XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Velocity AP Tune + pulley

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam J
I'd be very interested in your before / after dyno results. I've not done that, but have always wanted to. I'll certainly post 1/4 mile times when i get back to the track.
so last night i got the tuner out and flashed it back to stock. Re: no throttle to initial throttle application, stock is much smoother as far as driveability. Decent part throttle torque, but anything into medium throttle or more is "softer" than the tune for sure. Drove a 30 min round trip. Parked it, reloaded the VAP tune and took back out after an hour or so. Definitely a rate of acceleration improvement over stock at all pedal positions. The transition from coasting to throttle application, even part throttle is much more abrupt. i think the best highlight of the tune isn't the extra peak HP, but the midrange increases, although the peak is good too.
Thanks for sharing your results! Nice to know it makes a substantial difference for you too!

Old 07-09-2018, 09:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the Velocity tune on my F-Pace. Great folks to work with. Always responsive with questions.

Old 10-15-2018, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by keithbradley
15% is pretty substantial. If you remove 15% from our stock rating of 470hp, it brings you under 400hp, and pretty close to the hp rating of the non-supercharged car.
I think (hope) maybe you don't notice the difference as much because you don't drive it that often. We'll see though. I have a tuner and pulley from VAP on the way for my car. I might put it on the dyno tomorrow for a baseline if I get time.
Keithbradley,

Did you ever get the VAP tune installed? If so, what are your impressions and did you dyno it?

Thanks,

Old 10-15-2018, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Baxxtor
Keithbradley,

Did you ever get the VAP tune installed? If so, what are your impressions and did you dyno it?

Thanks,
Tune is installed. I actually just did the pulley swap and replaced my worn coupler; I plan on reinstalling the supercharger tomorrow.
As far as tune alone, there is a noticeable difference. I don't think it's a change like 470-550hp, but there is a difference.
Unfortunately (I know some readers will be disappointed) I did not dyno the car before doing the tune. I work at a shop where I have access to a chassis dyno, but after planning to use it two separate times and not being able to (had a couple customer dynos come up just before I was ready to do mine), I decided to just put the tune on it and enjoy it. I can still dyno it, but without a baseline it's pretty irrelevant.

Last edited by keithbradley; 10-15-2018 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by keithbradley
Tune is installed. I actually just did the pulley swap and replaced my worn coupler; I plan on reinstalling the supercharger tomorrow.
As far as tune alone, there is a noticeable difference. I don't think it's a change like 470-550hp, but there is a difference.
Unfortunately (I know some readers will be disappointed) I did not dyno the car before doing the tune. I work at a shop where I have access to a chassis dyno, but after planning to use it two separate times and not being able to (had a couple customer dynos come up just before I was ready to do mine), I decided to just put the tune on it and enjoy it. I can still dyno it, but without a baseline it's pretty irrelevant.
Thanks for the feedback. Maybe once you pair the tune with the pulley you will notice a substantial difference. Perhaps they work best together. Would love to know the final result.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:24 PM

Supercharger reinstall seems to have gone smoothly. In the process of changing the pulley, I also changed out the coupler, drained/replaced the supercharger oil, (somewhat) cleaned the intake ports/valves, and replaced a couple questionable vacuum lines along the way. It wasn't as easy as some other SC vehicles may be, but it wasn't rocket surgery either. The coupler I used is available here: https://zzperformance.com/collection...harger-coupler . You can also get supercharger oil and other supplies there, but be sure to take your time and file or run an appropriate drill bit through the holes of the coupler. It's a tight fit (you certainly don't want it loose) and should be made to slide on easily. If it takes too much pressure to slide it on (or if you push back on the shaft during the pulley install), you can push the rotor pack back until it rubs against the housing. If you're doing this install and you notice the SC is harder to turn after you've done your work, that's likely what's happening (not the end of the world, but should be addressed).

As far as performance...it makes a bit of a difference. IMO it's not the night/day difference that some describe, but more of a small difference that adds up with other easy mods like the tune. I think a lower pulley and catless (or 200 cell catted if it's too loud w/o them) downpipes will be in my future.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:31 PM

Oh...and a new air intake. I noticed when removing mine that the throttle body end of the stock air intake is cracking. I fixed (taped) it for now, but it needs to be fixed and seems like a good excuse to make something cool. I'm not sure how long it was like that, or if it was leaking, but it would of course have an effect on the tune if it was.