Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XF and XFR ( X250 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/)
-   -   Odometer disappeared! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/odometer-disappeared-122437/)

petercat 07-21-2014 12:32 PM

Odometer disappeared!

Hi! Hope you can help me on this....

I had a service on my 2009 3.0d XF S the other day - not with the main dealer but with a chap who has looked after all my cars. The car has only done 6000 miles since its last service a year ago so I thought new oil and filters by an independent wouldn't cause too much bother. He has plugged his computer into the car to reset the service message and somehow deleted the mileage, range and trip info from the screen behind the wheel.

I have read posts on here about how to reset the service indicator and have done this in an attempt to somehow reset the system and bring back the missing info but it hasn't worked.

The trip info is still accessible from the centre console and I can see the trip selector button on the indicator stalk is still working (you need to press and hold during the manual service reset procedure) but have no idea how to get back the overall mileage/range of the car on the display....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Cheers
Peter

joey4420 07-21-2014 02:02 PM

Unless it somehow has been completely deleted, it should just be a matter of pressing the button on the turn signal stalk end until the mileage displays.

petercat 07-21-2014 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by joey4420 (Post 1020126)
Unless it somehow has been completely deleted, it should just be a matter of pressing the button on the turn signal stalk end until the mileage displays.

Hi Joey

That's the thing.....it has totally disappeared. Normally by pressing the button on the end of stalk you could scroll through mileage, range, trip a, trip b etc. but now there is nothing to scroll through....

jaguny 07-21-2014 05:59 PM

Try checking your on screen menu choices in vehicle settings

Raghu M 01-12-2019 03:20 PM

Total mileage disappeared

Originally Posted by petercat (Post 1020056)
Hi! Hope you can help me on this....

I had a service on my 2009 3.0d XF S the other day - not with the main dealer but with a chap who has looked after all my cars. The car has only done 6000 miles since its last service a year ago so I thought new oil and filters by an independent wouldn't cause too much bother. He has plugged his computer into the car to reset the service message and somehow deleted the mileage, range and trip info from the screen behind the wheel.

I have read posts on here about how to reset the service indicator and have done this in an attempt to somehow reset the system and bring back the missing info but it hasn't worked.

The trip info is still accessible from the centre console and I can see the trip selector button on the indicator stalk is still working (you need to press and hold during the manual service reset procedure) but have no idea how to get back the overall mileage/range of the car on the display....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Cheers
Peter

Hi Peter
Did you find the solution? I have the same problem in my Jaguar which I bought recently in auction.

Raghu

davetibbs 01-12-2019 08:49 PM

Intrigued by this, I did a bit of digging. Seems like disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes is a solution that has worked for others.