Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj6-xj8-xjr-x350-x358-28/)
-   -   Key Fob Programming (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj6-xj8-xjr-x350-x358-28/key-fob-programming-122450/)

Woodford Jag 07-21-2014 05:38 PM

Key Fob Programming

I only have one key for my 05 XJR. I have read the forum and it explains that Jaguar IDS is required for programming an additional remote if you have one key/remote fob. Is the WDS system not capable of programming a key/remote fob?

H20boy 07-25-2014 12:43 AM

Programming a key requires SDD. I think the old WDS system would have to have MANY updates to be capable of doing a 2005 security programming alteration...3 but I'm not sure. I'm driving up your way in 3 weeks with my laptop w/ SDD and cable...shall I swing through Versailles?

Don B 07-25-2014 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Woodford Jag (Post 1020209)
I only have one key for my 05 XJR. I have read the forum and it explains that Jaguar IDS is required for programming an additional remote if you have one key/remote fob. Is the WDS system not capable of programming a key/remote fob?

Hi Woodford,

I bought some extra new key fob remotes for our '04 XJR before I had JLR SDD, and this procedure worked great to program all four of our remotes (even though the Jaguar manual stated that up to three remotes can be programmed):

1. Open driver's door.

2. Hold the highbeam selector arm toward you.

3. Insert ignition key and turn to first position (Accessory).

4. Release highbeam selector arm and then pull and release arm 4 times. After the 4th time you will hear a chime indicating that the system is in programming mode.

5. Press the lock button on each remote to program it in. I think there is a maximum time allotment for this, but I didn't make a note of it. You don't have to hurry.

6. Step out of the car, close the driver's door and test each remote.

If a remote does not work, it may need a new CR2032 battery.

I hope this also works on your '05.

Cheers,

Don

Sean W 07-25-2014 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Don B (Post 1022879)
Hi Woodford Jag,

I bought some extra new key fob remotes for our '04 XJR before I had JLR SDD, and this procedure worked great to program all four of our remotes (even though the Jaguar manual stated that up to three remotes can be programmed):

1. Open driver's door.

4. Release highbeam selector arm and then pull and release arm 4 times. After the 4th time you will hear a chime indicating that the system is in programming mode.

5. Press the lock button on each remote to program it in. I think there is a maximum time allotment for this, but I didn't make a note of it. You don't have to hurry.

Cheers,

Don

I followed this process for a FOB that stopped working. I replaced the battery and it worked - once and once only. Removed the battery, reinserted, reprogrammed per the above, same result. The other FOB holds the programming each time. I suspect a defective chip. The battery voltage on the replacement is fine.

Woodford Jag 07-26-2014 07:44 AM

Key Fob Programming

Thank you,

I need to order a Key Fob and Key blank then have it cut.

H20Boy,
Your offer would be great if your gonna be in the area. It would be nice to meet another forum member and I hope you would be driving your Jaguar, I would like to check the Audio System you installed.

Woodford

viper1996 01-12-2017 06:30 PM

From what I have seen here its supposed to be five stalk flashes not four...Mine seems to only do it properly with four flashes...

Panelhead 01-12-2017 07:39 PM

Program key, not fob

Originally Posted by Woodford Jag (Post 1020209)

I just programmed three fobs a couple weeks ago. You have to flash the lights fast. Do not count it beeps when ready.
The key contains the immobilizer. This is what requires SDD if you only have one. I have a working key. The other key purchased for 100.00 turns, shows the flashing red light. Will not start vehicle.
Need to find a person with SDD close to Houston. Thought about ordering a key from dealer but they will not return my calls.

Xeno 01-08-2022 10:48 AM

I bought new keyfobs because I lost one of my keys (again).
If I program the keyfobs, then find that key, will it not work anymore?

Wingrider 01-09-2022 08:10 AM

Yes, but you will have to reprogram, all them again, at the same time

clivee 01-10-2022 06:44 AM

hi don b
i did my keys a few weeks ago, old programmed key and a new complete key precut i used same to programme buttons.. but needs a diagnostic for the chip in key part of fob !...
i used thinkcar 2 costs $10 to download the key programming for your vin# worked fine for my 2005 x350 also u get 2 or 3 vin numbers to load up the
programme for each make of vehicle, this lasts 1 year then you pay for another year, if required, however the obd part stays free, works for me as plug in unit cost £34
delivered on ebay lots of sellers on there for this item. i also purchased the air suspension $5 to look at that as i had the usual suspension fault
on the dash, ime going to rebuid the compressor and change desicant etc in summer... payments made thro paypal

leaddog11 08-14-2022 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Don B (Post 1022879)
Hi Woodford,

1. Open driver's door.

Cheers,

Don

thanks