Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj6-xj8-xjr-x350-x358-28/)
-   -   Driver Intervention warning (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj6-xj8-xjr-x350-x358-28/driver-intervention-warning-13106/)

tallbird 03-29-2009 11:43 AM

Driver Intervention warning

Since I picked up my 2004 XJR from a service trip to the dealer a couple of weeks ago, occasionally a red warning light, chime, and message "driver intervention required" comes on. After maybe 30 seconds, they go off. According to my manual, these are a function of the adaptive cruise control (in case you doze off whle zipping along on automatic pilot), but cruise control was off. I turned it on and off again to be sure, but the warning keeps happening. Sometimes it happens when I actually might hit something if I didn't turn, but mostly it seems to be random.

Any suggestions here?

Also, I had a couple of questions on the Air Suspension Fault thread that no one seems to have noticed. I would really appreciate any help on any of these.

Thanks.

patrickw813 03-31-2009 05:03 AM

Have you checked the button for the forward car detection button? I am not too familiar with the technical name of it but it should be located right between the fuel door and truck release buttons. It has a triangle with a car inside of it. I tried this button and I find that the "Driver Intervene" warning will chime whenever I get too close to the car in front of me, regardless if cruise control is on. Hope this helped.

jag_genius 03-31-2009 11:04 AM

We customers hit it with there knee and not realize its on and get the warning light on.

tallbird 04-03-2009 11:50 AM

Right on

You guys hit the button. Thanks a lot. I never paid attention to that button, and apparently didn't pick it up in the manual either. Once I knew what I was looking for, it was obvious.

I really appreciate your help. Now the alarm won't distract me just when I need to stay focused. OTOH, it won't wake me up as I drift across the road.

TB

Grio 01-13-2015 11:49 PM

2004 Jag xjr - "driver intervene" message

Originally Posted by patrickw813 (Post 105334)
Have you checked the button for the forward car detection button? I am not too familiar with the technical name of it but it should be located right between the fuel door and truck release buttons. It has a triangle with a car inside of it. I tried this button and I find that the "Driver Intervene" warning will chime whenever I get too close to the car in front of me, regardless if cruise control is on. Hope this helped.

Same problem happened to me today, was thinking it was another jag gremlin and hit the cruise control cancel to no avail, the later in the drive noticed that red light to the left where the gas lid release was, and saw it, and was glad for your post. Was sure wondering now what "driver intervene"...meant...LOL...Thanks !

dsetter 01-14-2015 10:57 PM

When you have the alert turned on, you can actually drive smoothly and approach vehicles without it coming on. You can also adjust the sensitivity with the rocker switch on the right side of the steering wheel. You can also turn it off by holding it in at the top for minimum distance alert.
I actually really appreciate it at times.