Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XF and XFR ( X250 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/)
-   -   Finally ZF trans remap! Need all your help (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/finally-zf-trans-remap-need-all-your-help-245397/)

Benjamin Jerome Smith 04-14-2021 04:23 PM

Finally ZF trans remap! Need all your help

https://viezu.com/blog/all-new-jaguar-gearbox-tuning

Please read up to the links because this can increase all our car's values by over double in the next years...

Viezu is making Jaguar TCU modifications to the 8speeds now. It improves the shift speed by .2 seconds AND raises the dreaded torque limiter. They have gotten 0-60 times down to 2.8 sec in a F Type R. Awesome. Great. But that isn't what I need all your help with. All people that want to TUNE their 6 speed XFR's and XFS's need to help them decide to release a handheld tuner you can buy from them and they can tune your 6sp box. They said they would do it if there is interest. This is a huge deal (bigger than 8sp) for reasons I am about to disclose.

You don’t really want the 8sp box. You cannot build it. Turns out you can build the ZF6HP28 six speed box. It is the same box internally as the Ford 6R80 and those parts interchange into the ZFHP28. Its because ZF builds the 6R80 for Ford. The same people make both with the same internals. I have the aftermarket billet shafts and stage 2 Exedy clutches for my 6 speed, and even going to have a rebuild of the valvetronic valve body with billet solenoids to handle 1600WHP+ all day long. Links below. You cannot do that with the 8 sp. There are no parts for it at all. The problem with building this trans is no one (YET) can program the trans to take advantage of the build because the Ford version of the ZF6HP28 (6R80) has an external TCU that can be easily re-flashed and the ZF6HP28 has an internal one that isn’t as accessible. This would be a whole game changer and open up the 6sp XFR as an real contender to make big boy HP and challenge any build no matter how wild. Nobody will want an 8 sp after we can build the 6 sp to 1600WHP+ monsters.

All we need now is a trans tune and this chassis has unlimited potential. If the trans can handle it, you can make as much power as you want reliably….Please if we want our car VALUES TO GO UP I need all of you to tell them to do the 6sp tune. The weakest link in the drivetrain after that is the half-shafts and the actual differential. Drop in a Ford 9” with axles from Drive Shaft Shop a racing OS Giken Super Lock LSD and we got a Strong as URU metal drivetrain that can shake off the biggest engine outputs and give you change for it... This is THE REASON Supras go for over $100K today. The drivetrain was bulletproof once you got the right parts for it. It exceeded all its competitors for the same reason. Strong drivetrain means long term support for this platform and increases demand for it which drives values up. There are a lot of XFR and XFS owners in the states that NEED this including ME. We all need this to make our cars values go up. Trust me it won't take but a couple of XFR's making over 1000WHP kicking names and taking @$$ that will wake up the enthusiast community and the demand for an already rare performance vehicle will start to creep up. Before you know it it will double. And keep going. Look at the second gen CTSV manual. They are going for double the $$ as the XFR for the same year. Why? It has a strong manual transmission. It can make power. We can do the same thing. We just need this tune AVAILABLE to us. Thanks for reading.

Here is a link to contacting Veizu. info@viezu.com Let them know we need the 6 speed ZF tune. The future of this platform depends on it.

Benjamin Jerome Smith 04-14-2021 04:30 PM

ZF6HP28 Nizpro Billet shafts-

MSR Racing Billet Planetary and Billet internals- <--- He runs 7's on a Built ZF that has 1600WHP+ going through it!

ZF6HP28 Exedy stage 2 clutch-

ZF6HP28 RevMax billet valvebody solenoids-

Neal Chance Converters- - <--Best converter makers in the world

Some people don't know this but I will put this on here for them that don't about ZF's but they have something called a Mechatronic Seal. It is a rectangle plastic seal that is in the bottom of the trans. It WILL crack. Not if. It's only $17 new, but there is a machinist that makes them out of 6061 Aluminum and sells them on ebay for a permanent fix because even if you get a new factory one it will crack over and over again and again. It is responsible for slower and improper shifts. You might want to look into it if you are keeping your Beautiful XFR.

Oxidizer2k 04-14-2021 10:53 PM

Interested

Gray Ninja 04-15-2021 11:23 AM

SVR does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds but they've managed to do it in 2.8 in R?

MoscowLeaper 04-15-2021 02:37 PM

Huh. 6spd can be flashed with a custom tune without a handheld device, all you need is SDD and some knowledge. :)

Benjamin Jerome Smith 04-15-2021 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Gray Ninja (Post 2379235)
SVR does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds but they've managed to do it in 2.8 in R?

Yes I believe their shop car is a R AWD that makes 670HP to the crank.

Originally Posted by MoscowLeaper (Post 2379329)
Huh. 6spd can be flashed with a custom tune without a handheld device, all you need is SDD and some knowledge. :)

SDD? What is that? I can get the 6R80 parameters from Lund or MSR if there is a way to flash the internal TCU please share! We all can benefit from this knowledge.

MoscowLeaper 04-15-2021 03:01 PM

SDD is a JLR diagnostic system, which can update a module's software. You can force it to load your own tune (well, you need to modify a stock tune, recalculate tune checksums, recalculate a checksums for SDD and then load it. Won't tell you more, it's one of mine trade secrets).
The data from 6R80 won't work in JLR 6hp28 (well, it would actually destroy it), since the strategy, calibrations and a whole control are totally diffrent. The australian ford 6hp are closer to JLR ones, but still diffrent.

P.S. 8hp can be flashed the same way, giving much more parameters to change (comparing to hptuners) and better vehicle coverage (i.e. hptuners won't flash disco4 with 8hp, won't flash any 8hp on a 2017-up JLR cars, except for a f-type and xj and so on)

Benjamin Jerome Smith 04-22-2021 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by MoscowLeaper (Post 2379348)
SDD is a JLR diagnostic system, which can update a module's software. You can force it to load your own tune (well, you need to modify a stock tune, recalculate tune checksums, recalculate a checksums for SDD and then load it. Won't tell you more, it's one of mine trade secrets).
The data from 6R80 won't work in JLR 6hp28 (well, it would actually destroy it), since the strategy, calibrations and a whole control are totally diffrent. The australian ford 6hp are closer to JLR ones, but still diffrent.

P.S. 8hp can be flashed the same way, giving much more parameters to change (comparing to hptuners) and better vehicle coverage (i.e. hptuners won't flash disco4 with 8hp, won't flash any 8hp on a 2017-up JLR cars, except for a f-type and xj and so on)

I looked into getting a old laptop running with SDD and writing code to not break something in the trans and such is more than a couple steps beyond buying a little dongle and getting a professional to tune the parameters for a few hundred dollars. What you are talking about takes thousands of dollars and years of learning in a advanced apprenticed environment. Not easy for a professional that wants to bolt on parts on their car and have it tuned in a weekend. We still need the tune for most XFR owners to play. It needs to be accessible for the values of our cars to go up as a whole.

MoscowLeaper 04-23-2021 04:33 AM

But it's still possible to get a laptop with SDD and pay to load a tune (and it is already existing and working like a charm). And using SDD is way safer than, for example, hptuners, which may brick you TCM (and it happens sometimes, lol)

boostedxf 06-04-2022 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Benjamin Jerome Smith (Post 2379340)
Yes I believe their shop car is a R AWD that makes 670HP to the crank.

SDD? What is that? I can get the 6R80 parameters from Lund or MSR if there is a way to flash the internal TCU please share! We all can benefit from this knowledge.

I have also heard that SDD can be used from a company called who does it. They also had told me the F-Type E Diff Calibration can be added via SDD to the XF/XFR as that calibration has more potential for performance.
I just found this thread and I have been actually very interested in this for the last month or so. Some of the sites posted led to Error pages or eBay/ Amazon which they seller did not have anymore. We’re you able to get all of the necessary parts to do this? Has Viezu committed to the TCU tune? I’m a little behind on this post so I apologize for all the questions. But as I said, I am very interested and will have a budget to afford this. Please feel free to message me with any information i may need to get this done. Thank you very much for sharing this information by the way!

BreaktheChains 06-06-2022 08:57 AM

I'd be interested in the Viezu TCU remap also.

Reaxions 06-08-2022 04:08 PM

Yeah, I think a ton of us would be.

davetibbs 06-09-2022 01:30 AM

Me three. Also very intrigued by the idea of loading the F-Type E-Diff calibration.

Benjamin Jerome Smith 09-17-2022 10:18 AM

I am in process of building my trans as well with the 6R80 parts. Already bought the exedy stage 2 clutches, new bearings, filter and oil, billet aluminum mechatronic seal, and prepared to buy a bigger trans cooler, billet intermediate shaft and planetary from MSR racing. I want to replace the TC from NeilChance. Lastly builds ZF6HP28 valve bodies with billet solenoids and CNC machining. https://support.lundracing.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005743408-Tune-Revisions tunes the 6R80 and the BMW ZF6HP28 trans, but apparently our trans TCU is internal vs all the others TCU are external and can be tuned. If we can find a way to interface the handheld Lund transmission tuner, we can build this ZF6HP28 to handle 1600+WHP like the MSR 6R80 does. http://www.viezu.com/blog/all-new-jaguar-gearbox-tuning/ in the UK does now tune the trans but don't know if it will be good specs for a built trans to live at that power level...

I am also going to replace my e-diff with a Ford 8.8 with a 3.31 Gears and already have a OS Giken Super lock LSD. Need diff cooler, Driveshaft shop axles and driveshaft.

Only thing left is the engine. I found a engine builder that builds coyote 5.0 engines (Fast Forward Racing) and they agreed to build the AJ133 it since it is so similar to the Ford 5.0 s/c. I have a Eaton R2650 Supercharger head going on a custom intake/intercooler/interchiller/ITB unit with spacers on a built engine. Water inj and dry sump to make sure the engine is cool and always has oil. After that I will turn to the suspension and lightening the car a bit in the front, adding AP 5000R brakes, new wheels/tires and take this thing on the road course track and go smoke some supercars.

I might have to have MSR look at the trans and see if Brett Lasala can see if the TCU can be programmed with the same lund tune or maybe he can program it himself. Sorry guys that is all I have right now, I just got married and selling two houses with kids running around has taken all my time lately.

Valvebody

boostedxf 09-17-2022 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Benjamin Jerome Smith (Post 2567318)
I am in process of building my trans as well with the 6R80 parts. Already bought the exedy stage 2 clutches, new bearings, filter and oil, billet aluminum mechatronic seal, and prepared to buy a bigger trans cooler, billet intermediate shaft and planetary from MSR racing. I want to replace the TC from NeilChance. Lastly Revmax builds ZF6HP28 valvebodies with billet solenoids and CNC machining. Lund tunes the 6R80 and the BMW ZF6HP28 trans, but apparently our trans is internal vs all the others are external and can be tuned. If we can find a way to interface the handheld Lund transmission tuner, we can build this ZF6HP28 to handle 1600+WHP like the MSR 6R80 does. Viezu tuning in the UK does now tune the trans but don't know if it will be good specs for a built trans to live at that power level...

I am also going to replace my e-diff with a Ford 8.8 with a US Gear Lightning 3.31 and a OS Giken Super lock LSD. Diff cooler, Driveshaft shop axles and driveshaft.

Only thing left is the engine. I found a engine builder that builds coyote 5.0 engines (Fast Forward Racing) and they agreed to build the AJ133 it since it is so similar to the Ford 5.0 s/c. I have a Eaton R2650 Supercharger head going on a custom intake/intercooler/interchiller/ITB unit with spacers on a built engine. Water inj and dry sump to make sure the engine is cool and always has oil. After that I will turn to the suspension and lightening the car a bit in the front, adding AP 5000R brakes, new wheels/tires and take this thing on the road course track and go smoke some supercars.

I might have to have MSR look at the trans and see if Brett Lasala can see if the TCU can be programmed with the same lund tune or maybe he can program it himself. Sorry guys that is all I have right now, I just got married and selling two houses with kids running around has taken all my time lately.

**** ya! Jesus man, that’s probably the best thing I’ve read on these forums.
Cool if I PM you with some questions?

Oxidizer2k 09-17-2022 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Benjamin Jerome Smith (Post 2567318)
I am in process of building my trans as well with the 6R80 parts. Already bought the exedy stage 2 clutches, new bearings, filter and oil, billet aluminum mechatronic seal, and prepared to buy a bigger trans cooler, billet intermediate shaft and planetary from MSR racing. I want to replace the TC from NeilChance. Lastly Revmax builds ZF6HP28 valve bodies with billet solenoids and CNC machining. Lund tunes the 6R80 and the BMW ZF6HP28 trans, but apparently our trans is internal vs all the others are external and can be tuned. If we can find a way to interface the handheld Lund transmission tuner, we can build this ZF6HP28 to handle 1600+WHP like the MSR 6R80 does. Viezu tuning in the UK does now tune the trans but don't know if it will be good specs for a built trans to live at that power level...

I am also going to replace my e-diff with a Ford 8.8 with a 3.31 Gears and already have a OS Giken Super lock LSD. Need diff cooler, Driveshaft shop axles and driveshaft.

Valvebody

holy crap that’s awesome!

Reaxions 09-18-2022 11:09 PM

Congrats on getting married! Now, get back to the important stuff! Ha-ha!

clubairth1 09-19-2022 10:19 AM

Actually the 8 speed ZF has a LOT more stuff for it than the 6 speed. What people forget is once the the 8 speed ZF was installed in the Hellcat the aftermarket went wild releasing upgraded parts. Unless your into American muscle most don't realize to what level these cars are being built to?

Hellcats are routinely built to 1500HP and beyond so they do crazy stuff like twisting drive shafts in two and busting rear axles because of the vast amount of power they are putting down.
Here is one shop that builds these tremendous ZF 8 speeds. Note the power ratings listed. yea-1350 ft-lb of torque at the crank! They are WAY beyond anything a modified Jaguar has ever put out. If your really serious I would have a talk with them before doing anything or ordering any parts. Note at the bottom of their ad it says :
"Parmount Performance Products also produce high performance transmission solutions for foreign platforms as well."

Built 8 Speed ZF Transmissions

boostedxf 09-19-2022 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by clubairth1 (Post 2567952)
Actually the 8 speed ZF has a LOT more stuff for it than the 6 speed. What people forget is once the the 8 speed ZF was installed in the Hellcat the aftermarket went wild releasing upgraded parts. Unless your into American muscle most don't realize to what level these cars are being built to?

Hellcats are routinely built to 1500HP and beyond so they do crazy stuff like twisting drive shafts in two and busting rear axles because of the vast amount of power they are putting down.
Here is one shop that builds these tremendous ZF 8 speeds. Note the power ratings listed. yea-1350 ft-lb of torque at the crank! They are WAY beyond anything a modified Jaguar has ever put out. If your really serious I would have a talk with them before doing anything or ordering any parts. Note at the bottom of their ad it says :
"Parmount Performance Products also produce high performance transmission solutions for foreign platforms as well."

Built 8 Speed ZF Transmissions

I definitely appreciate the availability of modifications on the ZF8, however, in order to get that to function in our gen 2 ZF6 cars, I would bet it would almost as much as just simply buying a vehicle equipped with it and just swapping any performance mods over to the newer platform. On that note, I do think it may be time those who have developed the TCM tunes for the ZF8 should also dive just as deep into the ZF6HP28 as this transmission is also widely spread through out many notorious performance/ sport based vehicle models. Don’t get me wrong, I know there are a few out there who have the capacity to adjust the workings but definitely not as many as the ZF8. Speaking of, do you know if the Jaguar ZF8 is the ZF8HP70 or the HP90? I think the 1350wtq rated is likely the beefed up HP90/HP95.. which I’m sure, like the 6HP26/HP28, there are some interchangeability but that also goes to the money factor. Unless you’ve got money to spare on this all, which personally with being a single full time dad owning a rolling constant problem (a Jaguar) I have everything but the time and money to just simply drop on a 8HP90 and fabricate everything and somehow find a way to make the TCM work with my Denso ECM. So I’m basically left with the next best thing available which is still plenty reasonable to me. I mean a stage 2- 1,000wtq rated transmission mated to an engine hardly even able to break 700bhp (as far as I can tell which may or may not soon change) this sounds about good to me. Not sure who will ever use a 1350wtq rated trans to its max potential in these vehicles of course unless one were to just simply Hellephant swap it or something. Anyways. That’s my $.02.

clubairth1 09-20-2022 10:33 AM

Oh yea I agree! Not any point in trying to install the 8 speed in place of the very good 6 speed. The 8 speed is only marginally better. But it is a real difference. I have had cars with both and was not disappointed at all with the 6 speed.

Yes we did not get the higher rated 75 or 76 or 80 or 90 or 95 versions of the 8 speed. We got the 8HP70 which is rated at 700 N-M or 516 Ft-LB.
Post back if do any mods as we don't see much if anything done to the transmission outside the complicated fluid change procedure!