8 isn’t even 1/4 of the max.

BruceTheQuail 09-15-2018 08:05 PM

ahhhh, ok that is probably around where I listen to it, though we have the bigger system. Sounds fine in ours

keith100 09-15-2018 08:08 PM

I don't get any rattles or vibrations from the sound system, so I would suggest a dealer visit for warranty work. My only complaint with the 380w is a lack of bass.

Piqued by 01svtL's comment about the 8-9 level, I checked mine for the first time and 8-9 is actually pretty much my normal around town volume level.
At 18-20 though the whole car was pulsing from a Stones track - God knows what its like at 30!

01svtL 09-17-2018 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by keith100 (Post 1962702)
I don't get any rattles or vibrations from the sound system, so I would suggest a dealer visit for warranty work. My only complaint with the 380w is a lack of bass.

Piqued by 01svtL's comment about the 8-9 level, I checked mine for the first time and 8-9 is actually pretty much my normal around town volume level.
At 18-20 though the whole car was pulsing from a Stones track - God knows what its like at 30!

Yea 18-20 would be uncomfortable for sure, and I do enjoy loud rock music. I don't think I would even turn it up past 13-14 with all windows down. That said, for the doors to rattle at only 8-9, it's just not acceptable in a car like this. I'll take it to the dealer. I know multiple dealers were installing Dynamat in a lot of F-types, under warranty - per the F-type forum on this site.

Jaggyx 09-17-2018 09:32 PM

If you're in Austin, be prepared to make an appointment for November... They're incredibly backed up. It's borderline unbelievable, but I guess that's what happens when there are 4 Jaguar dealers in the entire state of Texas...

Makes me miss the Bay Area. There were 4 Jaguar dealers within a 20 minute drive...

01svtL 09-17-2018 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jaggyx (Post 1963536)
If you're in Austin, be prepared to make an appointment for November... They're incredibly backed up. It's borderline unbelievable, but I guess that's what happens when there are 4 Jaguar dealers in the entire state of Texas...

Makes me miss the Bay Area. There were 4 Jaguar dealers within a 20 minute drive...

I’m in san antonio. But yea when i had the FPace, it was a 2-week wait to get in for an oil change.

Jaggyx 09-18-2018 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by 01svtL (Post 1963557)

I’m in san antonio. But yea when i had the FPace, it was a 2-week wait to get in for an oil change.

That's unreal.

01svtL 09-19-2018 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jaggyx (Post 1963536)

You’re in Austin?

pajeff02 11-26-2018 05:35 AM

Subscribed. I have experienced an occasional rattle in the driver door at higher volumes, but nothing serious. Sounds like a resonant vibration so unless it hits the right note the rattle is not present.

mosesbotbol 11-26-2018 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by pajeff02 (Post 1993342)
Subscribed. I have experienced an occasional rattle in the driver door at higher volumes, but nothing serious. Sounds like a resonant vibration so unless it hits the right note the rattle is not present.

Ours does that too, but not going to bother with bringing back to the dealer...

Aslak 02-26-2019 06:10 AM

Did anyone get this fixed at the dealer? I've had mine in two times but they can't seem to find the problem. Left front side. I only get the rattle at specific frequencies. The rattle / vibration becomes most noticeable when listening to the radio, more specifically with people with a lot of mid-tone in their voice. Very annoying. My dealer wants to replace my speaker now, and while I've said yes, I doubt it will make any difference.

01svtL 02-26-2019 06:34 AM

I’ve had mine in 3 times now. It’s not the speaker. They’ve ordered a new interior door panel for mine now. 6-8 weeks before it comes in. I think the panels were glued, probably, together too loose on some cars.

Aslak 02-26-2019 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by 01svtL (Post 2032567)
I’ve had mine in 3 times now. It’s not the speaker. They’ve ordered a new interior door panel for mine now. 6-8 weeks before it comes in. I think the panels were glued, probably, together too loose on some cars.

Please let me know how it works out. If it works for you, I'll instruct my dealer to do the same. :)

Aslak 03-14-2019 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by 01svtL (Post 2032567)

Well as we both suspected, replacing the speaker didn’t help. My dealer don’t know what to try next...

01svtL 03-14-2019 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Aslak (Post 2039779)

Well as we both suspected, replacing the speaker didn’t help. My dealer don’t know what to try next...

There's no doubt about it. It's the door panel. Where the speaker grill meets the base of the arm rest (near the window switches) squeeze those to parts together while you hear the rattle. I bet it goes away. There's a couple of spots on my panel that I can squeeze like that and make the rattle almost disappear; squeeze two at the same time and it goes away completely. The panel is just put together loosely.

Again, my dealer, Barrett here in San Antonio, has a whole new interior panel on order for me. Tell your dealer to call mine and ask them about it. Mike Cruz is my Advisor.

Aslak 03-15-2019 03:13 AM

Thanks! I'll let my dealer know :)