Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Current ) > XE ( X760 )
Reload this Page >

VelocityAP Jaguar XE X760 ECU Tuning. 3.0L V6 SC, 2.0L Petrol/Gasoline Turbo, 2.0L T

XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

VelocityAP Jaguar XE X760 ECU Tuning. 3.0L V6 SC, 2.0L Petrol/Gasoline Turbo, 2.0L T

 
  #21  
Old 01-22-2017, 04:27 PM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 1,051
Received 336 Likes on 170 Posts
Default

Stuart,

what is the boost level level stock and boost with the tune and the boost with pulley and tune?
 
  #22  
Old 01-22-2017, 05:25 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: TX
Posts: 312
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It is slightly more complex that that regarding the limits to the output. I definitely would not start messing around with sensor signals, especially the throttle. Could get stuck open, stuck closed etc.

The supercharger bypass valve is pretty similar to a wastegate (I think that's what you meant rather than blow-off valve. A BOV doesn't regulate the boost pressure, it gives the built-up boost a way to relieve when the throttle is closed so it doesn't wreck the turbo.) So yes, it is controlled electronically, and yes we can increase boost with the tune alone.

Adding a crank pulley requires further alterations to the code, to allow even higher boost.
I did in fact mean wastegate, thanks for the correction.

So at WOT is the bypass valve fully closed (i.e. no air is being recirculated)?

Is boost in the 380 and 340hp OEM tunes identical? Limiting the throttle opening/bypass valve would seem like a really easy way to limit output in these cars...

If there were no risk it would be interesting to see the results of disconnecting the bypass valve altogether (I'm sure this would generate unwanted heat/weird idle).

Thanks for the discussion Stuart, this is all very interesting to me.
 
  #23  
Old 01-23-2017, 12:49 PM
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 189
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by alphakinase View Post
I did in fact mean wastegate, thanks for the correction.

So at WOT is the bypass valve fully closed (i.e. no air is being recirculated)?

Is boost in the 380 and 340hp OEM tunes identical? Limiting the throttle opening/bypass valve would seem like a really easy way to limit output in these cars...

If there were no risk it would be interesting to see the results of disconnecting the bypass valve altogether (I'm sure this would generate unwanted heat/weird idle).

Thanks for the discussion Stuart, this is all very interesting to me.
The bypass disconnected would remain open. You have to remember when things are manufactured, their also manufactured for the most possible failure and that would be electric in this case. So default is fully open and is cycled closed.
 
  #24  
Old 01-23-2017, 03:18 PM
pab's Avatar
pab
pab is offline
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,573
Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts
Default

Will this tune be made available for XFs, for both versions?

Thanks

================================================== ===========
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and
Torque is how far you take the wall with you
 
  #25  
Old 01-23-2017, 04:07 PM
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 189
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pab View Post
Will this tune be made available for XFs, for both versions?

Thanks

================================================== ===========
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and
Torque is how far you take the wall with you
its already available for the XF and XE with a 3.0L, once I get the 2.0L Diesel/Petrol figured out it will will be a mirror image for the XF version of the 2.0's.
 
  #26  
Old 01-25-2017, 01:53 PM
Stuart@VelocityAP's Avatar
Sponsor
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,184
Received 363 Likes on 250 Posts
Default

For those who are following this thread. Independent Dyno results have been posted here:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...8/#post1608597
 
__________________
Stuart Dickinson
Managing Director
VelocityAP Industries Ltd.
O: (1)236-422-3341
M: (1)250-460-1775
E: [email protected]
www.velocityap.com
The following users liked this post:
BigCat09 (01-25-2017)
  #27  
Old 01-31-2017, 12:16 PM
Stuart@VelocityAP's Avatar
Sponsor
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,184
Received 363 Likes on 250 Posts
Default

Big thank-you to those of you who have already jumped on the special pricing we are offering and purchased a tune.

Today is the last day of the 30% off launch pricing so if you are interested and haven't committed yet, don't wait too long!
 
__________________
Stuart Dickinson
Managing Director
VelocityAP Industries Ltd.
O: (1)236-422-3341
M: (1)250-460-1775
E: [email protected]
www.velocityap.com
  #28  
Old 02-01-2017, 08:21 AM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 1,100
Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce we have finalized a Product Launch Special for the XE V6 Supercharged ECU Tunes: Jaguar XE V6 Supercharged ECU Tune



Beginning Today and running until January 31st, these tunes will be available for the XE at a 30% discount from regular pricing. Use Coupon Code: XEV6ECU at checkout and the discount will be applied. That is just $9 per Pony!

Tried to purchase this last night using the code provided and did not work. Still interested in purchasing if you can provide me with a valid code to use. This will go on my XF with the 340HP 3.0L V6 S/C
 
  #29  
Old 02-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 1,100
Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel View Post
Tried to purchase this last night using the code provided and did not work. Still interested in purchasing if you can provide me with a valid code to use. This will go on my XF with the 340HP 3.0L V6 S/C
Nevermind...customer service reps reached out to me after seeing my issue and I will be receiving the powergate 3 vswitch shortly.
 
  #30  
Old 02-01-2017, 12:02 PM
Stuart@VelocityAP's Avatar
Sponsor
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,184
Received 363 Likes on 250 Posts
Default

Hello - I checked and we did not receive an order from anyone in Plano, Tx recently, definitely not last night.

You're posting in the VelocityAP tuning thread but you are using the term VSwitch so I am assuming you purchased or were trying to purchase from Viezu? That would explain why the coupon code didn't work.

Either way, if you were looking to purchase VelocityAP software you will need to order directly from us, and we don't have any record of your order. If you want to call me I can help.
 
__________________
Stuart Dickinson
Managing Director
VelocityAP Industries Ltd.
O: (1)236-422-3341
M: (1)250-460-1775
E: [email protected]
www.velocityap.com
  #31  
Old 02-04-2017, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 1,100
Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default

Pm'ed you. Thanks for sorting that out for me. Package arrives next Thursday
 
  #32  
Old 02-04-2017, 02:24 PM
Member
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 55
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

There has understandably been a lot of talk of ECU tunes, but how about any performance induction systems, intercoolers or exhaust systems for the 4 cylinder petrol engines? I know Mountune offer these for the same Ford engine in Ford cars, just not sure if these will fit the 4 cylinder engine in a Jag?

Will these provide any power increase with factory ECU tunes, or only with aftermarket tunes to suit?
 
  #33  
Old 02-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 1,100
Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cr500 View Post
There has understandably been a lot of talk of ECU tunes, but how about any performance induction systems, intercoolers or exhaust systems for the 4 cylinder petrol engines? I know Mountune offer these for the same Ford engine in Ford cars, just not sure if these will fit the 4 cylinder engine in a Jag?

Will these provide any power increase with factory ECU tunes, or only with aftermarket tunes to suit?
I had always assumed that most people that go with the 4 cyl engines are doing so for fuel economy. It would be very interesting to see what sort of numbers you can get from a 4 cyl. !!!
 

Last edited by Cherry_560sel; 02-04-2017 at 07:11 PM.
  #34  
Old 02-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Member
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 55
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel View Post
I had always assumed that most people that go with the 4 cyl engines are doing so for fuel economy. It would be very interesting to see what sort of numbers you can get from a 4 cyl. !!!
It is only partially due to fuel economy that I decided on the 4 cylinder In Australia at least, the 6 cylinder car costs over 50% more, partly due to added luxury car tax, and mostly due to marketing. If the 6 cyl was only 25% more, then I would have gone for it, but when it is blatant profiteering, then I'm not interested. If I can spend a few $1000 more and get to within 30-40hp of the 6, then I would consider it money well spent.
If the same engine in the Evoque is making 285hp from the factory, then I wouldn't expect reliability to be much of an issue and fuel economy wont deteriorate too much.
 
The following users liked this post:
Fair2 (02-05-2017)
  #35  
Old 02-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 1,100
Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default

That was the exact same line of thought I had when choosing between the 3.0L and the 5.0L. The VAP tune has been vetted by the F Type's which carry the same 3.0L engine that is in the Xf and Xe line. Those guys have been pushing their V6 machines to the limits of what can be done and they have had nothing but great things to say in regards to how true their results match up to the claimed hp increase from VAP. I would estimate that once the 4 cyl. owners begin looking for more power from their cars we will begin to see more dyno numbers to see what can be had from the 4 cyl engines.
 
  #36  
Old 04-14-2017, 12:51 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 139
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Any update?
 
  #37  
Old 04-14-2017, 01:08 AM
C-Los's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: South Florida, USA
Posts: 64
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Any new 30% off sales coming again? I completely missed the sale in January and want one for my XE. Thanks!
 
  #38  
Old 04-14-2017, 10:01 AM
Demetre Gvaramia's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Boston
Posts: 280
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by C-Los View Post
Any new 30% off sales coming again? I completely missed the sale in January and want one for my XE. Thanks!
I will be definitely getting it too at 30% off.
 
  #39  
Old 04-14-2017, 10:15 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: MN
Posts: 216
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default

Black Friday is not coming soon enough
 
  #40  
Old 04-14-2017, 07:49 PM
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Springfield, Virginia
Posts: 87
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Demetre Gvaramia View Post
I will be definitely getting it too at 30% off.

I'll be waiting and watching, too.


 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: