XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

2004 jaguar xjr....What performance mods have you done?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: 2004 jaguar xjr....What performance mods have you done?

Thanks.
I have the wool floormats in another car I own and while they are expensive they are very comfy on the feet and help to reduce road noise.
I noticed the noise reduction when I drove the car without them after an interior detailing.
Lew was your ebay price for wool ones?
Chad

Old 01-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Ok, now I have to admit this thread is completely hijacked. I'm posting this here as continuity to the other suppliers/ prices previously quoted.

2005 VDPlambswool mats, color mocha (designated for champagne interior) Jaguar list $457.00 for full set of four.

I went to the Jaguarparts.com listing, and they are not at all clearcut on pricing. A cursory look shows pricing from mid 3's to mid 5's, depending on color...and the correct color was not listed. Additionally, Jaguar required a VIN number to insure correct application: maybe I didn't look hard enough yet, but I didn't see any specificity for that site's listings, or a phone number to call. Maybe they're great like Frosted Flakes, I don't know.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

ORIGINAL: JagtechOhio

Ok, now I have to admit this thread is completely hijacked. I'm posting this here as continuity to the other suppliers/ prices previously quoted.

2005 VDPlambswool mats, color mocha (designated for champagne interior) Jaguar list $457.00 for full set of four.

I went to the Jaguarparts.com listing, and they are not at all clearcut on pricing. A cursory look shows pricing from mid 3's to mid 5's, depending on color...and the correct color was not listed. Additionally, Jaguar required a VIN number to insure correct application: maybe I didn't look hard enough yet, but I didn't see any specificity for that site's listings, or a phone number to call. Maybe they're great like Frosted Flakes, I don't know.
That is strange!!?? Maybe it is a matter of supply and demand for the colors.

https://www.jaguarparts.com/catalog/...oducts_id=1151

Old 01-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

ORIGINAL: chadmc5c

Thanks.
I have the wool floormats in another car I own and while they are expensive they are very comfy on the feet and help to reduce road noise.
I noticed the noise reduction when I drove the car without them after an interior detailing.
Lew was your ebay price for wool ones?
Chad
ebay price was for the wool OEM mats.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Comfy is great if I require everybody to remover their socks and shoes before entering my car. I have an Alpine, rear entertainment system, a wife and a 16 month old child that completely eliminate any road noise or ability to think. I'll have to wait for that stimulus check to come in before I grab my ankles on this one.

Before I get caught up as an accomplice in this threadjacking...

1. Mina performance exhaust. 10-12 hp (about $250 more than a plush set of floormats... and chicks can hear it)
2. Mina supercharger pully 13-15-rwhp ( less than a set of floormats.)
3. Mina performance intake 12 rwhp (way less than a set of floormats)

No I haven't put any of this on. I plan on the intake and the exhaust.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:50 PM

Under normal circumstances, I could at least say "Think nothing of it". Apparently, you already have.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:01 AM

No aftermarket source that I know of for woolies, and I'm sure the factory set is a fortune. I have some used ones...never spit on them, but they are used. PM me if you want talk amongst ourselves.
JTO-

I do appreciate your inquiry. I did mention I was looking for some that were not a fortune.Regardless, the price is excessive as compared to what that kind of money could be used for elsewhere. I'msure not a lot of people arebasing their decisionwhether or not to buy a Jag because they may have to replace a set of floormats within 4 years that costs more than an air compressor that may not give out at all. I'm just trying not to be pennywise and dollar foolish.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:50 AM

I researched andrelayed theinformation after receiving yourrepeated requests. For that I am subjected to public sniping.

I posted the Jaguar factory pricing and application details publicly, since other readers apparently had some interest. Want to know if your local Jaguar dealer is adding a markup over suggested list price? Now you have a specific test case, give them a call and see what they quote you. Find out how willing they are to assist, and use both results to decide who you are going to contact when you need immediate attention for something important.

Or, use the details as a comparable to internet retailers. But make it an apples to apples comparison, so that you know for sure they can actually provide the correct specification for requestsand are not publishing misleading pricesfor their parts. That would be valuable information next time you are trying to fulfill a requirement, instead of entertaining a folly.And the research will reveal something about their product knowledge, responsiveness, and whether or not you can just pick up the phone to call them for the information or parts you need. In this particular case, jaguarparts was wrong color, wrong price, no specific listing, and no phone number to call for clarification. Try jagbits or somebody else and see how much more they are asking than a 10% net over cost.

If you have been a member of this forum for a while, and actually take the time to read posts instead of glossing over them, you are aware that a number of individuals introduce themselves as parts retailers. Most of them come and go pretty quickly, at least that's the conclusion from seeing the requests they receive whichgo unanswered. Other than jag_genius and Ken, none of these salesmen demonstrate any product knowledge or willingness to assist with posters' questions about the business they claim to know. They drop their business card on the desk, and leave when they have reached the decision that the effort required is a waste of their time.

If I'm willing to devote the time to help other people, and try to make a customer or a friend in the process, that's my choice. It's unclear to me why such efforts are ignored, or challenged, or treated with disdain. I save those responses for the many posts I read that are full of useless crap, and you don't get that from me.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:36 PM

JTO-

Again.. out of context. When I said the price was excessive compared to what that kind of money could be used for elsewhere, I didn't impose that you were high priced or that "elsewhere" meant some other supplier. "Elsewhere" simply meant that insted of $457 for floormats from you, the dealer, or anyone else, maybe it would be better spent towards buying say... and exhaust system, wheels, etc. etc.from you, the dealer, or anyone else. I'm not snipingyou.I think your pricing is very competative. If your the lowest price retailer for a product(and I have checked and you are) and I don't like the price of the product..I'M BASHING THE PRODUCT ...NOT YOU OR YOUR ESTABLISHMENT. I need a drink. If you were here I'd make you buy it for pissing me off.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:12 PM

The moral of this little tale is that apparently Jaguar sheep are eating alot better than ethicalJaguar technicians and parts retailers these days.

Thank you for pointing out that my pricing held up favorably to likecomparables. Thatfits within the context of a public discussion, and how you choose to invest in your Jaguar is up to you.

I'd never spend that kind of jack on a set of floor mats. I've seen people install factory accesorymats to protect their floor carpeting, then put in cheap rubber mats to protect the accessory mats. Of course nothing gets properly secured, and then they wonder why their transmission won't kick down when they go WOT. Performance modindeed.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't resist pointing out that while some females might appreciate the exhaust note created by an aftermarket exhaust system (and maybe the hp increase that comes with it), I believe that many would prefer to remove their shoes and wiggle their toes in the thick wool carpets Jaguar provide. Personally, I haven't found the need for more than 400hp and I like the very quiet atmosphere inside my Jaguar. Krubruder, will your exhaust note trumpet within as well as without? Another question. Do any of the mods cause warranty coverage issues? Also, in California, if you change the intake, I believe you might not pass your smog test if the technician notices what you've done. I don't think there is any chance they could find a pulley swap. Exhaust modsare fine, though. So are thick carpets. No smog check problems with either.
Good idea on thedrink, KruBruder. [sm=icon_guiness.gif] Get mellow.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:21 PM

Charlie,
I can see your point with the carpets except I'm married and would rather my wife keep her shoes on[sm=smiley34.gif]. JK. The exhaust notewould be just to distract everyone from noticing that my car doesn't have a SUPER V8 badge on it. Likewise. I don't feel the need for more than 400 hp either except I don't have it and getting close would be a delight. I have a problem keeping tires on this VDP and every time I touch the DSC button, my wife slugs me in the arm. I can onlyimagine another 100 hp. I used to live In Huntington Beach and when I got my Suburban smogged they never said anything about the intake I have on it. Maybe they overlooked it. Also I think (not sure) there is a law that states intakes and exhaust can't void a warranty.I"m sure a pully would. I plan on getting the Mina exhaust and they say you can hear the rumble when you start the car and under heavy acceleration but is normal otherwise. I'll just have to check it out.