Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XF (X260) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-x260-99/)
-   -   blowing fans with no heat (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-x260-99/blowing-fans-no-heat-210699/)

blunt 11-15-2018 04:14 PM

blowing fans with no heat

I have a 2009 jaguar xf,....the problem is the engine fan blows constantly I've seen the over heating message several times but then it goes away....inside blower works but there is no hot air through vents....

ololly 11-16-2018 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by blunt (Post 1989211)
I have a 2009 jaguar xf,....the problem is the engine fan blows constantly I've seen the over heating message several times but then it goes away....inside blower works but there is no hot air through vents....

I would suggest posting in the correct forum for X250 model, but give my 2 cents nevertheless :) (disclaimer: don't trust blindly to a suggestion of a random dude on the internet)

1. If you are loosing coolant you have a crack at a heater core.
2. If you are not loosing coolant then your heater core is clogged.

Either way let your mechanic to check the heater core. I doubt you can do it yourself, but there is no need to go to a dealer for 2009 car either. Find a reputable mechanic and buy a part from a junk yard.

blunt 11-16-2018 09:29 AM

somebody also mentioned it may be the thermostat...but I will definitely have them look at the heater core they want 680.00 to replace thermostat seems pretty expensive for that fix...

ololly 11-16-2018 09:33 AM

Well, the part itself (the thermostat) costs around $100 and I believe you can actually replace it yourself (again, for the right suggestion post in the forum for your model year). And for the car that old there is no need to go to a dealership with their $200 hourly rates.

Find a good mechanic and stick with him/her. This is not a major repair.

blunt 11-16-2018 10:02 AM

thank you sir I appreciate the knowledge you shared with me....

BritCars 11-17-2018 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by blunt

You need to urgently find someone who knows what they are doing and investigate the problem. These engines will warp if overheated and are next to impossible to rebuild. It will set you back $10k plus to replace - ie car is written off. Read around the forum - it has happened to several people

If it's telling you it's overheating you need to diagnose fast before you drive it more

Do you have a good independent shop who knows these cars? Or a code reader and post all the codes up here

blunt 11-20-2018 12:48 PM

pricing

I was told I needed a water pump and thermostat housing unit and was quoted 1350.00 is that a good price..

ololly 11-20-2018 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by blunt (Post 1991283)
I was told I needed a water pump and thermostat housing unit and was quoted 1350.00 is that a good price..

I would strongly advise to ask at the right forum. Our (X260) cars are still under warranty, so I can't imagine somebody will advise you on the price here. Go on X250 forum and ask there.