XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

My two biggest complaints with my XE. What's yours?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 08:13 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just hit the 20k mark on my 2017 25t and still no complaints really. The app is stupid and the remote start only works half the time, but no problems with the in control pro ever since I upgraded my phone from an iPhone 6s to an XS.

The car has been reliable, never had a mechanical issue, haven't experienced any of the creakiness that folks have mentioned, and is an absolute pleasure to drive.

It's not perfect I guess, but for $35k for a luxury brand, I mean what do you want?

Old 12-04-2018, 05:43 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^ Good thought. The price point was a lot less than I anticipated when we went and looked at XE's for the first time. It is a whole lot of car for the money imo.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,268 Likes on 874 Posts

Yes, I drove a new XF 25T a few weeks ago as a loaner and while I really liked it (actually the new 25T engine is better than the ecoboost 25T that we have, or at least the gearing suits it better IMO), I think the XE feels more snug and sporty. We have had ours for 3 years now and I think my wife would do me harm if I sold it. This current crop of Jags is so good (we have the F Type S and the XE 25T) there really isnt any motivation to trade into a new one.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:58 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Mine is nitpicking

The plastic on the right side drivers off the tunnel . I noticed that when I moved the seat forward my knee and the tunnel intersected at the knee (6.0inch) and it's plastic.

Old 12-11-2018, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Main complaint: why does it take a million clicks to change mobile phone?

Scenario: my wife drove the car, and it's connected to her mobile phone. Now I drive the car. The car finds out my wife's mobile phone is not in range. Does it connect automatically to mine? Perhaps after a voice prompt? No. Instead

1. Click "phone."
2. Car asks: "no phone connected. Connect a phone?". Click yes.
3. Click "list of paired devices."
4. Click my phone.
5. Click "connect for phone and music."

Perhaps more steps even? I don't remember. But essentially impossible to do safely while driving.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:47 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ahost
But essentially impossible to do safely while driving.
That made me laugh

Old 12-23-2018, 08:05 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the XE-S (Firenze Red) with about 9000 miles to date on the odo… beautiful vehicle! But yes, it has some odd quirks.

1. Navigation: I don't use the Nav really that often, but it is a PITA. Not only is the interface awkward, but the routes it recommends range from inefficient to just plain stupid. ON multiple occasions it has provided directions through side streets instead of major roads or even interstates! And in case you think I live in a rural area, hence that's my best option, well, it's not the case, as most of my travel is between Detroit and Ann Arbor.

2. Radio: the preset process is illogical. What good is a preset if you have to touch the screen 4 times to get to it?

3. Park Assist: Sometimes it stays on all the time, even when stopping at a red light; sometimes it doesn't come on at all; sometimes it works. Moody little bugger.

4. Eco Stop-Start: Doesn't work.

5. Lane Assist: Annoying. I shut it off... but every few months, it turns itself back on.

So, basically.... all electronics. Go figure.

Old 12-23-2018, 11:43 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pjr300
2. Radio: the preset process is illogical. What good is a preset if you have to touch the screen 4 times to get to it?
I agree on most and can offer a suggestion on one. You can hit the voice command button on the steering wheel and say Next Preset (or Last Preset) and it changes the station. Like many things on the car, you either randomly discover an answer or spend a lot of time looking for it.
[It goes good though!]

Old 12-30-2018, 08:12 PM

Every single nut and bolt has loctite 270 all over it.....

Old 12-31-2018, 06:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Cincy XE-RS
Every single nut and bolt has loctite 270 all over it.....
Is that a compliant or praise.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:47 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Mine are: #1-The remote start only works with that STUPID phone app. Which has to be the worst app I've ever seen. You wouldn't want to put a start button on the remote, that would be way too easy and too low-tech. Idiots.

#2 - It doesn't have a feature that raises the steering wheel and moves the seat to the rear on entry/exit.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by Prange
Mine are: #1-The remote start only works with that STUPID phone app. Which has to be the worst app I've ever seen. You wouldn't want to put a start button on the remote, that would be way too easy and too low-tech. Idiots.

#2 - It doesn't have a feature that raises the steering wheel and moves the seat to the rear on entry/exit.

Remote started worked one out of the two attempts today.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by keith100
Is that a compliant or praise.
complaint

Old 01-03-2019, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Remote started worked one out of the two attempts today.
Bringing mine in next week l”remote start failed, window open” no windows are open. The app also says the Xe is not locked or armed ever.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Prange

It must be in some package. My steering wheel moves up and away.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Cincy XE-RS

It must be in some package. My steering wheel moves up and away.
True, its part of the seat memory package You also need to check if the wheel adjuster is set on "auto"

Old 01-05-2019, 09:47 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by keith100
True, its part of the seat memory package You also need to check if the wheel adjuster is set on "auto"
You are correct. I do have the wheel set on auto. It does move up and away.
The seat doesn't retract, though.

I was commenting on the combination of the two.

Initially, I didn't explain myself properly. Sorry bout' that.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:34 PM
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

My complaints too...exactly.

I absolutely HATE the arrangement of the upper doors for the driver and front passenger. In addition to being cheap-looking, they are ergonomically useless. (I actually compared the quality of Jaguar materials to my neighbor's Mercedes C class and they are the same except Mercedes uses a lot more bling and styling that makes it appear to be of a better quality.) Jaguar E-PACEs, F-Types, and XFs have more useful front door arrangements. Why would Jaguar foul up the interior doors on the XE?

The other thing is that one still can't put an open top drink in any door pocket. Why; I haven't a clue. Oh, I can fit a fountain drink or soda can in the door but only at an angle. My previous Lexus IS-350 and other Toyota products had upright door pockets for drinks. Considering the IS-350 and XE are within an inch of each other in any external dimension, one would think there would be room in the door. Duhhh.

Another complaint is that one has to wait for the nav system to boot up before being able to use the seat heaters. Why? It's not an issue in my F-Type or E-PACE or, for that matter, any other vehicle I've owned! I have to admit that the climate control knobs in the F-Type and E-PACE are examples of simply brilliant engineering.

Lastly, the volume knob on ANY of the Jags isn't illuminated. Nor are the stalks on the columns and the CD slot. On many of a foggy night, I fumble to turn off the auto high beams only to discover that I've turned my headlights completely off!#$%^&*!

Old 01-20-2019, 08:42 AM
Default Ending 3 year lease with XE R-Sport

overall its been a great car. My only issues are"

1. I have blown out or had flats 4 times with bent rims. (Will not buy 19 inch rims again)

2. My washer fluid continues to leak on the garage floor in big puddles (dealer kept for 3 days and could not duplicate)

The car is great to drive, MPG has been good and otherwise I have had zero mechanical issues in my almost 3 years

Old 01-20-2019, 09:46 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by winger
overall its been a great car. My only issues are"

1. I have blown out or had flats 4 times with bent rims. (Will not buy 19 inch rims again)
Which tires? I have read that the Pirelli summer tires are worse than the all season Pirellis. Or is it just the 19" rims?