XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

New to the family and building out the todo list

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 08:54 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New to the family and building out the todo list

Hi folks,
Coming off a leased 2015 435i gran coupe and bought a 2017 XE 3.5t Prestige black/black for a steal, I think at least.
Really, really, really enjoying the car so far. The sound, the look...
Also, really really really enjoying all the posts in this forum... as a result my todo/wish list is growing. Here's what I've got so far.
First up:
- De-de-badging -- Previous owner completely debadged rear -- I get that... I've done it to other vehicles in the past... but I think all is a bit much for this car's rear end. going to put the cat back on at least...
- I'm experiencing the bluetooth drops with my Pixel 2 XL -- Scheduled dealer visit for hopeful Software update for Bluetooth.
- Going to check on and update SD Card to Class 10.
Seriously considering this year:
- Resonator delete
- VAP ECU
- Paint repair... want to fix wear/tear/minor rock chips, etc. My OCD might be overruled by cost on this one.
- Painting Calipers
Maybe Next year:
- Supercharger pulley/cable
- Xenon/LED Bulb swap -- this has to be the most surprising thing to me on this car that I didn't notice in the test drive because it all happened during the day -- yellow lights?!
- Black inserts for grill
- Blackout chrome around windows

II'll keep reading through the forums, but any/all advice tips/tricks or what I'm missing all gladly accepted.

@Austin7 -- I couldn't quite figure out how to PM you on this platform, but I'm buying a beer or coffee if you'd be up for a quick meet one day. Namely I'd like to see/hear what you've done and learn who/how to deal with LR Austin. They've already given me the 'don't ECU' speal.