Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj6-xj8-xjr-x350-x358-28/)
-   -   2005 Super V8 New Owner here and Problems :( (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj6-xj8-xjr-x350-x358-28/2005-super-v8-new-owner-here-problems-54088/)

Khello 05-07-2011 11:17 AM

amcdonal86, he didn't date her, he was just checking her out :P

seamagineer, thanks for the info. I'll do that.

SuperTrav, buy the car. The wife will get over it.

Abacab 05-30-2011 12:24 AM

There is a factory satellite radio option for the 2005 Super V8? I have not been able to find anything on this. Directions?

amcdonal86 05-30-2011 08:19 AM

Did you ever get this resolved?

jahummer 05-30-2011 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Khello (Post 346404)
I'm just frustrated with how difficult it's been to find a service manual. I have the shop manual on my laptop for all my other vehicles.

If you need some info, check here:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/g...r-index-50609/

Khello 05-31-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Abacab (Post 357862)
There is a factory satellite radio option for the 2005 Super V8? I have not been able to find anything on this. Directions?

Yes, and it looks really cheap. Jaguar basically installed a Sirius unit below the CD/radio. The unit plays thru the radio (converts Sat signal to RF signal). Nice to know that my neighbor's 04 accord has XM integrated into the head unit and my 05 Jaguar doesn't. The Sirius unit, was the cause of the poor radio reception. I searched the forum, members reported that turning the Sirius unit off improved radio reception.

Originally Posted by amcdonal86 (Post 357985)
Did you ever get this resolved?

Yes, the issue has been resolved. Thank you all for the help. Turned out A/C was covered under Select Edition warranty, which is good for another 3 weeks. I thought the warranty covered drive train only, but I was pleasantly surprised to learn otherwise. The dealership suspected it was the resistor module first, but it was the blower, which according to them, was very rare. Ordering and replacing the rear blower took a week that I spent in the dealership’s 09 Volvo S80 loaner. Hard to believe that’s a $40k car. The car had lunch duty at work for that week and all my coworkers agreed it was overpriced.

Originally Posted by jahummer (Post 357985)
If you need some info, check here:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/ge...r-index-50609/

Sweet link, thanks!

amcdonal86 05-31-2011 02:44 PM

A new S80 is $40k? That's pretty cheap!

Glad you got it fixed! You better go through the car very carefully to find other defects. The Select Edition Warranty pretty much covers everything!

Khello 05-31-2011 04:12 PM

It sounds cheap for Volvo's equivalent of the 5 series, but it's really not impressive from the inside at all. I mean Volvo didn't even install some cheap speakers for the parking sensors. It uses the audio system speakers and it turns the volume down if it the system is on. I can see where they might think it's a safety feature, but I can hear my parking sensors well with the audio system on. Oh for $40k you don't get anything more than the basic options. So no heated seats, CD changer, or Sat radio. You do get the blind spot monitoring system, which doesn't work in heavy rain (read: reduced visibility condition). Final note, I averaged 22 mpg with the 3.2 V6, which is what I average in the Jaguar.

gdcont 05-31-2011 09:56 PM

That's the main reason why since working on Volvo's for more than 25 years, at the dealership level, the last 3 vehicles I've owned have been Jaguars. My current Jag is a '04 XJ8. I can't wait to see what the future holds for Volvo now that it is owned by a company from China.

amcdonal86 06-01-2011 08:49 AM

I can't wait to see what Jag's future holds now that it's owned by an Indian company!

BTW, I've had blower motors fail on other cars before. At least in my case, I think it was caused by my leaking A/C unit (drain tube became disconnected and was draining onto the floor/carpet). It took a long time for me to notice the leak, and the excess humidity caused my blower motor to corrode and eventually seize.

bmw745ion19s 06-01-2011 03:43 PM

unfortunately jaguar doesnt make those gorgeous lines it used to have with the exception of the XK.

i didnt think the sales person would intentionally sit in the back to cover anything up. they probably had no clue it didnt work since the front was fine. glad to hear it was under warranty though.

supertrav where is the super v8 in dallas you have looked at? i know a lot of guys in the car business there and besides a lot of clients of mine and its actually where my s type r came from.

S80s can be leased easily for $349 a month with nothing down brand new. volvos drive worse then hyundais to me, id never have one

SuperTrav 06-02-2011 10:25 AM

Highly interesting points, all. I have been following closely.

The Super, at the $25K ask, is too rich for me right now. And honestly, I lean more toward an XJR purchase, as my rear passengers are children, for the most part, and the rockstar back seat of the Super isn't that important to me. Plus, I'm more of the "boy racer" variety of car freak, and the looks and overall demeanor of the XJR fit me better.

There's a 2004 XJR, blue with a sand interior with 45K miles here locally that is stunning and perfectly optioned for me. It has the 20"s Sepang's. The color combination is ideal for me and the Texas summers and all. So, yesterday I tried to secure financing to buy it! And unfortunately, it's not going to work out for me for now. I need to wait, repair my credit and save some money. I can't find a lending institution that will approve a 60 month note on that car for me. Oh well. So I wait.