XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Front Splitter kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 01:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Front Splitter kit

Does anyone know if the front lower splitter kit from the XJ 2016 would fit the 2011 model?

Many thanks

Old 08-23-2016, 03:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,139 Likes on 3,383 Posts

As an alternative, consider the lower front bumper apron kit with real carbon fiber center section from Mina Gallery: Speed style Bumper Apron w. Real Carbon Fiber Center for Jaguar XJ Series - Mina Gallery Inc

At US$350 plus shipping, it might be less expensive than the OEM item.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 512 Likes on 413 Posts

Jaguar changed the front bumper cover for 2016 and the reshaped lower edge is different from pre 2016. You will need a kit that is for 2010 through 2015 to fit your car.

Old 09-04-2017, 02:02 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

I just installed the Mina front splitter/chin spoiler. I cannot say that I am overly impressed. What I got didn't come with any instructions, just a bag with a few screws in it (still not sure what they were for). Granted, I wasn't too worried about the instructions (atleast till I was nearing the end) as I figured it was a fairly simple bolt on thing.

Needless to say, while it doesn't look bad, I think it could be better. The fit of the pieces was not what I would call good. The center section did not have the holes drilled out in it. No biggie. But, if you look at the picture from Mina, that piece seems to sit out at the edge of the bumper where mine seems to sit back about 2 inches. Not to mention that I had to modify the piece to make it fit. It was as if one side was made longer than the other. Granted, I am wondering if it was the intention to not use the factory bolt holes (which the Mina indentions lined right up to), but to drill all new holes to mount the kit on to the car with.

At this point, I can't say that I am overly excited about buying another Mina product. I have installed their exhaust system and those went on without a hitch and would recommend those. But this chin spoiler was a completely different story.

Old 09-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts

Do you have any pic of it installed? Did you do the carbon fiber?

I was like you and wondered WTH at first.
It took me awhile to realize you don't need to drill any holes just install using the existing hardware. The blank spots where you think they missed drilling holes should be left alone.

I don't think it's meant to be a solid extension of your bumper so it breaks off when you hit something instead of ripping your bumper off but I could be wrong.

I went to the dealer and looked at a few of them installed and it didn't look any better than the Mina one.
I also have their exhaust and love it.

Old 09-04-2017, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Thermo
I just installed the Mina front splitter/chin spoiler. I cannot say that I am overly impressed. What I got didn't come with any instructions, just a bag with a few screws in it (still not sure what they were for). Granted, I wasn't too worried about the instructions (atleast till I was nearing the end) as I figured it was a fairly simple bolt on thing.

Needless to say, while it doesn't look bad, I think it could be better. The fit of the pieces was not what I would call good. The center section did not have the holes drilled out in it. No biggie. But, if you look at the picture from Mina, that piece seems to sit out at the edge of the bumper where mine seems to sit back about 2 inches. Not to mention that I had to modify the piece to make it fit. It was as if one side was made longer than the other. Granted, I am wondering if it was the intention to not use the factory bolt holes (which the Mina indentions lined right up to), but to drill all new holes to mount the kit on to the car with.

At this point, I can't say that I am overly excited about buying another Mina product. I have installed their exhaust system and those went on without a hitch and would recommend those. But this chin spoiler was a completely different story.
I got one off eBay but it’s the original jaguar splitter, it still didn’t fit 100% on one side and the holes all lined up so you can make any mistakes fitting it. Good job I didn’t pay the full jaguar price or it would of gone back.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:06 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a mina front splitter kit w carbon fiber center for sale $150.00
Brand new never installed. Still in packaging in perfect condition

Pm me if interested

Old 09-13-2017, 05:51 PM
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Just to answer this I just bought a 2016 splitter new for my 2011 and it fitted perfectly.

Attached Thumbnails Front Splitter kit-image.jpeg  
Old 09-14-2017, 10:12 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Googsy
Just to answer this I just bought a 2016 splitter new for my 2011 and it fitted perfectly.
This is what puzzles me. The pre facelift bumper has a continuous curved profile on the bottom edge whereas the facelifted bumper has forward protrusions on either side with a slightly more recessed edge in the centre. How would the 2016 splitter fit the 2011?

I can only speculate that it is possible because the splitter comes in 3 separate parts. So, recessed centre or not, it can still be installed.

I presume it also works the other way round? (2011 splitter on a 2016 xj)

Old 09-14-2017, 02:47 PM
Veteran Member

Googsy are you talking about the front bumper lower splitter kit or the rear spoiler. The rear spoiler would be the same for all years but the front splitter for 2010 through 2015 would not work on a 2016 or later and I've seen both.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:57 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a mina early model 10-15 splitter kit with carbon fiber for sale brand new if anyone wants it. Lmk. 150.00 boo plus shipping. I ended up going with a new 2016 bumper so I can use the kit. And it definitely does not fit the newer style bumper.

Old 09-14-2017, 03:44 PM
Veteran member

This is what mine came out like:

If you note, the center section of my splitter is sitting back about 2 inches instead of being up near the front like what you see on most. I also painted the carbon fiber center section to keep things more in line with what I have planned for the car.

Old 09-14-2017, 03:56 PM

It looks like it's mounted incorrectly.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:08 PM

Here is a pic of mine mounted with the black center section.
Zoom in on the pic (excuse the bugs) for a better idea of how it looks. In person you can't tell the difference between this one and the factory mounted splitter.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by JP-Empire
This is what puzzles me. The pre facelift bumper has a continuous curved profile on the bottom edge whereas the facelifted bumper has forward protrusions on either side with a slightly more recessed edge in the centre. How would the 2016 splitter fit the 2011?

I can only speculate that it is possible because the splitter comes in 3 separate parts. So, recessed centre or not, it can still be installed.

I presume it also works the other way round? (2011 splitter on a 2016 xj)

Yes I bought a 2016 front splitter kit comes in 3 parts for the lower part of front bumper.Your right in that all the pictures I examined before purchase the later bumper looked more forward.I took the risk and to my eye it fits perfectly all the holes lined up etc.See picture below

2016 front splitter on 2011 xj

Old 09-15-2017, 09:00 AM
Veteran member

NvmyJag, if I fix it, I am going to have to get a new center section. I trimmed a little bit off of it to make it fit like you see it. If I slide it forward, it will most likely end up with a little gap between the center piece and one corner piece. So, may need to do some looking around and seeing what I can find.

Old 09-15-2017, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member

The center section is recessed about an inch as the design in conjunction with the rear spoiler was designed in a wind tunnel for high speed stability. My XJ has the factory speed package and both front and rear aero bits, and also the max speed limit is increased to 174mph. Even my speedometer is different in that at the 6 o'clock position my speedo shows 110mpg and non speed package or XJRs speedos show 90mph at the 6 o'clock position.

@googsy that front splitter is NOT a 2016 kit, don't know where you got it but definitely not for the new front bumper/LED headlight car. IMHO

Attached Thumbnails Front Splitter kit-img_1086.jpg   Front Splitter kit-img_1087.jpg  
Old 09-18-2017, 06:14 PM

Thanks XJsss it was advertised as 2016 on eBay brand new and half the price it would normally cost. I bought it as I wanted one desperately and thought if it didn't fit I could somehow modify it so it would.So there's a strong chance the advertiser had his facts wrong. I'm just delighted it fits .

Old 09-19-2017, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Googsy
Thanks XJsss it was advertised as 2016 on eBay brand new and half the price it would normally cost. I bought it as I wanted one desperately and thought if it didn't fit I could somehow modify it so it would.So there's a strong chance the advertiser had his facts wrong. I'm just delighted it fits .
You can check the part number this would tell you what year it is.

Old 09-30-2017, 08:36 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

If anyone has a front splitter kit for the 2015+ front bumber - ill take it. Or maybe you know where to buy?

Quick Reply: Front Splitter kit