XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Where to buy CPO or extended warranty for my 2012 XF

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 07:49 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Where to buy CPO or extended warranty for my 2012 XF

I had leased a 2012 XF. The lease is ending in August and I am planning to buy it out.
It has 25000 miles and is still under factory warranty.

Already, I have replaced all four brakes and brake pads. New tires. It runs perfectly.

How reliable have the 2010 model jaguars been, so far? Any troubles?
Should I even worry about buying any warranty?
I would never buy non Jaguar factory warranty.

Should I buy it through the dealer as CPO? If so, what should I expect the CPO to add?

Or is there a jaguar dealer who will sell me a 6 year jaguar extended factirt warranty at a discount?

Thanks

Old 07-31-2015, 09:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Hi - glad you like the XF enough to buy it out. In general these cars are pretty reliable - but if they need work it can get expensive quickly. If you search the forum there was a thread a while back with views on whether to buy warranty extension. Basically if you want peace of mind and protection against costs then it's with it. If you are happy to take a bit more risk but save the warranty cost then hold off - but find a good Indy shop to save costs

There have also been several threads on warranty options. Several of us prefer the jag CPO style extended warranty - 6 year 100k (from initial in service date). But note that it is not the same as the original warranty - there are a few exclusions to what is covered.

If it was me, I would take the warranty for the peace of mind it offers. And it only takes a few issues to run up to that sort of cost

Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
jaguarxjl (08-01-2015)
Old 08-01-2015, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by BritCars
If it was me, I would take the warranty for the peace of mind it offers. And it only takes a few issues to run up to that sort of cost

Good luck!
Thanks.. I actually did end up buying the warranty - $3500 for 100k miles, 6 years from now! That is better that CPO warranty, which would have ended in 3 years from now (not sure what would have been the cost of going cpo route - maybe $2000 or so).
You have a 2010 XF?
What type of repairs did you have to get done on it?

Old 08-02-2015, 04:17 PM
Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Smart move on the purchase. I had the electronic diff replaced under extended warranty already ($5500+ in parts alone I was told) as well as a $400 MAF sensor. It's more than paid for itself

Old 08-02-2015, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguarxjl
Thanks.. I actually did end up buying the warranty - $3500 for 100k miles, 6 years from now! That is better that CPO warranty, which would have ended in 3 years from now (not sure what would have been the cost of going cpo route - maybe $2000 or so).
You have a 2010 XF?
not a bad price at all nice find!

Old 08-03-2015, 01:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What type of warranty did you purchase? Something from an independent warranty company? The risk there is that the company goes out of business and you are left with nothing but a piece of paper. I know because it happened to me.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Is your warranty 6 years from the original in service date of your vehicle?

Old 08-03-2015, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

What company did you buy your warranty from? I have another 14 months on my OEM warranty.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguarxjl
You have a 2010 XF?
Yes - I have a 2010 XF Supercharged. I bought it with the CPO warranty. I've actually had very little done to it - but warranty has been wonderful for the peace of mind! And I have another year to go... I had the water pump replaced, and the power steering pump failed too. And a rattle in the sunroof mount. Aside from that, it has been perfect - so far!
Good luck with the new car!

Old 08-04-2015, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by jaguny
Is your warranty 6 years from the original in service date of your vehicle?
Warranty is 6 years/100k miles from date of PURCHASE of WARRANTY not the purchase of the car.. My car is 3 years old.. With this extended warranty, which I bought last week, I would have warranty until 9th year of the car!
It is from Jaguar dealer - a factory jaguar extended warranty

Old 08-04-2015, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by hlgeorge
What company did you buy your warranty from? I have another 14 months on my OEM warranty.
I bought it from Fields jaguar in Waukesha Wisconsin. I can probably get you the same price - $3500 for 6 year 100k miles, from date of purchase of warranty. My car also had 12 months warranty left. I talked to them.. they said that the price would not go down, if I wait one year.. it might even go up - based on mileage.. But I did not get the numbers, if i were to wait one year.. Therefore, I am not so sure.. In hind sight, I should probably have asked for the cost of warranty of a 2011, for which warranty was just ending.. Mine is a 2012.. It would be interesting to know the number for 2011, before we buy the warranty for 2012..

Old 08-04-2015, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by BritCars
Yes - I have a 2010 XF Supercharged. I bought it with the CPO warranty. I've actually had very little done to it - but warranty has been wonderful for the peace of mind! And I have another year to go... I had the water pump replaced, and the power steering pump failed too. And a rattle in the sunroof mount. Aside from that, it has been perfect - so far!
Good luck with the new car!
The water pump, the power steering pump.. would have otherwise costed probably $1500 to $2500? I think it is risky to drive luxury cars without warranty - irrespective of brand.. I would guess that almost all cars would need probably AT LEAST $2500 worth of repairs, that would otherwise have been covered by warranty, during a 6 year 100k mile time period.. I would not be shocked if it is a lot more..
For example, even for the very reliable brand, such as an Lexus LS 460/600h - has had issues which needed warranty.. I think CPO is often better than new car warranty.

Last edited by jaguarxjl; 08-04-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by rlembach
What type of warranty did you purchase? Something from an independent warranty company? The risk there is that the company goes out of business and you are left with nothing but a piece of paper. I know because it happened to me.
I bought a Jaguar extended warranty. They listed the administrator as United Service protection corp but had Jaguar Logo. I just sent an email to the dealer to reconfirm..
I would NEVER ever buy warranty from independant company.

Last edited by jaguarxjl; 08-04-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:13 PM

Here is a brochure I found online..

I am a bit skeptical with the united protection name.. but I guess that is what Jaguar Factory extended warranty is?

Old 08-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

From what I know from purchasing this warranty myself, it is a Jaguar branded/endorsed product. From what I hear at the dealership, United isn't the easiest company to work with from their perspective, but if there is a documentable issue, they will pay.

For example, my supercharger coolant pump died and without being able to produce the code in the diagnostic computer, United wouldn't authorize the work. After messing up twice with Torque and clearing the code, I took it in and was fixed no problem.

From what I understand they are a large company and we'll funded so I'm not too concerned.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:30 AM

The jaguar dealer confirmed to me via email that what I bought was the actual jaguar warranty and that it is only administered by United. In fact, she said that the original factory warranty is also by Assurant (probably same company as united?).

Old 08-05-2015, 08:44 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

After having had CPOs and other extended plans on my Jaguars I'd recommend talking about it with your dealer. Ask then which plans they have dealt with and which ones presented the fewest complications.

You really want a plan that is recognized by your dealer and one that your dealer has had success with being repaid by.

Trust me, when you pick up your car after having had work done you want to pay the difference between the cost of the job and what the plan paid the dealer. You don't want to have to pay the dealer and then wait to be reimbursed by the plan.

Unless your dealer is willing to submit bills to the plan provided and get payment (like a factory warranty) I'd look for other options.
================================================
Jaguar - it's not an automobile, it's a Motorcar
'08 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 "Satin Edition" (250.06 hp / 259.67 torque)

Old 06-29-2016, 10:25 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What warranty did you end up going with?

Old 07-02-2016, 08:00 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

are you sure the warranty you bought is 6 years from date of purchase?
I bought the Jaguar extended warranty and it's 6 years additional. So my 2011 is covered thru 2022. i could not believe it as I thought it was 6 years total... But there's an expiration date on my warranty.
you may want to check as 6 yrs from DOP is only a year or two more than the factory warranty ('11s had 5 year warranty).
I paid $3400 too so it sounds like the same warranty

Old 07-02-2016, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by UltBlkXF
I bought the Jaguar extended warranty and it's 6 years additional.
You are correct and as I wrote, the warranty I bought is 6 years from the date of purchase of the WARRANTY - not the date of purchase of the car. I should have used the words, as you did - 6 years additional!

Quick Reply: Where to buy CPO or extended warranty for my 2012 XF