XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

EBay Lincoln LS Suspension Kit fit 07 XJR?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 09:22 PM
Received 180 Likes on 101 Posts
Cool EBay Lincoln LS Suspension Kit fit 07 XJR?

Reading through forum threads, I have the impression that Lincoln LS suspension repair bits are ~ the same as Jag parts?

Would this kit fit?

LINCOLN LS FRONT + REAR CONTROL ARMS BALL JOINT HYDRABUSHES SUSPENSION KIT 24 | eBay

I'm beginning to disassemble my 07 XJR suspension in order to replace all the wear parts. My initial impression is that the joints and parts are made of self destructing rubber (eg, ball joints are good; boots are shot; bushings are frayed arms are good)

I would be tickled to find an OEM quality kit (eg, lemforder). Any suggestions appreciated

Old 07-27-2017, 09:04 AM
Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

Looks like a pretty complete kit. I too am interested in the answer.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,755 Likes on 1,326 Posts

I bought the rear kit for my 2005 XJR from that supplier and and apart from 1 issue with a bushing, which was rectified very quickly, they were an exact match for my vehicle.

Not sure whether there are any differences with later models tho.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:53 AM
Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts

I wonder if anyone has compiled a cross-reference of Jaguar part numbers to the equivalent FOMOCO items. I remember reading about people getting "Lincoln" parts at Lincoln prices, but packaged in a Jaguar box.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:08 PM

Tks everyone

I'd like to get FOMOCO parts as well. From what I can gather, the ft upper arms are same as Lincoln LS; lower are different. Not sure about LCA bushings, tierod ends, etc

The rear arms and radius (toe) rods may be the same

I believe the cheap ebay stuff is chinese, but I haven't seen it first hand. Under LS, a pair of ft UCA's is as cheap as $60

I've had lousy luck with chinese stuff (eg Uro) for German cars

Rock has Moog UCA's for about $85 each; not sure if they're any different

I will try and put together a list of parts, pn's, etc. There are a bunch of threads on this, but mostly old and circular

Here's one of the better ones:

Old 04-15-2017, 10:48 AM
Karaudio23

Default Suspension Bushings and Control Arms Master Thread
Hello everyone. I've been reading thread after thread to determine what works and what doesn't I was thinking it would be great to have one place we could find all the parts needed to overhaul the front and rear suspension.

(I'll make edits as we fill it in to make it easily readable.)

What I think I know:

Front Upper control arms: easily sourced from rockauto.com LEMFÖRDER is the most popular option on this forum although the other brands should fit just the same.

LEMFÖRDER 3063101 Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): XR81764, XR852091, XR856013}
Front Left Upper; incl. Ball Joint and Bushings

LEMFÖRDER 3063201 Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): 4W4Z3084AA, 6W4Z3084AA, XR81763, XR852090, XR856012

Front Right Upper; incl. Ball Joint and Bushings

FORD THUNDERBIRD 2002-2005
JAGUAR S-TYPE 2000-2002
LINCOLN LS 2000-2006

Control Arm 93-00702 AN Control Arm, 93-00702 AN Control Arm Sale - BuyAutoParts.com

RockAuto

Old 07-27-2017, 01:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,164 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Yes the Lincoln LS, S-Type, Thunderbird and XJ are interchangeable suspension parts. There are several threads on it.

A couple of thoughts. Deutsche Parts USA has an F rating with the BBB. Doesn't matter what their rating is on eBay if you fail the BBB imo.

https://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/bu...ster-ny-101704

I find this site to be helpful for cross matching parts. Input the Jag part number and the ford part numbers will show up as well.

6W4Z3085AA,FORD 6W4Z3085AA; Track Control Arm

Lemforder is OEM Jag

The following users liked this post:
hisport (07-28-2017)
Old 07-27-2017, 01:46 PM
Veteran Member

When I had my Super V8, I replaced Upper Control arms, sway bar bushes, inner and outer tiers and links with Ford parts.

hisport (07-28-2017)
Old 07-27-2017, 03:48 PM
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I can vouch that the front upper control arms are the same as I purchased and installed them a while back. Front inner tie rods are the same as I just installed them on mine. Rear components look identical as well but the front lower control arm and knuckle arrangement is very different. Ford uses a single piece lower control arm up front with a more traditional shock mount, the ford ball joint presses in from the bottom, sway bar links are different, outer tie rods on the Lincoln are similar to the pre-2003 s-type. It might be possible to do a complete front lower conversion and use the Lincoln coil overs but you'd have to see if the Ford lower arm bushings line up with the Jaguar double arm bushing mounts on the subframe.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:05 AM

Thanks!

Sean: I will avoid the Deushte USA parts; thanks. Will use Ford wherever possible
I tried using the parts search link you provided, but didn't get far with Jag XJ part crosses
In the couple I tried, it seems that Jag uses different part numbers for the same part, depending upon application (eg Ft UCA is XR857653 for S type; C2C41961 for X350 XJ)

I have made a list of all the Jag XJ part numbers for all the front/rear suspension wear items. I will make a table, and work to insert Ford part numbers

Andrew: thanks for the advice. My hope is to keep everything as original as possible, but dodge the dizzy Jag XJ parts pricing

Old 07-28-2017, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by hisport
Thanks!

Sean: I will avoid the Deushte USA parts; thanks. Will use Ford wherever possible
I tried using the parts search link you provided, but didn't get far with Jag XJ part crosses
In the couple I tried, it seems that Jag uses different part numbers for the same part, depending upon application (eg Ft UCA is XR857653 for S type; C2C41961 for X350 XJ)

I have made a list of all the Jag XJ part numbers for all the front/rear suspension wear items. I will make a table, and work to insert Ford part numbers

Andrew: thanks for the advice. My hope is to keep everything as original as possible, but dodge the dizzy Jag XJ parts pricing
I agree, they don't make it easy. Are you using the Electronic Parts Catalog?

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...uctions-48194/

It comes in handy. I will also just do a google search by part name and year make, model, which often leads me to a couple of other sites (eBay being one) and then they list compatibility of many cars.

So then I go back and do a google search for that other make and model. It's not clean but it can be done. The upper control arms I ended up with were listed for a Lincoln LS (I matched year to year with my car) and when the parts arrived, they had the Lemforder stamp on them. (I think, I don't have the car any more so I may be misremembering.

hisport (07-29-2017)
Old 07-28-2017, 02:42 PM
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

The challenge is definitely the front lower control arms and the front knuckles. I'm in the process of restoring the front end on my 2004 so I've actually pressed new bushings into the lower arms and new ball joints into the knuckles. I couldn't find a suitable cross reference part for those pieces.

hisport (07-29-2017)
Old 07-28-2017, 07:21 PM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I ordered the parts from two places, parts geek and eBay.
I did my suspension a while back. Below is what I ordered and source.I hear that Deutch parts are not to be trusted but at the time I ordered the uppers from them. The parts seemed of good quality. No issues with instalation either.

From eBay I ordered the rear links and toe adjusment rods. Listing #162024355073

The rear upper control arms from eBay listing #150883671860

The rear lowers control arms from Parts Geek. I ordered for a 2002 Lincoln LS Control Arms, Doorman 521-937 and 521-938. This parts are the same for Jaguar.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:05 PM
Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

I've been researching this because I have to replace nearly all the bushings, ball joints, and tie rod ends on my 2005 XJR. From what I've read, the rear suspension is identical to the later years Lincoln LS V8, Jaguar S-Type, and Ford Thunderbird. The front upper control arms are the same, but the rest of the front suspension is X350 specific.

The eBay parts in the first post will not fit the front of the X350, other than the upper control arms.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:31 AM

Thanks!

Whew; the plot thickens...

Andrew - where did you find bushings for the front lower arms? (The only ones I have come across are DP USA or similar chinese). I did find an older post by DonB (great forum member) with links for Lemforder suspension pn's, but it only covers a few parts/bushings. The only bushings (2) I have ordered so far are Lemforder 2978501 (Rock), which I think? are the front lower shock bushings. I have seen Lemforder bushing kits on EBay from UK and Latvia, but need to get them while I'm still young...
I have ordered ball joints and bearings for the front spindle carriers, and (like you) plan to press these in. Do you have to remove the (riveted) rotor shield? I plan to use my 20 ton little shop press

Brew - I think you've summarized things well. I have ordered Ford Ft upper control arms (motorcraft MCSOE39 and ...38) from Rock (~$125 ea). Rear UCA's from Gaudin Ford (6W4Z5500AA and ...AS) ~ $160 ea. I believe Ford (rear axle) LCA's (6W4Z5A649AA and ...B ~$275 ea) are correct, but would prefer to rebush (if I can find quality bushings, above)

Blac - Thanks for the links. I have ordered the things you listed via Rock; not sure of the counterpart Ford part numbers for most of these parts. I just hope what I receive is of decent quality. I'll report

All - please keep the info coming (esp bushing source), and with your help, I'll list the parts and pn's for the forum in one place. I need to have this car on the road by August 10

BTW, I sent of all four (sport XJR) air struts (LR was leaking) to Andrew at RMT for rebuilding. Seemed a nice, sharp guy over the phone)

Old 07-31-2017, 07:37 PM
Default Bushings...

After much digging, I've found all the bushings to do front and rear suspension except rear LCA bushings. I've found the Lemforder pn's, but no sources

Any ideas?

Old 11-13-2017, 04:49 PM
wwr
Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Thought I'd share my recent experience sourcing parts to replace air-springs and upper control arms on my '04 XJR.

I wanted to stay with Bilstein's but had difficulty finding less painful price without having to wait weeks for delivery. Parts Geek had them on my door step in less than a week and were very competitive price wise. When I got the old Bilstein's out I could see the upper control arms and ball joint would soon need attention and now was better than later (having the air-springs out already). Welsh Enterprises had control arms for both sides in stock for $145 each (incl. the ball joint locknut). The casting looked identical to what I replaced and they slipped right in without difficulty.

I'm curious to know where others are sourcing locknuts: Parts.com had flanged locknuts for 30%-37% of what my local Jaguar dealer was asking and I figured parts.com shipping was about the same as my cost driving to the dealer. The Parts.com stuff shipped from another Texas Jaguar dealer and each part was individually wrapped with Jaguar logo and pn.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 786 Likes on 664 Posts

Will the rear LS, & Thunder Bird upper, & lower arms fit my XJ8's? Or how about Moog's, Jaguar Control Arm with Ball Joint Pair MOOG RK622866 RK622865 for S Types fit?

Old 09-12-2018, 12:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have all the rear suspension parts, new upper control arms, drop links and transverse links and bushings for the lower control arms. I purchased these for installation on my 06 xjr. I have sold the xjr and will sell the parts for $250 plus shipping. The upper control arms and four links are from Lincoln parts and are interchangeable with Jaguar. You can contact me re my email, rrk1935@gmail.com