XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Intake manifold gasket replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 08:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 786 Likes on 664 Posts
Smile

Well boys and girls;

Looks like i MAY have finally gotten the light to stay off, problem resolved?Sure hope so,because i bit the bullet and also bought the Jag M A F sensor, installed it with a hard reset. Results were trims settled down more and more, but the light and code kept coming back. Got to the point that i scheduled an appointment at the local shop to find the issue next week so i left the light stay on. Made a couple stops running some errands, started the car, and the light goes out, and has stayed out for over a hundred miles,W T F.Still says pending PO101, when the reader was hooked back up, so i wonder if this is the normal way that they are programed, to backstep through the whole process of throwing the light, and code, to make sure it likes the end result of your work,and the parts?

Old 07-23-2017, 08:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 786 Likes on 664 Posts
Unhappy

Wrong again; As far as i can understand the map sensor takes it's que from the maf sensor, via wire and a diaphragm. Could the diaphragm getting old, be the issue, and it needs a new map sensor? The trims are all great around 0, and steady, till throttle is let off & you come to a stop. Then they are erratic, moving up over seven often, till you take off, then drop back to where their supposed to be.So been trying to figure what else it could be. as i do not want to replace it unless it's needed.Any information would be appreciated.