XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

BG 44K

Old 09-09-2017, 02:15 AM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default BG 44K

I'm about to change the fuel filter in my 09 XF SC, before I do that I heard that BG 44K is good to clean the injector and what not, and I have 115k miles. Is it recommended to use, and if so should I use the fuel cleaner before the fuel filter change or after? Thanks

Old 09-09-2017, 04:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

you should send me the money instead. I can put it to better use...hahaha

Old 09-09-2017, 05:13 AM
Received 4,435 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Funny enough, Land Rover recommends using BG 44K to clean injectors which may be causing misfires.

Have a look at the attached memo SSM46917.pdf

Old 09-09-2017, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cambo
Funny enough, Land Rover recommends using BG 44K to clean injectors which may be causing misfires.

Have a look at the attached memo Attachment 202564
Thanks so much, so should I use it before changing the fuel filter or after?

Old 09-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Re: this post and your other surging post - did we not just go over this a couple of weeks ago???

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...e-5-0l-188124/

Old 09-09-2017, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by sybarite
Re: this post and your other surging post - did we not just go over this a couple of weeks ago???

lol that wasn't my post but thanks for the link anyways

Old 09-09-2017, 01:42 PM
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sybarite

Nope that was me lol

Old 09-09-2017, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Supercharged Jag
I'm about to change the fuel filter in my 09 XF SC, before I do that I heard that BG 44K is good to clean the injector and what not, and I have 115k miles. Is it recommended to use, and if so should I use the fuel cleaner before the fuel filter change or after? Thanks
Listen up Kentucky Cowboy,,,

As much as I love this forum and respect and appreciate the members that help contributing to have a more fun experience with Jags, there are still those members that ruin everything for the rest because of their ignorance and lack of knowledge.

I have been chasing a problem in my car that has been there for about a month and a half (Resolved btw). I literally changed everything that could cause a surging idle from plugs, maf senesors, coils, ..... etc etc and if you are wondering why I didn't just read a code to figure out what's causing it simply because there were no codes, just the damn surging idle so I had to choose the troubleshooting approach.

Anyways, BG products (at least to my knowledge), solved my problem with surging idle. I literally been reading on here "don't use them, avoid them, you are wasting your money bla bla bla",, when you actually ask any of those people who tell you to avoid it they (most of them) never actually used it themselves.

Theoretically speaking, this BG product is not supposed to hurt your engine nor any other parts related to your engine or fuel system or anything. So if you hear someone claiming misfires or any other trouble it is because just ignore them,, there has to be something else wrong with their car either they know about it and butt hurt that BG didn't fix it or don't know it is even there.

If you are looking to use BG 44k I recommend going to a certified shop by BG and do the air induction cleaning service as well, it is also a different bottle than the 44k usually it will say GDI cleaner or air induction cleaning service. I thought about it this way "If it won't benefit my car it won't hurt it" and indeed it did benefit. It cleaned the intake valves. YES it did not clean the intake the valves as thoroughly as if I had taken the intake manifold out and used a brush and cleaning solvents but hey it did 90% of the job for 10% of the cost. So do whatever makes you sleep at night.

Same story happened with K&N drop in filters where a lot said that it caused them trouble, Hey I used it and picked up 13 whp (with a tune) on the dyno (mind you my old filters were dirty). Again don't let people's ignorance or lack of knowledge change what you feel like is right.

Last but not least as I mentioned before I am not affiliated with BG company in any way nor am I trying to advertise for them. I am someone who tried their product and was very satisfied.

Best of Luck
Sam

The following 2 users liked this post by croco:
hendogg8 (09-09-2017), TOPJAZZ (02-22-2023)
Old 09-09-2017, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by croco
Listen up Kentucky Cowboy,,,

As much as I love this forum and respect and appreciate the members that help contributing to have a more fun experience with Jags, there are still those members that ruin everything for the rest because of their ignorance and lack of knowledge.

I have been chasing a problem in my car that has been there
for about a month and a half (Resolved btw). I literally changed everything that could cause a surging idle from plugs, maf senesors, coils, ..... etc etc and if you are wondering why I didn't just read a code to figure out what's causing it simply because there were no codes, just the damn surging idle so I had to choose the troubleshooting approach.

Anyways, BG products (at least to my knowledge), solved my problem with surging idle. I literally been reading on here "don't use them, avoid them, you are wasting your money bla bla bla",, when you actually ask any of those people who tell you to avoid it they (most of them) never actually used it themselves.

Theoretically speaking, this BG product is not supposed to hurt your engine nor any other parts related to your engine or fuel system or anything. So if you hear someone claiming misfires or any other trouble it is because just ignore them,, there has to be something else wrong with their car either they know about it and butt hurt that BG didn't fix it or don't know it is even there.

If you are looking to use BG 44k I recommend going to a certified shop by BG and do the air induction cleaning service as well, it is also a different bottle than the 44k usually it will say GDI cleaner or air induction cleaning service. I thought about it this way "If it won't benefit my car it won't hurt it" and indeed it did benefit. It cleaned the intake valves. YES it did not clean the intake the valves as thoroughly as if I had taken the intake manifold out and used a brush and cleaning solvents but hey it did 90% of the job for 10% of the cost. So do whatever makes you sleep at night.

Same story happened with K&N drop in filters where a lot said that it caused them trouble, Hey I used it and picked up 13 whp (with a tune) on the dyno (mind you my old filters were dirty). Again don't let people's ignorance or lack of knowledge change what you feel like is right.

Last but not least as I mentioned before I am not affiliated with BG company in any way nor am I trying to advertise for them. I am someone who tried their product and was very satisfied.

Best of Luck
Sam
thanks so much, I'm definitely going to give it a try, once again thanks so much

Old 09-09-2017, 02:19 PM

Not a problem. Always a pleasure to help other members. Hope it works for you.

Best
Sam

Old 09-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

thanks so much, I'm definitely going to give it a try, once again thanks so much
Don't be too hasty. The stuff you were/are contemplating is a liquid poured in the gas tank. It usually does SFA.

What croco did was a different product injected into the intake.

Apples and oranges.

The following users liked this post:
croco (09-09-2017)
Old 09-09-2017, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey
Don't be too hasty. The stuff you were/are contemplating is a liquid poured in the gas tank. It usually does SFA.

Apples and oranges.

+1 Exactly

Old 09-09-2017, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey

Apples and oranges.
everybody is happy and have had a lot of problems go away plus it can't harm anything so might as well give it a try. My only other question is should I add it after changing the fuel filter or before?

Old 09-09-2017, 07:21 PM

everybody is happy and have had a lot of problems go away plus it can't harm anything so might as well give it a try. My only other question is should I add it after changing the fuel filter or before?
The BG 44k is supposed to clean fuel system starting from the tank till it is out in the exhaust. Are you suspecting your Fuel filter to be faulty?

What I would do personally is run it before you change the fuel filter. If the problem is corrected then you don't need to change your fuel filter, take it back to the parts shop and get your money back.

However, if nothing changes you have a part in hand and you can swap it out. That way you have eliminated one possible part that could cause the problem you have (If you have one).

Old 09-09-2017, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by croco
The BG 44k is supposed to clean fuel system starting from the tank till it is out in the exhaust. Are you suspecting your Fuel filter to be faulty?

What I would do personally is run it before you change the fuel filter. If the problem is corrected then you don't need to change your fuel filter, take it back to the parts shop and get your money back.

However, if nothing changes you have a part in hand and you can swap it out. That way you have eliminated one possible part that could cause the problem you have (If you have one).
wait so the fuel filter does not need to to be changed? I thought every car you had to change it every like 30,000 miles. And I have 115k, shouldn't I be changing it either way?

Old 09-09-2017, 10:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,110 Likes on 2,295 Posts

The 5.0 XF SC has a "for life" fuel filter, it's integrated into the fuel pump which sits in the fuel tank, and the the only way to change it is to change the whole fuel pump which is expensive both for the parts and the labour.
Put another way the fuel filter does not need to be changed unless there is for some weird reason a major problem with it.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
The 5.0 XF SC has a "for life" fuel filter, it's integrated into the fuel pump which sits in the fuel tank, and the the only way to change it is to change the whole fuel pump which is expensive both for the parts and the labour.
Put another way the fuel filter does not need to be changed unless there is for some weird reason a major problem with it.
i don't have the 5.0, I have the 4.2. It's a 09 XF SC the fuel filter is behind the wheel well on the front driver side

Old 09-09-2017, 11:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,110 Likes on 2,295 Posts

i don't have the 5.0, I have the 4.2. It's a 09 XF SC the fuel filter is behind the wheel well on the front driver side
Well in that case you should probably change the fuel filter every 30,000 miles or so, and from what I have read it's not that difficult or expensive.
Sorry about the mix-up, in UK and Oz the 09 XF supercharged was the 5.0 XFR and the 08 was the 4.2 SV8.

Old 09-10-2017, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Well in that case you should probably change the fuel filter every 30,000 miles or so, and from what I have read it's not that difficult or expensive.
Sorry about the mix-up, in UK and Oz the 09 XF supercharged was the 5.0 XFR and the 08 was the 4.2 SV8.
yeah no worries, it's not hard at all it's located in the wheel well of the front driver side. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes, thanks anyways

Old 09-10-2017, 05:42 AM
Received 6,239 Likes on 5,441 Posts

I'd change the filter first, if the BG is going to be any help why put it through a dirty filter first?

Search this Thread