Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XF and XFR ( X250 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/)
-   -   Photo Gallery - Where are the XFs? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/photo-gallery-where-xfs-40991/)

MikeFL52 08-21-2010 09:53 AM

Photo Gallery - Where are the XFs?

I am amazed at how few people post pictures of their XFs. In the first 50 pages I probably found 4 galleries with XFs. I would love to see pictures of people's cars, both interior and exterior color choices.

Come on, be proud of you XFs :icon_wink:

Translator 08-21-2010 11:22 AM

I second that, come on guys please share some pics of your great cars.

MikeFL52 08-29-2010 11:18 AM

Here is a link to a UK XFForum where people seem to be proud to post pictures of their XFs:

http://www.xfforum.co.uk/forum/viewt...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I don't understand why members of this forum are so reticent.

mdrolle 08-31-2010 04:29 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's a few...
It would be nice to have some mods to show off but alas...not many mods out for the XF

Jaggyx 08-31-2010 05:59 PM

yeah if I had an xf or xf-r id probably be posting pics all day lol c'mon people!

MikeFL52 09-01-2010 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by mdrolle (Post 240016)
Here's a few...
It would be nice to have some mods to show off but alas...not many mods out for the XF

Beautiful car. Thank you for sharing.

whitbyxf 09-07-2010 05:12 PM

XF Pictures

I would be happy to post a picture but I was removed as a member (and had to re-register) since I had not posted or come to the site for a while, and now I am a newby so cannot post a picture for a few days.

The XF is one of the best looking cars on the road and I get many compliments. I have owned BMW and Mercedes and the XF certainly attracts the most attention.

BTW I have a silver XF Premium with warm charcoal leather interior. It is a real beauty and, believe you me, I am proud of the car. A fine tribute to a car manufacturer with a substantial and proud heritage.

JimC64 09-07-2010 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 176781

Whitbyxf, glad to have you back with us, you've been manually upgraded to full forum access so post away:)

XF pics here:icon_wink:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=41388

mdrolle 09-08-2010 09:39 AM

They have some great pictures over in the UK forum! I can't believe there aren't more here.

MikeFL52 09-08-2010 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by whitbyxf (Post 242122)
I would be happy to post a picture but I was removed as a member (and had to re-register) since I had not posted or come to the site for a while, and now I am a newby so cannot post a picture for a few days.

The XF is one of the best looking cars on the road and I get many compliments. I have owned BMW and Mercedes and the XF certainly attracts the most attention.

BTW I have a silver XF Premium with warm charcoal leather interior. It is a real beauty and, believe you me, I am proud of the car. A fine tribute to a car manufacturer with a substantial and proud heritage.

Beautiful car.

I see that you live in Texas, but based upon your "name" are you from Whitby (N Yorkshire). If so wouldn't you love to have had an XF when you lived there and be able to blast down the Esk valley roads and across the moors with something that would handle?

whitbyxf 09-09-2010 11:38 AM

Good guess. My father was born in Whitby and my mother currently lives there. I am an expat and have lived in the US for 17 years but was born in Sheffield.

Yes I would like to drive those roads in the XF. The Pickering to Whitby road would have been great fun. Last car I drove there was a BMW 528 which was not bad, but my Jag has so much more power and would not be stymied by some of those hills the way the BMW was.

By way of compensation some of the roads around the Lake Travis (near where I live) can be fun, if you do not come across a lumbering SUV as it waddles around the narrower and twisty roads. I love to drive and the Jaguar is a great companion both for the daily commute (I commute a total of 60 miles a day) and the fun drives.

MyBlackCat 09-09-2010 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by whitbyxf (Post 242870)
Good guess. My father was born in Whitby and my mother currently lives there. I am an expat and have lived in the US for 17 years but was born in Sheffield.

Yes I would like to drive those roads in the XF. The Pickering to Whitby road would have been great fun. Last car I drove there was a BMW 528 which was not bad, but my Jag has so much more power and would not be stymied by some of those hills the way the BMW was.

By way of compensation some of the roads around the Lake Travis (near where I live) can be fun, if you do not come across a lumbering SUV as it waddles around the narrower and twisty roads. I love to drive and the Jaguar is a great companion both for the daily commute (I commute a total of 60 miles a day) and the fun drives.

Hey Whitby, nice XF.

I too am an expat from Whitby...Ontario which is about 10 miles east of Pickering Ontario and now in DFW for 10 years. I guess by the names of the towns in Ontario you can see the British heritage in Canada.
Enjoy the forum and your Jag.:icon_razz:

whitbyxf 09-11-2010 10:05 AM

Thanks for the complement on the car.

I knew there was Whitby in Ontario (I used to get scale models of my cars from a guy who operated from there) but I did not know there was a Pickering as well!! Amazing. I guess it must have been Brits who populated that area originally and were from East Yorkshire....

Since you are on this forum, I presume you own or lease a Jag, which one (s) do you have?

I am about to post some interior shots of my car. It always useful to see the various interior colours/colors and how they look and change the interior ambience.

BTW I was intrigued to see that Jaguar is the second most desired nameplate in the US (1st was Porsche, 2nd Jaguar, 3rd BMW, 4th MB, 5th Land Rover, 6th Audi and 7th Lexus). This was from the JD Power APPEAL survey. Pity it does not reflect is sales, but there is time and Jags are getting their old appeal back.

MyBlackCat 09-12-2010 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by whitbyxf (Post 243558)
Thanks for the complement on the car.

I knew there was Whitby in Ontario (I used to get scale models of my cars from a guy who operated from there) but I did not know there was a Pickering as well!! Amazing. I guess it must have been Brits who populated that area originally and were from East Yorkshire....

Since you are on this forum, I presume you own or lease a Jag, which one (s) do you have?

I am about to post some interior shots of my car. It always useful to see the various interior colours/colors and how they look and change the interior ambience.

BTW I was intrigued to see that Jaguar is the second most desired nameplate in the US (1st was Porsche, 2nd Jaguar, 3rd BMW, 4th MB, 5th Land Rover, 6th Audi and 7th Lexus). This was from the JD Power APPEAL survey. Pity it does not reflect is sales, but there is time and Jags are getting their old appeal back.

I own an 06 Black on champagne STR.
Many towns in Ontario have British names. Windsor, Waterloo. London, Scarborough, East York, North York, Brighton,Cambridge,Just to name a few that come to mind.
Great to hear about the Jag nameplate, I also hope it reflects with sales.
We are on our 2nd Jag and are hooked for life now.:icon_wink:

whitbyxf 09-13-2010 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by MyBlackCat (Post 244047)
I own an 06 Black on champagne STR.
Many towns in Ontario have British names. Windsor, Waterloo. London, Scarborough, East York, North York, Brighton,Cambridge,Just to name a few that come to mind.
Great to hear about the Jag nameplate, I also hope it reflects with sales.
We are on our 2nd Jag and are hooked for life now.:icon_wink:

I have been a BMW man for about 20 years, so the XF was a major change for me. (We still have one BMW in the garage, a Z4 Coupe, which is quite rare here in the US). There are some differences in feel, but I love the Jag. Jags had a reputation in the UK, somewhat deservedly, of being fast, comfortable but unreliable and badly assembled. That seems to have changed in the last few years and seeing the way that BMWs are going (expensive and loosing their sporting edge, especially in the new 5 series) I decided to make the change. I am not regretting this one little bit. I look forward to many years of Jag ownership.

mitch.thompson 03-01-2011 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by whitbyxf (Post 242870)

Hey, Whitby. I'm about 90 miles south of you in San Antonio (well, Helotes, just outside of S.A.). I'm sure you've probably already done so, but in case you haven't, let me recommend taking your Cat out into the Hill Country around Fredericksburg, to your west. I haven't yet been out with my XF, but I took my XJ8 around some awesome curves and through some valleys, and it was quite a thrill!

JaguarJeff 03-01-2011 01:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
OK, here's my baby... '09, 4.2, Azure Blue. Can't remember the name of the interior color.

I've since tinted and clear-bra'd... Fifth car now I've put the clear bra on, and will never have another new car again without.

I call her "Kitty" ... she's got about 24,000 miles now, and is still in pristine condition.

chairman25 03-01-2011 03:07 PM

While this may seem petty, I'd be glad to post pics but having to extablish an account on another web site seems duplicative. My guess is that the owners of this web site do not want pics on their servers to conserve space and risk viruses.

So off to the web to set up my account.

Le Chef 03-01-2011 03:25 PM

My Beater

1 Attachment(s)
On a vacation trip - taken on the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway

Translator 03-02-2011 03:06 AM

Some nice shots there guys, keep them coming. :)

@chairman not petty at all, but you can post pics directly from your PC just keep the size within the limits set on the servers. See threads in Help/Suggestion Section)