XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

VelocityAP Jaguar XE X760 ECU Tuning. 3.0L V6 SC, 2.0L Petrol/Gasoline Turbo, 2.0L T

Old 04-14-2017, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you change the color of the speedometer with an ECU flash so it stays red all the time?

Old 04-14-2017, 09:31 PM
Sponsor
Received 821 Likes on 467 Posts

Hi Guys,

We're still working on getting satisfactory access to a 2.0L vehicle. I believe we might have an Evoque secured which would work just fine. It requires quite a bit of work to get everything set up the way we want but we're committed to 2.0L Petrol and Diesel setups so we will make it happen.

As far as sales, no, nothing coming up. But you can get 10% off with the coupon code 'JAGFORUMS' through our website, or in other words, about $11/per horse

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
babyjag91 (04-15-2017)
Old 04-15-2017, 01:34 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Does anyone know if I could use a tune for a Taurus/Fusion on my XE? AFAIK it's the same 2.0L Ecoboost?

Old 04-15-2017, 10:49 AM

I wonder that if this product would sell it to other countries, like China? And is it possible to receive data for tuning the machine if I am located in foreign country ? THANKS !

Old 04-15-2017, 11:04 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by yiuyeung
I wonder that if this product would sell it to other countries, like China? And is it possible to receive data for tuning the machine if I am located in foreign country ? THANKS !
Yes, it is something that we sell and ship worldwide. And we have many clients in China, including several with Jaguar ECU Tunes. There's not been any data transmission issues thus far.

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-15-2017, 06:38 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
As far as sales, no, nothing coming up. But you can get 10% off with the coupon code 'JAGFORUMS' through our website, or in other words, about $11/per horse
True and something is better than nothing. It's just that after the shipping cost, you lose a chunk of what you saved toward shipping. My wallet needs another sale like before. Hopefully by my birthday next month. That would make for a nice gift to myself.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:34 AM

Yes, it is something that we sell and ship worldwide. And we have many clients in China, including several with Jaguar ECU Tunes. There's not been any data transmission issues thus far.
Thank you for letting me know this good news. Is it possible that you ask your Chinese clients if they are willing to share some info to me as they have upgraded their cars with your amazing products. I am in Guangdong, China by the way. Thanks again.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:26 AM
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jag2017
Can you change the color of the speedometer with an ECU flash so it stays red all the time?
As you're aware, the instrument cluster only turns red each time you select the "Dynamic" mode at the center console. This is to let you know you are in the most aggressive settings for shift points, etc.
If you are in economy mode the cluster should revert back to green, even with the VelocityAP tune. I too like the red look, but to run red 24-7 in Economy mode would defeat the very handy mode selection indication the color change provides...Stuart
at Velocity AP will be able to give you the official answer though..

Last edited by Austin7; 04-17-2017 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:46 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Just a thought: it'd be really cool if we could get the crackle and pop that the F-type has in its exhaust when you let off the throttle. It's totally programmed into the ECU so it should be doable on the V6 XE.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:32 PM
Received 148 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by alphakinase
Just a thought: it'd be really cool if we could get the crackle and pop that the F-type has in its exhaust when you let off the throttle. It's totally programmed into the ECU so it should be doable on the V6 XE.
I've played around with this, it's really summed up to the entirely different exhaust. From center muffler to rear muffler. The XE and XF have much more of a sound dampening versus the F-Type, the F-Type R is even more louder due to the center muffler not even being present(it's replaced by an X pipe).

I can force the sound by an alternative way, but this method will eventually "destroy your catalysts" being it's not intended to be run on a vehicle still equipped with a catalyst.

alphakinase (04-17-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 03:37 PM
Received 148 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin7
As you're aware, the instrument cluster only turns red each time you select the "Dynamic" mode at the center console. This is to let you know you are in the most aggressive settings for shift points, etc.
If you are in economy mode the cluster should revert back to green, even with the VelocityAP tune. I too like the red look, but to run red 24-7 in Economy mode would defeat the very handy mode selection indication the color change provides...Stuart
at Velocity AP will be able to give you the official answer though..
The tools we have can only flash the engine computer. Flashing the cluster to show a different colour would require something that communicates and can flash the cluster..at the moment, I don't even know of any tools that would do such. If someone knows of a tool that can edit this parameter, can pm me or email in sig 🙂

Old 04-17-2017, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tuning@VelocityAP
I've played around with this, it's really summed up to the entirely different exhaust. From center muffler to rear muffler. The XE and XF have much more of a sound dampening versus the F-Type, the F-Type R is even more louder due to the center muffler not even being present(it's replaced by an X pipe).

I can force the sound by an alternative way, but this method will eventually "destroy your catalysts" being it's not intended to be run on a vehicle still equipped with a catalyst.
Wait... really? So if I understand correctly, whatever magic sauce is in the F-type ECU code that generates the crackle is also present in the OEM XE (and probably XF) ECU files? That would suggest a simple exhaust mod would induce the popping. I'd always thought JLR programmed only the F-type to spray a little extra fuel on the exhaust stroke (maybe?) to generate that noise...

Anecdotally, I have noticed that I can get the XE to crackle/pop just like the F-type when the cats are still warming up, and I let off around 3-4k in 1st gear and coast down hill... it's loud and lasts a good second or two. My suspicion was that the code that controls fueling during warmup on the F-type and XE was identical, thus allowing popping to occur. But maybe its just down to the cats?

Old 04-18-2017, 06:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I think the VAP tune is the same tune for the F and the XE so it should be present. I noticed many things when I put the VAP tune in. 1 was the redline was raised to about 7k when in neutral and the others is slight crackle when the RPMs came back down. It never did that before so I think VAP uses the same tune file for both cars.

I am better if you just straight pipe the 2 bullet cans before the resonator and after the cats then you will get that crackle on decel with the F but not as much as the rear cans a different also. But you will at least have some of it and a throatier sound as well.

I am planning on making my exhaust modular so I can slip on and off the parts i the exhaust stream to get the sound that I want and not ruin anything. The rear cans will be Force brand so I can control the volume by remote as well.

alphakinase (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 08:16 PM

Interesting. I didn't know the tune also got rid of the 4k rpm fuel cutoff in neutral. That's neat.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by alphakinase
Interesting. I didn't know the tune also got rid of the 4k rpm fuel cutoff in neutral. That's neat.
Yep, mine goes right to 7kish. I am going to ask VAP to limit it back down for me and maybe add some over run so my puddy cat can growl at the redlight racers and not float a valve lol.

Old 05-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ololly
Black Friday is not coming soon enough
I'll settle for Christmas in July. ;-)

Old 05-10-2017, 01:57 AM

Hey all. Lurker/n00b here...just want to start learning about the XE.

Been in the Audi/BMW world for a bit, but cross shopping sedans, and adding the XE to the list. Haven't test driven one yet, as I'm waiting for the S4 to be released also.

I've really liked my previous Audi's, and APR's tuning support is fantastic. BMW's have tons of options too. I suspect both, with a turbo, will end up making more power/tq/broader band than the XE can....but there is just...something...about the XE in it's styling calling my name to consider it. It is such a sharp car.

As I lurk/search-

Seems like this VAP pulley/tune kit is the way to go. Has anyone figured out how to prevent the car from auto upshifting before redline? Is this just a dyno issue? Or an on the road issue? Are there improvements to be had from adding the upper pulley to the lower pulley and ECU? or just stick with lower?

What other types of aftermarket support comes along for Jags? Seems like there could be some more gains with an exhaust suite (something like from AWE tuning? still mellow/not too rowdy, but always gains), probably from an intake system, and most definitely from changing out the heat exchanger for the SC's intercooler. The Audi V6 SC showed SIGNIFICANT improvements over the long haul from this mod.

Aftermarket support is important to an extent in my considerations, so just curious what the current dope is on what else may come down the pike for this car....

Old 05-10-2017, 02:32 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by kurtp
Seems like this VAP pulley/tune kit is the way to go. Has anyone figured out how to prevent the car from auto upshifting before redline? Is this just a dyno issue? Or an on the road issue?
Auto upshifting, particularly on the dyno is a result of hitting the kickdown switch on the throttle pedal. Try flooring the throttle gently with the ignition off. Now push a little harder. There's a switch under there that will force a downshift if you push hard enough, you'll feel it 'click'. You can open the throttle all the way without hitting the switch if you use moderate pressure.

Are there improvements to be had from adding the upper pulley to the lower pulley and ECU? or just stick with lower?
Yes, but it's not really worth it. The V8 cars come with a 65mm upper pulley. You can fit a 62mm pulley without shaving the supercharger snout, and a 60.5mm upper pulley if you shave the snout. The V6 already comes with a 62mm upper pulley. If you shave the snout and downsize to a 60.5mm, the net result is probably 4 hours of work for 0.75lbs of incremental additional boost. On the V6 that might be 5BHP? Perhaps 6 or 7..... With the 1900 SC you're already hitting the maximum recommended RPM of 18,000 with the lower pulley and adding the upper pulley pushes you out of the efficiency range of the compressor screws, so all you're really doing is shuffling some torque lower in the RPM range.

What other types of aftermarket support comes along for Jags? Seems like there could be some more gains with an exhaust suite (something like from AWE tuning? still mellow/not too rowdy, but always gains), probably from an intake system, and most definitely from changing out the heat exchanger for the SC's intercooler. The Audi V6 SC showed SIGNIFICANT improvements over the long haul from this mod.
We are working on some prototype progressive rate lowering springs, these will be test fitted shortly and then go into production. Moderate drop, nice ride quality. Intercooling is something we've also been looking at, but so far we have not found IAT's to be a limiting factor, as much as EGT's. To that end, a High Flow Cat will drop the EGT's quite significantly, and we are currently working on a solution for these, similar to our FType setup.

Aftermarket support is important to an extent in my considerations, so just curious what the current dope is on what else may come down the pike for this car....
Pixie Dust.....

www.velocityap.com

Last edited by Stuart@VelocityAP; 05-10-2017 at 02:34 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Stuart@VelocityAP:
kurtp (05-10-2017), Panthro (08-03-2023)
Old 05-10-2017, 02:50 AM

Awesome. Thanks for the feed back, Stuart.

Certainly not calling you out in any way, but I would be shocked if AIT's aren't causing the ECU to pull timing in response to back to back runs....do you have a log of AIT's? retarding the timing could contribute to the higher EGT's as well...but, all that said, you definitely know more than I do!

I'll get back to searching and lurking..keep up the good work!

Auto upshifting, particularly on the dyno is a result of hitting the kickdown switch on the throttle pedal. Try flooring the throttle gently with the ignition off. Now push a little harder. There's a switch under there that will force a downshift if you push hard enough. You can open the throttle all the way without hitting the switch if you use moderate pressure.

Yes, but it's not really worth it. The V8 cars come with a 65mm upper pulley. You can fit a 62mm pulley without having the supercharger snout, and a 60.5mm upper pulley if you shave the snout. The V6 already comes with a 62mm upper pulley. The net result is probably 4 hours of work for 0.75lbs of incremental additional boost. On the V6 that might be 5BHP? Perhaps 6 or 7..... With the 1900 SC you're already hitting the maximum recommended RPM of 18,000 with the lower pulley and adding the upper pulley pushes you out of the efficiency range of the compressor screws, so all you're really doing is shuffling some torque lower in the RPM range.

We are working on some prototype progressive rate lowering springs, these will be test fitted shortly and then go into production. Moderate drop, nice ride quality. Intercooling is something we've also been looking at, but so far we have not found IAT's to be a limiting factor, as much as EGT's. To that end, a High Flow Cat will drop the EGT's quite significantly, and we are currently working on a solution for these, similar to our FType setup.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:37 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Will this software work with my XES in Switzerland?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VelocityAP Jaguar XE X760 ECU Tuning. 3.0L V6 SC, 2.0L Petrol/Gasoline Turbo, 2.0L T