Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XF and XFR ( X250 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/)
-   -   My newly black packed 09 XF (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/my-newly-black-packed-09-xf-73572/)

philhef 05-19-2012 04:02 PM

My newly black packed 09 XF

1 Attachment(s)
Just picked up my 09 lunar grey premier Xf from the body shop, I've done many mods but this is the KING of them all! I had already added the European DRL front blades and black grille but I really wanted the total de-chromed black pack look. Even down to my (love/Hate) leaper.(which I ordered from germany, custom designed for new jags, notice the base and it's a bit larger than stock) I went a step further and had the wheels painted metallic gloss black and the roof clear coat black as well. It turned our FAR beyond my expectations!!!! EVERY head turns when I fly buy. ALl that's left are the red calipers.
When I can figure out how to download a photo, I'll post!! Attachment 19613

Wife's Tech 05-19-2012 04:12 PM

What did the grille replacement set you back and how difficult was it to change out... looks excellent!! Not a fan of the leaper though but that even give your car a distinstive cool look.

09XFSuper 05-19-2012 04:47 PM

I like it! Nice job. :cool:
Where in NC are you?

Mdm 05-20-2012 04:55 AM

Hi there,

I was planning on blacking out the chrome on my car which includes the chrome around the doors and the grille, did you find it difficult to paint these or did you order new parts already painted? If you ordered them asis where from?

philhef 05-20-2012 04:58 AM

Wife's tech, I ordered the grille from England on eBay. If I remember it was about 285.00. But front bumper has to be removed. Not hard just time consuming.

philhef 05-20-2012 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by 09XFSuper (Post 516047)
I like it! Nice job. :cool:
Where in NC are you?

Hickory. I'm easy to spot. Only 3 xf's and NONEike mine!! Lol

philhef 05-20-2012 05:07 AM

Painted

Originally Posted by Cybix (Post 516258)
Hi there,

I was planning on blacking out the chrome on my car which includes the chrome around the doors and the grille, did you find it difficult to paint these or did you order new parts already painted? If you ordered them asis where from?

I ordered the new front drl lights from adamesh in England and a new front black grille from ebayuk. Still had chrome surround. I used Custom Body Works in my town to remove and paint all trim. Door trim was the hardest due to partly glued on. Every thing was sanded and etched primed, then regular primed then black and finally clear coat. Roof was simply clearcoat black. Including gutter rails. Needs one last wet sand and final clear coat bit it still looks amazing. Calipers next. Red of course!!!

jaguny 05-20-2012 08:15 AM

The lunar grey looks great with the black out components. More photos please! Was the front grille an original Jag grille or custom? How are you having the calipers painted? Keep us posted.

Mdm 05-21-2012 03:54 AM

@philhef - thanks m8

philhef 05-21-2012 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by jaguny (Post 516319)
The lunar grey looks great with the black out components. More photos please! Was the front grille an original Jag grille or custom? How are you having the calipers painted? Keep us posted.

Calipers going red end of week and getting a Matte black window stripe with the jaguar logo cut out.

Blackcoog 05-21-2012 07:39 AM

Was the grill a stock grill you painted or a black pack grill?

philhef 05-22-2012 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Blackcoog (Post 516862)
Was the grill a stock grill you painted or a black pack grill?

Na, I ordered it from a seller on eBay uk. There are many more parts on eBay uk but be sure to ask if they will ship to USA. Also. Convert the british pound price before you buy.
If painting existing grille, you MUST steam pressure wash the mesh very well and use self etching primer first. Be sure to sand all chrome with 400 grit paper as best you can.

philhef 05-22-2012 07:52 AM

http://A+A+A+A+A+

philhef 05-22-2012 08:48 AM

Soon as I can figure out how upload pics I'll add more. Never used http to pull pics from my photo album.

philhef 05-22-2012 02:07 PM

http://photobucket.com/badjag

philhef 05-22-2012 05:31 PM

I give up!! I'll get a friend to help later.
On a new note, i have decided to use the S badge similar to the R badge on my boot lid. I know it is meant for the european diesel s edition but I've spent a fortune blacking out my car and I think it is basically a sport treatment, I'm comendering that darn badge!!
I had to order it from England and it came in today so on it goes!!!

rumpaco 05-27-2012 04:27 PM

Interesting choice with the leaper. Can't say I would do it myself, but now people won't wonder what kind of car it is!

PilotAlan 05-27-2012 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by rumpaco (Post 520206)
Interesting choice with the leaper. Can't say I would do it myself, but now people won't wonder what kind of car it is!

I've loved the leaper for decades, and had him on three prior Jags. But I don't think the XF looks better with it.

That said, gorgeous XF, dude!

Cadillac 05-28-2012 03:24 AM

Hey, phil
We have a detailed thread on Jaguar Forums Advice / Feedback Center on posting pictures . So, you can check in if you like

philhef 05-28-2012 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by PilotAlan (Post 520214)
I've loved the leaper for decades, and had him on three prior Jags. But I don't think the XF looks better with it.

That said, gorgeous XF, dude!

Thanks for the compliment! As for the leaper, it's a special one from Germany and I actually like it on pre facelift XF. I wouldn't put one on the new XF but I have to say mine in paino black has been a HUGE hit everywhere. Before black packing entire car, I may have regretted the chrome leaper but I wouldn't change a thing in black!!!