Old 01-06-2019, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I decided to name her PiTA

I spent hours to remove all the stickers

interior are in good shape

sunroof

pita
Hello everybody,
I bought my jaguar one month ago, I drove it from the dealer to my house (100 mls) and I started to work on a series of small problems the car had, I did the typical ordinary maintenance (oil, filters etc) and I changed/repaired several small parts that were broken or not working ( shift knob, dashboard climate control, trunk, lights, obd connections etc ), the used part market is amazing, I found a set of coventry rims+ tires for a very interesting price and I get rid of the wheels the previous owner painted with an aerosol spray.
when I bought the car the major issue seemed to be the A/C not blowing cold air , and like I wrote a series of minor reparation included a loose headliner,( I was quoted 500$ for it).
Working on the car and following the A/C wires I looked and cleaned all the connections and I noticed a cut wire, I reconnected and I see compressor and fan were operative, so one week ago I made an appointment to the mechanic to vacuum and refill the gas in the system to see if the reason way A/C was not functioning could be related to a leak.
the evening before the appointment I changed all the rims, I noticed a kind of suddenly air release when ( slowly ) I put the car down using my floor jack, I was initially scared but the same evening drove the car for 20 miles and everything was ok.
the next morning the car was sitting on her nose, I had the indication of low and than definitely the air spring malfunction, I tried to drive it but was a nightmare, I parked her underneath my house and I discovered a leak from the left front air spring.
I decided at this point to take a little bit of time to read the forum about the suspension system and the relate problems, I read more than one time the topics about the coilover conversion kit and I decided I want install the strutmaster kit.
in the meantime I discovered the reason why the headliner was loose, the sunroof drains were clogged, one was obstructed, than I started to disassemble the pillars and the headliner to check it, at the end I removed it, cleaned it, fixed the obstruction, and I ordered 5 yard of suede to fix the headliner and the sunroof shade too.
I.d like to hear if possible reviews from who is using strutmaster ,obviously any kind of suggestion will be appreciated.
Here few pictures of PITA waiting to be reassembled.

Old 01-06-2019, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 786 Likes on 664 Posts

Great to see another brave soul willing to read the manual,& jump in
One of the most important things is to have enough time to do the work.
Not needing the car, if unplanned delays happen is a real plus.