Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XE ( X760 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xe-x760-85/)
-   -   smartphone bluetooth connectivity with Jaguar (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xe-x760-85/smartphone-bluetooth-connectivity-jaguar-152366/)

sklimii 10-29-2015 05:22 AM

smartphone bluetooth connectivity with Jaguar

Originally Posted by sklimii (Post 1337637)
Thanks to Stuart S for great info below:

"Will my smartphone connect with the Bluetooth in my Jaguar?"[/I]

Here is THE DEFINITIVE SOURCE: Vehicles - Jaguar Click the link and you can search (1) by model and year or (2) you can enter your VIN.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5829/2...dd8f6a8f84.jpg
If this was helpful, please press https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/i...ost_thanks.gif at the bottom right.

Stuart

[/QUOTE]

Choptank 11-06-2015 10:32 PM

Posted elsewhere - Repeat

Really should make no difference. Bluetooth is upward and downward compatible. Whether it is BT from an Android, or iPhone(y) or tablet or whatever should not matter. Making a device discoverable is relatively the same on any device. The only difference could be what the acceptance code might be, and one of the devices should prompt you with a suggested code. If all else fails, try 1111

stever_51 11-07-2015 03:03 AM

This is an informational sticky so I am not sure whether it is the pace for lengthy discussion, however ...

I found the table very useful when replacing my ageing phone prior to taking delivery of the car. It isn't just about ability to pair for bluetooth. The biggest piece of info is whether the phone is compatible with InControl, which has nothing to do with bluetooth at all.

Even when it comes to bluetooth, it isn't just a question of whether you can connect or not. Not all phones offer the same functionality. e.g. my phone can receive and send sms through the headunit. Apple I6 can only receive.

It is a very useful page.

On a general note, is it ok to add our own experiences with errors/omissions regarding phone functionality? If so it would be better if a lengthy source of info wasn't bloated with too much discussion. (IMHO of course ;) )

Docwatson 03-08-2016 11:06 PM

iPhone Contacts

I have a new XE and an iPhone6 running latest software (iOS 9.2.1). Phone connects very reliably and sound is clear etc. Only problem is that it only partially downloads my Contacts List. I only have 140 contacts and it shows maybe 100? The alphabetical list stops at around "S". Any suggestions? My dealer seems stumped.

Suggestions most welcome

Cheers

stever_51 03-10-2016 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Docwatson (Post 1418151)
I have a new XE and an iPhone6 running latest software (iOS 9.2.1). Phone connects very reliably and sound is clear etc. Only problem is that it only partially downloads my Contacts List. I only have 140 contacts and it shows maybe 100? The alphabetical list stops at around "S". Any suggestions? My dealer seems stumped.

Suggestions most welcome

Cheers

This may or may not apply to you, but I think it goes something like with the Iphone6 the car will only download contacts from the phone itself, not the sim card. If you have so many contacts that they 'spill over' on to the sim card, you will only get those that managed to fit on the phone.

I have no idea whether the limit of the phone's storage is 100, but its a possibility.

Docwatson 03-10-2016 04:26 PM

Many thanks - I'll investigate how the phone has (or is) storing contacts

Cheers

Kushaa 05-13-2016 07:20 PM

I did try on this website and put in my VIN number and it came up with a blank screen

drtdvl 03-05-2017 08:26 PM

Bluetooth Dropping iPhone 6S and 6Plus Running OS 10.2.1

Our iphones are unable to maintain a connection with our XE when streaming music. The phones will stream a few songs and then disconnect and I get bumped to the radio.

I also lost my navigation voice and cannot figure out how to get her back.

I also had the latest InControl update done (Update K437) last week. It seems to have fixed the Jaguar Route issues but it seems to have done something to the Bluetooth.

Anyone else having Bluetooth issues?

steel12 01-26-2018 10:54 AM

My One Plus 5T is an absolute mess with the jaguars bluetooth, it connects and disconnects every 20-30 seconds for about 10-15 minutes before establishing a crackly connection. My morning commute is 20 minutes so I've given up on it. It's not on the compatibility list but I do have the VAP tune, I'm wondering if somehow that's what is causing the issue since I did not have it with my one plus x which is not on this list.

GucciPilot 03-02-2018 01:45 AM

Before I bought the car, I had the dealer upgrade the software. Service rep said it was upgraded to 3.0. I do not have issues with the bluetooth dropping out, but I do have issues with my iPhone 7 and the car not wanting to share contacts.

Ichi Ban 04-20-2018 10:23 PM

No problem with smartphones on my wife's 2017 XE 35t Prestige AWD. Although, strange things happen when 2 iPhones are plugged into the 2 USBs. Same issue on my 2016 F-Type S.

tai4de2 09-23-2018 04:03 PM

New iPhone XS Max connected right up to my '17 XE.

Will Marrill 08-27-2020 09:15 AM

Hello all, I got this Cheap and easy