XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

New XFR owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default New XFR owner

Hi, just dropping by this forum to say hello! I picked up a 2011 XFR this week, black on red, and am looking forward to a long and happy relationship getting to know it. I tested it and bought it, massively impressed by the performance, before I even found dynamic mode and the changes that brings! Yikes!

I am an exiled Brit in Houston, TX so despite having been looking for the right 911 for some time, I decided that this area is better suited to cars like the XFR than nimble sports cars. There is no chance I could ever run a car like the XFR in the UK so best grab the chance while I can! Amazing car, really enjoying it so far, already learned a few things from the forum. This is my first Jag, first British car, and the fastest car I have owned too. I confess that I haven't really found the moment to open it up yet - not sure I ever will find the limits!

Cheers,
Dave

Old 07-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congradulations, sir! My dream car for sure (different color combo though)! Enjoy driving it and looking at it, as I'm sure you do already

Old 07-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on the new car... like you, I just purchased a Jag for the first time (my wife has been a loyal Jag owner for years) and got a Certified 2009 XF Supercharged. I've been out in it twice other than the test drive (which sold the car) and attempted to open it up a few times only to lose my nerve passing 100mph... This car is also the fastest car I've owned so I can only imagine another 90hp!

As a new member to the Jag family I welcome you also... This forum is a great place for info and also a good place to share acquired knowledge and wisdom with others. I used to come here very infrequent but now that I own one (other than my wife owning one) I find myself checking in daily... as I used to do with LS1 Tech (now removed from my favorites... lol).

Old 07-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Welcome and excellent choice btw! I like your color combination, one I had looked for but couldn't locate. Pics would be nice!

Old 07-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Welcome and congratulations! My first Jag, too, after >15 yrs. of BMW ownership (M3s progressing to my last one, a 2001 M5). In Texas, there are some wide open roads once you get outside the cities, to explore the Jag's full potential. Just be careful!

Old 07-29-2011, 01:37 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. Some pics in my garage link. The red looks brighter in pictures than it does in reality. The colour combo wouldn't have been my first choice - I don't like owning black cars and the red looked a bit too much in pictures I had seen. But it does suit black and I adore the red contrast stitching in the cabin. If you want an XFR there isn't a lot of choice out there. Three for sale in Houston, all black and two with red interior. The other black one at my dealer had a lowered pulley, chip, suspension mods and an aftermarket exhaust. Bye-bye warranty - although the exhaust would be nice.

It isn't very clean in the picture but it needs to go back to the dealer for a number of issues - I took it home the same day they got it so it has a small paint chip to sort, small wheel scuff, new sunroof switch, steering needs to be centred and new brake pads. They have promised a full detail and a tank of gas into the bargain. I have the Platinum warranty anyway so the onlything to worry about is fuel and tyres - not insignificant costs with this thing!

Is anyone running Michelin Pilot Super Sports on an XFR? They seem significantly cheaper than the OE Dunlops - might be enough to warrant a change when the time comes.

Only things I don't like so far - the shift paddles are too close to the rim, causing unwanted and unexpected downchanges twice already! Also would prefer the seat ventilation to be more effective and with a seat switch that could be permanently on!

Old 07-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

" If you want an XFR there isn't a lot of choice out there."
Got mine...2010 XFR ultimate black, charcoal interior

"Is anyone running Michelin Pilot Super Sports on an XFR? They seem significantly cheaper than the OE Dunlops - might be enough to warrant a change when the time comes."
Yup, just put a set of MPSS on this week, let you know how it goes once I've driven awhile

"Only things I don't like so far - the shift paddles are too close to the rim, causing unwanted and unexpected downchanges twice already!"
Understand the dealer will disable paddles in normal drive mode so that they only work in sport but there might be a post to further explain this

Old 08-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Has your dealer told you about the Jaguar Performance Academy?

https://www.jaguarperformanceacademy.com/Home.aspx

It's supposed to be free to attend for any Jaguar XKR or XFR owners. You have to get yourself to either Miami or Vegas but I think this little bonus might just bring me over to become a part of the Jaguar family.

I'm torn between the XFR and the XKR...but more on that in my introductory post.

Sandy

Old 08-09-2011, 07:27 AM

My dealer didn't tell me about the JPA but I found out about it anyway. Very tempting, just need to find a way to fit it in!

Old 08-14-2011, 08:55 AM
CP1
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

i just got an XFR last week from Jaguar North Houston. Where in Houston are you? I am in Spring.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:34 AM

Out west - Energy Corridor/Katy.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by darlo
My dealer didn't tell me about the JPA but I found out about it anyway. Very tempting, just need to find a way to fit it in!
Do it! I almost passed on it, but it was way better than I expected. It's a tremendous perk and a total blast.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:42 AM
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sandydlc
Has your dealer told you about the Jaguar Performance Academy?

https://www.jaguarperformanceacademy.com/Home.aspx

It's supposed to be free to attend for any Jaguar XKR or XFR owners. You have to get yourself to either Miami or Vegas but I think this little bonus might just bring me over to become a part of the Jaguar family.

I'm torn between the XFR and the XKR...but more on that in my introductory post.

Sandy
I'm signed up for the 30th of September. I'm in Naples, FL, so the trip is easy for me. I did the SRT track experience when I owned my Dodge Viper, and it was tons of fun. This should be similar I would think.

Hope to see some of you guys around there!

Bob

Old 08-16-2011, 11:22 AM

Yeah, I definitely want to do it, but since it is a ~3 hr flight for me to either location then I need to plan ahead and fit it in with a lot of work travel. You get a year to book it, right? Hmmm, Vegas, Miami, Vegas, Miami....choices....

Old 08-17-2011, 10:35 AM
CP1
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Do you have to follow up on this yourself or do they contact you about registration?

Old 08-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by CP1
Do you have to follow up on this yourself or do they contact you about registration?
A lttle of both. You need to sign up yourself (there is a website), but to do so, you need a PIN or code relative to your new XFR purchase. I received mine with a brochure about the Academy shortly after buying the car. If you don't get one, bug your dealer about it.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Frogdogfan
Do it! I almost passed on it, but it was way better than I expected. It's a tremendous perk and a total blast.
Ahh - I can't wait!! Since I won't be getting my car until November/December (depending on when I place my order), I'll probably have to wait until spring to do the academy. I'm trying to convince my dealer to send both my husband and me even though I'll be the primary driver on the car.

Timing on my order is going to be dicey since my current lease runs through mid-December and they're telling me the Jag will take 3-4 months to be delivered. I think I'll pull the trigger next week.

One question - is it advisable to negotiate the price of the car before I place my order, even though I'll be leasing? The dealer is telling me that they can't give me lease rates for the 2012 XFR because they're not released yet. Anyone?

Sandy

Old 08-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on your new XFR ! I'm green with envy.Have been running an XK8 since new in 2005 with absolutely NO problems. I can't make myself part with the old girl to buy a newone. I live in Canada where the weather "aint so great" in winter ,so I store her in my heated hanger until spring arrives.
Stan I (Stainless)