Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XF (X260) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-x260-99/)
-   -   What's Your Least Favorite Part About the Interior? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-x260-99/whats-your-least-favorite-part-about-interior-209199/)

hadi 10-10-2018 06:24 PM

What's Your Least Favorite Part About the Interior?

Would love to hear your thoughts

IHG90 10-10-2018 06:50 PM

This - posted a few days ago:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...n-unit-209029/

madgrey 10-11-2018 07:16 PM

hadi, do you own an XF, or still deciding? I was disappointed with Car and Driver's review ("Space Oddities" July 2018) because the Sportbrake received lower marks on interior compared to a Volvo V90 and Benz E400. However, after driving the V90 and Sportbrake, I wasn't at all disappointed and ended up liking the Jag quite a bit. If I had to pick one thing, it may be the "gear selector" but it's growing on me a little.

whitbyxf 10-11-2018 10:16 PM

Placement of the window controls on the door (too far forward) and the placement of the boot/trunk release. Switches on the console for temperature etc. feel cheap and nasty. More than happy with gear selector, gimmicky but leaves a very clean centre console. I tend to set it in drive and leave it while driving. I can change gears manually from the steering wheel mounted paddles without having to look at the gear selector.

jmfan 10-14-2018 02:04 AM

The first time I sat in the current model XF was at a car show right after introduction. I was mildly disappointed with the quality and design of the leather seats, which did not have the appearance of luxury to me. Almost every other competing car at the show had a nicer leather interior. This nitpicking wasn’t enough to keep me from buying one because I liked the exterior look and driving dynamics of the XF S.

After 16 months, I still notice the seats and wonder why Jaguar didn’t choose a better-looking seat design and use higher quality leather. I don’t hate them, I just think they could be better. The seats themselves are comfortable, supportive and excellent. I would have purchased an extended leather option if it was available. Otherwise, I am pleased with the interior.

I looked at a 2018 XF Portfolio last week and liked the improved seat design and upgraded leather. The leather dash, console trim and door panels provided a much better luxury experience. I was surprised the sticker price on this car was $6,500 less than mine.

I love my XF and just completed an enjoyable road trip. It is an outstanding car and has been 100% trouble-free.

Overall, I think the XF is underrated and deserves much more credit than it gets. Improvements are always welcome.

madgrey 10-14-2018 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by whitbyxf (Post 1974320)
Placement of the window controls on the door (too far forward) and the placement of the boot/trunk release.

I'm driving a Range Rover Velar loaner while they sort out my XF's electronic gremlins. The Velar looks to have the same buttons as the XF for window and seat memory (and a few other places) but in swapped positions as I think it should be. The trunk release is still pretty low on the left.

BCJAG 10-14-2018 08:43 PM

My back seat driver but that is an optional extra. Quality car. usual problem with piping on seats which loses colour because it isn't really the composite leather you get elsewhere.
Comfortable car. Gear level pops up too slowly when wanting to choose Drive and get going...

EKinSC 10-17-2018 03:02 PM

The only two things I'm not a big fan of are the location on the window switches on the driver's door and the lack of wood (is that black trim supposed to be piano black wood? It looks like plastic).

EKinSC

BruceTheQuail 10-17-2018 04:33 PM

I dont have the XF but had 2 of the previous model and have an XE that is pretty much the same interior.

I actually love the interior in the XE/F (R sport interior), save for the window switches that are in the wrong place and the screen home button that is on the wrong side and the volume knob is too far away (use that usually instead of wheel buttons). It is uncluttered, easy to find anything, looks great at night or when the car is on and it is lit up. I find it much more practical than the flashier benz interior, much nicer than an audio or a bmw. I really like the space for big phones in front of the rotary knob, though driving the f type now my knob days are behind me I think, I'd rather the stick even though the flat knob makes for a feeling of space.

I do think that the interior in the previous gen was classier. I had ivory, oyster, and walnut in my first XF and it was just gorgeous, subtle, and clubby - leather everywhere with a bit of aluminium, not too much wood (contrary to the XKR I bought afterward which looked like someone had eaten a tree and barfed in there). I've never seen an interior as nice since.