Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XF and XFR ( X250 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/)
-   -   Spy Shots: 2016 Jaguar XF Testing in Southern Europe (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/spy-shots-2016-jaguar-xf-testing-southern-europe-127003/)

Jaguar Forums Editor 09-22-2014 05:53 PM

Spy Shots: 2016 Jaguar XF Testing in Southern Europe

13 Attachment(s)
The second generation Jaguar XF has been spotted during hot weather testing in Southern Europe. Unlike the first photos from last year, this prototype is wearing the production body (even though it's still hidden under loads of camo). This new XF is based on the stretched platform (iQ[Al]) known from the new Jaguar XE and will be available as both sedan and wagon. Engine options will likely almost the same as on the current model meaning everything from 4 four-cylinder turbo engines up to a supercharged 5.0 liter V8. And of course we will also find diesel engines under the hood as well as an plug-in hybrid later on.

What do you think of the upcoming XF?

Jayt2 09-22-2014 08:05 PM

If they really want to test cars in hot weather, I suggest Death Valley and the Mojave Desert in the summer months.
A week ago in SoCal, we had 108-115* temps, good for hot weather tests..:icon_really:

BruceTheQuail 09-23-2014 01:16 AM

Whattayareckon? Looks to me that it has lost the XK style swoop at the rear of the cabin in favour of a more traditional sedan style (maybe allow for the back seats to be pushed back, more legroom, better headroom). That's make it more of a proposition for teenagers in the back than the current car though it might lose the nicest part of its overall shape, IMO.

ddanielcigars 09-23-2014 11:43 AM

The C pillar looks similar to the current XJ's design, which will further separate it from the XE, once it arrives. And with the XJ due for an update soon, Jag will have 3 distinct offerings that carry the same design language.
Go Jag!!

Bellanca_XF 09-24-2014 02:31 PM

It'll be interesting to see what they do with it, at this rate it should launch around the same time as the XE, at least here in the US. As for the XJ, the next generation is said to be a radical design with the only styling element to carry over being the grille.

BruceTheQuail 09-25-2014 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bellanca_XF (Post 1065346)
It'll be interesting to see what they do with it, at this rate it should launch around the same time as the XE, at least here in the US. As for the XJ, the next generation is said to be a radical design with the only styling element to carry over being the grille.

That would make sense, because it seems to me (and many might disagree) that the shape of the XF is morphing a bit into the shape of the XJ

jaguny 09-25-2014 06:14 PM

It does seem to have some XJ cues, but to difficult to tell. I just hope it stays beautiful in proportion and line. The back quarter of the XE doesn't have the style all other Jags in the current lineup have accomplished. No other competitors have achieved a successful design of this area across all models like Jag has.

bollocsk187 09-26-2014 12:05 AM

Grille looks smaller and a sharper drop nose like the XJ

rasputin 09-26-2014 04:31 PM

I don't care for the paint job, looks to busy to me.

jagular 09-28-2014 05:06 PM

I'm pretty sure it looks like an XJ because it IS an XJ.

The bodyshell looks like a cobbled up XJ mule so if it is the new XF (and who says it is?) then Jaguar is using an XJ bodyshell for testing, of what one might ask!