Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj6-xj8-xjr-x350-x358-28/)
-   -   headliner help please need info asap (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj6-xj8-xjr-x350-x358-28/headliner-help-please-need-info-asap-61807/)

Jsedita74 10-07-2011 02:38 PM

headliner help please need info asap

need to replace my headliner as it has begun falling a part. Would anyone know where I can get the material from at a good price (im looking to do alacantara) and how much material would I need to do everything?(a-b-c pillars sunroof the works? thanks chaps....

jahummer 10-07-2011 04:20 PM

About 6 yards. There are companies online that sell the material, make sure it is UV rated so it does not fade in a few months. The most important thing is to use the correct adhesive so it does not fall apart after a year or two.

aholbro1 10-07-2011 06:39 PM

I plucked this one off one of the headliner threads here on the forum a year or two ago whilst doing some research on headliners. Have neither order from nor otherwise dealt with them, but somewhere here there is a tutorial on an X308 and I believe whoever did it used this company, though I may be mistaken:

Your Auto Trim Store

joycesjag 10-07-2011 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by aholbro1 (Post 414253)
though I may be mistaken:

hee hee snicker snicker (:))
Is that like the ole sayin', "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken"?

aholbro1 10-07-2011 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by joycesjag (Post 414272)
Is that like the ole sayin', "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken"?

TeeHee. Busted! I've used that one on numerous occasions!

vserduchka 10-09-2011 08:45 PM

I did this job on my old Range Rover a couple years ago. I'll see if I can dig up the link for you.

Just go to joann fabrics or any online retailer that sells the foam backed suede headliner material. Then go to Home Depot and pick up a can of 3M Super 77 spray adhesive.

vserduchka 10-09-2011 08:46 PM

Here you go: Suede Headliner DIY - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

jahummer 10-10-2011 08:36 AM

JoAnn sells headliner material?

I can not speak from experience but I can mention 2 things I have seen on other forums regarding DIY headliners: 1. NON-UV rated fabrics fade to funky colours over time when exposed to sunlight, one such case I saw a young man changed his headliner to black suede he bought at a fabric store and in a year it had turned brown/orange. 2. If you do not use the correct adhesive, over time the headliner will sag faster than the factory one will. There is headliner adhesive available at a small cost, in fact the website mentioned a few posts up sells everything you need.

xjrguy 10-10-2011 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jsedita74 (Post 414178)
need to replace my headliner as it has begun falling a part. Would anyone know where I can get the material from at a good price (im looking to do alacantara) and how much material would I need to do everything?(a-b-c pillars sunroof the works? thanks chaps....

On numerous occasions we have used WLS Headliners in Hazelhurst, GA for headliner material. Contact them and tell them you need the thinner 1/8 inch backed material. Most material has 3/16 inch backing. They will sell you the adhesive or you can get the 3M super 77 spray locally. They will also let you send a piece cut from your car to match so the color is correct.

I'll be getting some from them for my XJR before too long.

wlsheadliners.com

Cheers,