XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Hazards won’t go off

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hazards won’t go off

Please help my hazards are stuck on and won’t go off tried everything where do I go first please undoing battery resets but they come on again later on

Old 12-19-2018, 06:52 PM
GGG
Received 16,766 Likes on 12,154 Posts

Welcome to the forum Clixmick,

I've moved your question from X260 forum (for XF 2015 onwards) to X250 (for XF 2007-2015) and deleted the 2 other versions from General Tech Help. Do NOT multiple post the same question across forums.

As you have probably already discovered, there is no fuse for the hazards.

When the hazard flashers are selected ON, a ground (earth) path is momentarily completed to the CJB (Central Junction Box) which activates the front and rear and side repeater turn signal indicators. A second press of the switch is sensed by the CJB and the hazard flashers are deactivated.

The hazard flashers can also be activated by a crash signal from the RCM (Restraints Control Module).

Therefore it is likely to be one of the following:
1. switch fault
2. CJB/harness fault
3. RCM/harness fault

When you get a minute, please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 12-20-2018, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

As a novice what would you suggest I do ? Replace the switch ? Harnesses and fault detections of that kind are beyond most of us I would think