XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Metal eBay sport pedals installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 01:41 PM
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Metal eBay sport pedals installed

I got these a couple months ago and finally got around to installing them, because I am very good at procrastinating. They are pretty good quality. Solid metal with a nice feel, all the pedals are one piece with one piece rubber on the back that sticks through the holes. The Jaguar stamp on them looks pretty good, especially for $25. I think these actually look better than the Mina Gallery or Arden ones. Especially if you dont have an R, getting R pedals doesnt really match.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Sport-A...53.m2749.l2649

The installation was pretty easy and straightforward. I referred to a couple of threads on here because the pedals dont come with instructions, but like I said, it was pretty easy. You remove the rubber brake pedal, which can be a little difficult. I used a panel popper and it made it much easier. The gas pedal is plastic and doesnt have a cover, so you just drill into the pedal itself. The dead pedal had self tapping screws, so that was even easier.

You just line them up, mark the holes where you want to drill, and go for it. I used standard Craftsmen bits (1 broke, but it was too small anyway), and no issues drilling through the brake pedal. You even have the opportunity to position them slightly different, for example, i thought the gas and brake were a little too close, so i nudged the brake pedal over just slightly. Tighten the allen bolts and you are good to go. It took me more time to prep and figure things out that to actually do the installation. I would definitely recommend getting these, because the plain rubber doesnt do our gorgeous interiors justice.

Attached Thumbnails Metal eBay sport pedals installed-pedals1.jpg   Metal eBay sport pedals installed-pedals2.jpg   Metal eBay sport pedals installed-pedals3.jpg  
Old 02-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 526 Likes on 371 Posts

I had those in my old X350 and just installed them on my X351. But I installed them the ghetto way...I used some heavy-duty black instant gasket and glued them on! Too lazy to drill holes and such.

Definitely the best bang-for-your-buck interior mod.

Next, get these extensions for your paddle shifters. Really nice solid metal pieces.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steering-Wh...!US!-1&vxp=mtr

Last edited by XJ8JR; 02-22-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by XJ8JR
But I installed them the ghetto way...I used some heavy-duty black instant gasket and glued them on! Too lazy to drill holes and such.

Next, get these extensions for your paddle shifters. Really nice solid metal pieces.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steering-Wh...!US!-1&vxp=mtr
Thats funny, cuz I was looking for my 3M double sided stuff that you use for exterior things like spoilers and lips, but couldnt find it, so i drilled.

I do like those paddle extensions, i never saw that. Our paddles are kind of small and dont really match my hand position. Does the 3M tape hold them pretty sturdy?

Old 02-22-2018, 02:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 526 Likes on 371 Posts

Yes, the extensions are on there good and tight. Just make sure the backs of the existing paddles are nice and clean with alcohol or degreaser.

They look much nicer in real life than in those pics. They're solid and big and have some good heft to them, and they actually came in a nice foam padded presentation box. I was really surprised when I got them. I think they're MUCH nicer than the other types that go for $60 and above. These actually look like they could be stock. I'll take a picture later.

As for the pedals, I had tried body tape on my old car but they wouldn't hold, and so I ended up using Gorilla Glue, but it was messy and hard to position correctly and the go-pedal came off after a year or so. So I wanted to find a better way on this car.

I used the loctite black gasket to reseal my oil pan and I saw how quickly and strongly that stuff grabbed the pan before I had even put the bolts back in. So I used regular Gorilla brand super glue to secure the rubber backing to the aluminum, and then used the Loctite gasket to secure them to the pedals. And just like the oil pan, they grabbed almost instantly with zero mess or fuss.

I guess the only drawback is that the screw holes are blank, but if that really bothers you, I'm sure you could dremel the screwheads off and glue them in.

Last edited by XJ8JR; 02-22-2018 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-24-2018, 05:22 PM

I mean for $25 its worth a try, and it definitely looks like they will match the pedals, tho no one else except me will notice that.

it might even compensate for not having a shifter, only the paddles, which are attached to the damn wheel. i do have to admit that is one thing i do miss, is a regular shifter.

though typically when i am driving spirited enough to need the paddles, you kinda do need both hands on the wheel of this car.