Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ ( X351 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-x351-53/)
-   -   Help! "D" Flashes and car acts like it's in neutral... (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-x351-53/help-d-flashes-car-acts-like-its-neutral-213232/)

lospice1 01-25-2019 11:40 PM

Help! "D" Flashes and car acts like it's in neutral...

My 2012 XJL Supercharged is acting funny. It was driving fine until I slowed down to go over a speed bump. Then the car acts like it's in neutral and "D" flashes on the dash great indicator. I turned the gear selector to neutral and then back to drive and it drive normally but I did notice some slight jerking when getting on the throttle at low speed.

Any ideas what could be the problem? It's still under extended warranty, so I'll probably bring it to the dealership unless there is a DIY fix.

thanks,
Will

Hank Scorpio 02-04-2019 02:45 PM

Thats really odd. Did it do it again since then? I could have been a weird software glitch or something. I havent heard of many, if any at all, issues with the ZF boxes.

1Willy1 02-19-2019 10:35 PM

Id try to get the tranny "reflashed" first and see if that solves it

On a side note, im close to buying a 2012 5.0 supercharged xjl and im wondering if its possible for me to get a proper warrantee on it through jaguar?

The car is being sold by a ford dealer, they say they offer some warrantees but id rather get it straight from jag if possible

How did you manage to get your warrantee?

Hank Scorpio 02-20-2019 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by 1Willy1 (Post 2029910)

The car is being sold by a ford dealer, they say they offer some warrantees but id rather get it straight from jag if possible

How did you manage to get your warrantee?

I can just give you my input/experience. When i got my 2012, it still had the Jaguar CPO warranty. we tried to negotiate extending that CPO, but they just flat out said JLR would not let them extend CPOs once you were beyond certain terms. They gave me a third party one instead that supposedly matched the CPO, but i have not had to use it yet to report back how good it was.

that being said, unless the car fits the criteria for a CPO, i dont think you can get an ext warranty from Jag. youd have to get one of the 3rd party ones like i did.

clubairth1 02-20-2019 10:39 AM

It might need a replacement shifter too?
When the rotary shifter was first introduced there were a number of reported failures. But as the years went by we stopped hearing about this so I think Jaguar got it fixed.
But if you can post back with the codes they found and what the final solution was. Assuming you DO get it fixed at some point!

Shahrukh 04-29-2024 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by lospice1 (Post 2018723)
My 2012 XJL Supercharged is acting funny. It was driving fine until I slowed down to go over a speed bump. Then the car acts like it's in neutral and "D" flashes on the dash great indicator. I turned the gear selector to neutral and then back to drive and it drive normally but I did notice some slight jerking when getting on the throttle at low speed.

Any ideas what could be the problem? It's still under extended warranty, so I'll probably bring it to the dealership unless there is a DIY fix.

thanks,
Will

same problem in me car