XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

CD player working, no sound for am/fm or take deck.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD player working, no sound for am/fm or take deck.

Hello, my name is Nicholaus and I'm new to the forums.

Here's the situation. My radio plays sound on CD mode but no sound on tape mode or am/fm mode.

A little back story.... I spilled coffee on my radio while on the way to work one morning. Needless to say, my radio unit stopped working. After a couple of days of what I thought would be a drying out session, I ordered a replacement from a used parts dealer online. After receiving the used unit I proceed to install the unit. Once installed completely, turned the power on and everything seemed to work normal at first. All lights came on, all of the display and functionality of the radio where, but no sound when I put the deck in tape mode or amfm mode. I thought for sure they had sent me a faulty deck so I called and they were nice enough to send me a second use deck. After a rather quick install I proceeded to power the deck up and lo and behold I still had the same issue. I can't imagine that two different random decks being installed into my car had the same problem. I suppose that it is theoretically possible, I just don't see that being high probability.

has anyone in this group ever come across a situation like that? Is there a fix that I'm missing as I can't seem to find anything online after a few days of research. Could there have been something that my coffee spilled on other than my deck that would cause for the radio and tape player to be the only thing not working on two random new decks installed?

if anybody has any suggestions I would be glad to discuss and provide further details.

Thank you,
Nicholaus Miller