Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XF and XFR ( X250 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/)
-   -   XFR hood louvers (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/xfr-hood-louvers-25947/)

wrkoch 10-01-2009 01:38 PM

XFR hood louvers

Hello all,

I've owned my xf for a few months now, however i'm jealous of the new XFR bumper, hood louvers, and especially the engine. What I would like to know is how similar the XFR, or the XKR, hood is compared to the XF. I'm thinking about installing the XFR hood louvers to my XF, obviously with some modification. I also found the XFR chrome louvers HERE and wondering how this might fit. Any insight to my situation, and possibly the cheapest place to find XFR hood louvers would be much appreciated.

Brutal 10-01-2009 01:56 PM

you need the hood and liner. the hood is recessed to fit the louvers flush, and the hood liner correspondes

wrkoch 10-01-2009 02:11 PM

I assume the XK is the same... Thanks for the quick reply. I have to take care of a few recall things, I think i'll ask my dealership if this is something they can do, i'm sure for a price.

H20boy 10-01-2009 05:21 PM

...sure, they can do anything for the right amount of $$. In fact, find a nice body shop, they can do the swap can't they since it's just body parts?

Le Chef 10-10-2009 05:27 PM

Why would you?

It's the equivalent of all those huge spoilers on the back of matt gray Honda Civics. It's wannabe.

Enjoy what you've got for what it is, not what you don't have.

jarhead75 03-26-2011 07:34 PM

I have a 2010XF/SC cashmere gold with a mod for the brembo calipers, chromed shark fins, tinted windows. i want the hood louvers.....the info that you need a under hood piece as well was very helpful. I found a racecar type auto service place right near me and i'm gonna use em when i get the nerve to risk it....mina gallery sells the chrome R mesh hood lovers and will offer them to ya 4 less if u call em and ask!...they are quite helpful. Had a 2005 XKR for awhile before this kitty cat....

harrymitch 07-14-2011 08:28 AM

Hood lovers

Gentelmen,
Is there a differnt hood lover for 2008 XKR.

jagular 07-14-2011 07:01 PM

Be aware that the XF hood is aluminum. Cutting and patching louvers into it will be tricky.

There's no accounting for taste but adding unnecessary hood louvers is a bit over the top.

The XFR is exceptionally quick and the normal aspirated 5.0 is just ordinarily quick. Anyone who knows which is which will be laughing at your driving, not realizing it will be your engine to blame.......

JimC64 07-14-2011 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 171080

Sorry to dilute the thread but wanted to put my :icon_twocents: worth in.

I both agree AND disagree with Jugular and some others of the same opinion on this type of modding.

I don't like - The real silly wannabes like the chrysler 300c trying to be a Bentley, or some basic BMW with bits ot tat etc added on, big wings / spoilers, flared chrome arches etc...

I don't see a problem with - someone with a fairly mid / upper range Jag, Bmw or the like who does very tasteful, stock looking mods. These done to make the car look more pleasing to the eye, on a budget and sometimes very tastefully done. Some of these spoilers, bigger rims, brake kits, louvres etc when done really well can fool most of the people most of the time, making the car look better, but almost stock at the same time. That being the case I don't understand why some of you give these guys a hard time about it?:icon_shrug:

:icon_rant::icon_rant:over and back to sleep....lol

Redjaguar100 07-17-2011 07:26 PM

Wouldn't it be easyer to just buy the hood, Paint it and itstall it? Maybe find a rear end recked XF and grab the hood.