Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XF and XFR ( X250 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/)
-   -   Key Fob (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/key-fob-277754/)

skeets 02-24-2024 08:15 AM

Key Fob

Key fob
Hi all, I have a 2009 XF 2.7 Diesel Model. I hope someone out there can assist, while changing the battery on my key fob one of the terminals broke namely the one that connects to the side of the battery. Where can I pick up a nes circuit board for the fob?
I'm in Aberdeen, Scotland.

Many thanks

Skeets

clubairth1 02-25-2024 08:46 AM

The FOB's are pretty cheap and I would just replace the entire FOB. Do you have 2 keys for the car? If not do plan to get 2.
It will save your butt in the future!

User 42324 02-25-2024 11:04 AM

Ebay but you'll still need to get it programmed. Make sure you get one for the UK market as I understand the US ones work to different frequencies.
EDIT:- Take it to an electronics shop & I'm sure they'll be able to do something with it.

Long Islander 03-01-2024 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by skeets (Post 2724693)
Key fob
Hi all, I have a 2009 XF 2.7 Diesel Model. I hope someone out there can assist, while changing the battery on my key fob one of the terminals broke namely the one that connects to the side of the battery. Where can I pick up a nes circuit board for the fob?
I'm in Aberdeen, Scotland.

Many thanks

Skeets

There's guy on Ebay (Automotive Locksmith) in England who repairs electronic car keys and key fobs. I recently sent my Posche key to him and I'm still waiting for my key to be delivered to him (mail must move very slowly in England). Having your key fob repaired might be a lot cheaper than buying a new one and then taking it to the dealer to have it programmed to your car. Plus, if you didn't buy it from that dealer, I've heard from other Porsche owners that they won't program it. If you go the route of buying a new key at a discount and having a dealer program it, you might want to check with the dealer first before buying the key fob.

skeets 03-03-2024 09:27 AM

Thanks

Got him thanks and key is on the way back from repair, very reasonable. Hope it works when I get it

Thanks for the response

Long Islander 03-04-2024 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by skeets (Post 2727184)
Got him thanks and key is on the way back from repair, very reasonable. Hope it works when I get it

Thanks for the response

Wow, that was fast. I'm still waiting for my key to be delivered to him. Let us know how your repaired key fob works.

skeets 03-08-2024 07:38 AM

Key Fob

Got a bit confused with the repair shop. The people I used were these guys on EBay ..
remoterepairscentre.Got the key fob back yesterday and it works fine. It actually looks like a brand new key fob...great job I'd recommend !!!

Cheers

Skeets