XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Do you use/like JaguarVoice ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 02:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 535 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Do you use/like JaguarVoice ?

After I picked up my '06 Portfolio I was interested in trying out JaguarVoice (I naively assumed the Portfolio had every extra on it because it was so damned expensive when new!)

Pressed the mute/listen button on the steering wheel..... and got mute :-(

I've had the rear trunk trim out and I have 4 "boxes" in my stack.

From the top
1) Rear DVD
2) Nav DVD
3) CD Changer
4) [space]
5) Phone module

From another post on here I read the install instructions and it looks like the JaguarVoice module should be in slot 4

I'd like to get one if I can, but wanted to get some feedback from other members whether they actually use it and like it ?

And does anyone know why the Portfolio flagship/real aluminum power vents/black cherry fantastico didn't bl**dy have it as standard ?!

Old 04-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Odd you have no replies. I had the dealer install voice on my super V8 at time of purchase. My SV8 is an 06. I really like the voice control and use it for controlling the phone, nav, radio, and climate control. Works well. My wife does not use the voice on her BMW as it has some recognition issues' but agencies fine with my SV8 and also her "winter car", a Jeep Grand Cherokee we just bought. Haven't had a single issue with the system on the Jaguar and it is handy to change radio stations or CDs. Also use the phone a lot by voice (iPhone 4s). For nav zooming in and out is very nice as well as that is a crappy thing to do on the touch screen. Hope this helps. For me, its something always will want to have on my vehicles.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 535 Likes on 337 Posts

@Charlie

Thanks for the feedback! I think I'll go on the look out for the Voice module..... I find the central screen quite a draw for the eyes so the least time I spend looking at it while driving, the better.

I have a pretty defined (Scottish) accent but as far as I see in the JaguarVoice manuals, you can train the car to your voice (you do this by reciting a particular paragraph while it is listening) so I would imagine with this functionality, it may even be able to understand me.

The following users liked this post:
PigletJohn (06-30-2013)
Old 05-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarc
After I picked up my '06 Portfolio I was interested in trying out JaguarVoice (I naively assumed the Portfolio had every extra on it because it was so damned expensive when new!)

Pressed the mute/listen button on the steering wheel..... and got mute :-(

I've had the rear trunk trim out and I have 4 "boxes" in my stack.

From the top
1) Rear DVD
2) Nav DVD
3) CD Changer
4) [space]
5) Phone module

From another post on here I read the install instructions and it looks like the JaguarVoice module should be in slot 4

I'd like to get one if I can, but wanted to get some feedback from other members whether they actually use it and like it ?

And does anyone know why the Portfolio flagship/real aluminum power vents/black cherry fantastico didn't bl**dy have it as standard ?!

Hi, I want this so bad so does anyone know what the part number is for JaguarVoice for my 2004 Vanden Plas. I get the same thing when I hit the little voice button....mute.

Thanks,
Brian