Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XF and XFR ( X250 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/)
-   -   "Will my smartphone connect with the Bluetooth in my Jaguar? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/will-my-smartphone-connect-bluetooth-my-jaguar-152362/)

sklimii 10-29-2015 05:09 AM

"Will my smartphone connect with the Bluetooth in my Jaguar?

Originally Posted by sklimii (Post 1337637)
Thanks to Stuart S for great info below:

"Will my smartphone connect with the Bluetooth in my Jaguar?"[/I]

Here is THE DEFINITIVE SOURCE: Vehicles - Jaguar Click the link and you can search (1) by model and year or (2) you can enter your VIN.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5829/2...dd8f6a8f84.jpg
If this was helpful, please press https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/i...ost_thanks.gif at the bottom right.

Stuart

[/QUOTE]

Jag-CDN 12-19-2015 10:33 AM

Hello,

I works for my smartphone on my 2009 KF.

Cheers,

Jean

MarkN 10-28-2016 07:53 AM

I've been connecting iPhones to my XF and XFR for years.

Sia 10-15-2017 09:23 AM

I also connect my iphone but not all features work; like speaking to Siri is a bit of a problem.

etypeDaydreamer 01-04-2018 07:49 PM

My android phones connect on my XF just fine. I can take and make phone calls, but I can't listen to music off of my device.

Nuno Melo 01-07-2018 07:39 AM

I have a 2016 XF, it connects just fine with my iPhoneX. The thing is that my car doesn't have In Control Apps, So it doesn't integrate very well with Spotify.

does anyone know if I can upgrade the software so I can activate In Control Apps?

cheers,

Chandoo 03-13-2018 08:22 PM

I have jaguar XF 2011, you can pair smart phone with jaguar for making and receiving calls only, It doesn't have profiles to play music. I am looking to upgrade the unit, I am doing some research to see if it is possible to install Android tablet or head unit in my car. so far my understanding is we cannot do any upgrades with the touch screen head unit, because all the features are integrated into the touch head unit. I don't know if it is possible to integrate them into android head unit. I would love to hear from other members on the ideas on how to do this. or at least install separate android tablet on the dash board.

rjesq 03-13-2018 10:49 PM

I have an 09 XF s/c and it works pretty well. Bugger you can listen to my music.. In the arm rest compartment you can hook up an ipod. Only thing is you still can't control from the audio monitor..

glenroebuck 03-15-2018 10:55 AM

I have a 2015 XF - I can connect up and play music through google play music as well as make calls - forward and reverse on music tracks via bluetooth, - no app integration (android auto for example) but I don't really care about that.

jfire 04-18-2018 04:06 AM

I'm about to pick the car up with just an aux input but the minor inconvenience of not having my phone automatically connect to the car (except for calls) is really putting me off. Although I'm not too upset, as even the new models don't even link to your phone screen while I could drive some French rubbish and have a load of gadgets.

I've seen adaptors that connect to the CD changer (I no longer own CDs) which enable control via the steering wheel buttons but none stated as XF compatible.

What about actually upgrading to the desired OEM hardware? Is it just the Bluetooth module or more?

3.5mm adaptors are probably my last option although I suppose I could have one which is permanently on while the car has power, which would be tucked away in the glove box, and simultaneously keep my phone connected to the car's Bluetooth for calls, as luckily Samsung can accommodate dual devices.

The other thing I'd really like is to use Google voice via the car's mic but I'm guessing whatever the connection, the mic would only be active during calls

Dare 04-22-2018 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by jfire (Post 1879169)
3.5mm adaptors are probably my last option although I suppose I could have one which is permanently on while the car has power, which would be tucked away in the glove box, and simultaneously keep my phone connected to the car's Bluetooth for calls, as luckily Samsung can accommodate dual devices.

My advice: grab a 12 volt bluetooth audio adapter, one like the JL-Audio MBT-RX, or any other similar good quality item. I just happened to install that one on my 09 XF, and it works great. If you go for something else make sure to get one with autoconnect so you can hide it. I hid mine underneath the centre console rear vent panel, It’s easy to take off and you can access the 12 volt socket and aux cables right next to it so wiring is easy. The range is great and It’ll grab my devices even when I’m meters away from the car.

If you want to go even further buy a bluetooth control kit for your device and install it permanetely in the cabin someplace accessible. This is my current setup and its user friendliness is comparable to that of modern integrated systems.

EDIT: One more thing, insert a ground loop isolator between the receiver and the aux cables to avoid the wonderful whine that’d otherwise be audible.

jfire 04-23-2018 03:04 AM

Good shout. This is just a 3.5mm with 12v at the other and a set of buttons in the middle so presumably would switch on and connect when the car is running. Shame about having another set of buttons but at £8.50 that's a fraction of any other solution.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5mm-Wir...19.m1438.l2649

bfarrell 11-20-2018 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Chandoo (Post 1858222)
I have jaguar XF 2011, you can pair smart phone with jaguar for making and receiving calls only, It doesn't have profiles to play music. I am looking to upgrade the unit, I am doing some research to see if it is possible to install Android tablet or head unit in my car. so far my understanding is we cannot do any upgrades with the touch screen head unit, because all the features are integrated into the touch head unit. I don't know if it is possible to integrate them into android head unit. I would love to hear from other members on the ideas on how to do this. or at least install separate android tablet on the dash board.

the high end fidelity of either B&W or Meridian does not work well with the lame a/d converters in smartphones..,that is why you can use hard drives or flash drives for music...even CD plush 44.1htz is far better than smartphones.....don’t even get started on crappy mp3....lol

eryncampbell 03-18-2019 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by jfire (Post 1879169)
I'm about to pick the car up with just an aux input but the minor inconvenience of not having my phone automatically connect to the car (except for calls) is really putting me off. Although I'm not too upset, as even the new models don't even link to your phone screen while I could drive some French rubbish and have a load of gadgets.

I've seen adaptors that connect to the CD changer (I no longer own CDs) which enable control via the steering wheel buttons but none stated as XF compatible.

What about actually upgrading to the desired OEM hardware? Is it just the Bluetooth module or more?

The other thing I'd really like is to use Google voice via the car's mic but I'm guessing whatever the connection, the mic would only be active during calls

I integrated something like this into my 2004 Acura TL. I pulled the inside driver floor panels out to reach around and it was straight plug in to the XM radio, flip a couple of dip switches, drilled a hole into the dash console to pull the wires in and boom! Full display, charging, great sound. I eventually had to go in again to replace the supplied AUX and PIN chords so if you find something, I recommend upgrading the wires to start. I hope you find a similar solution, Good luck!

The part I used in my TL was PA-HON2 from ASPEC: https://www.usaspec.com/p-324-pa15-hon2.aspx

bfarrell 03-19-2019 05:55 PM

phones and music

Originally Posted by Chandoo (Post 1858222)

iphones and android units are mp3 (which are crap) and the ad converters are also ver poor...with either the meridian and or Bowers and Wilkins sound systems you need a great source of audio ie) CD at 44.1 khz or a separate hard drive with up to 48khz 16bit audio...the difference is astounding and just what these great sound systems need....my2c
barry

snhnic 07-15-2021 11:13 AM

Iphone xr

My iphone did connect, but right away the connection was lost and could not reconnect. I foubd out it was not the module but the phonebook. If I don’t allow acces to the phonebook the connection is fine.

wannajag 11-02-2022 06:09 PM

2010 XFR connection was fine, now fails.

My car and phones have always worked fine. Perhaps it's a coincidence but I had my car in for service and have since been unable to pair my phone.

I'm not technologically challenged and have always been able to resolve any trouble connecting in the past.

However my phone(Android 11) has also since had trouble pairing with other items. Due to the coincidence of failure following a service appt I'm curious if any other users have had new problems with BT.