XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Need help buying V139 JLR Mangoose SDD Pro

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 04:19 PM
Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Need help buying V139 JLR Mangoose SDD Pro

Just in on click search, I found wide range of pricing for Mangoose reader.

I have a 2004 XJ8. Please lead me to a correct version with CD included to purchase. I a little bit puzzle because the V139 JLR Mangoose SDD Pro indicates for 2005 or later.

thank you

JLR Mangoose V139 for Jaguar and for Land Rover_Best Quality

V139 JLR Mangoose SDD Pro for Jaguar and Land Rover Support till Year 2014

V139 Mangoose Pro for Jaguar and Land Rover For JLR Mangoose pro V139 Support Till 2014

V139 JLR Mangoose SDD Pro for Jaguar and Land Rover Support Till 2014

V139 JLR Mangoose Pro for Jaguar and for Land Rover Support till 2014

Old 01-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

it comes down to the question, if you want to go for the genuine mongoose pro, which is quite expensive, but the 100% safe way.
Or you want to go for the clones.
I own one pc with a mangoose (no "pro") with SDD 1.30 and a later pc with mangoose pro with 1.38.
There is no noticeable difference between pro and not "pro".
The SDD 1.30 can be used without applying patches, whereas the 1.38 does require to be patched.
I feel much more safe when flashing parts of my car with 1.30, as I don't have to rely on the quality of the patch...

Old 01-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Received 12,736 Likes on 6,379 Posts

Originally Posted by annamiata
I have a 2004 XJ8. Please lead me to a correct version with CD included to purchase. I a little bit puzzle because the V139 JLR Mangoose SDD Pro indicates for 2005 or later.
Hi annamiata,

You've asked this question several times in several threads and received many replies assuring you that even though the seller claims the software will only work on 2005 and later Jaguars, many members have found that it works fine on our 2004 X350s. The package at the link below is the one I purchased because it's the cheapest one I could find.

JLR Mangoose SDD V139 for Jaguar and Land Rover Support till 2014 Year

I received V134 software, but bookman recently ordered the same package and received V138, which is working fine with his 2004 X350. If you are concerned that V139 won't work, just ask the seller if he will include discs for both V138 and V139.

The important things to remember are to set the date of your computer to August 1, 2012 and turn off your WiFi or pull your ethernet cable to disconnect from the Internet before you start SDD. Once in a while the program will fail to start the first time and I'll have to restart it, but I think that's because I only have 640MB of RAM available for the Win XP Pro virtual machine I'm running SDD in.

When I purchased the package with V134, it could only be installed on Windows XP Pro 32-bit. The sellers listing now appears to say that V139 can be installed on either Win 7 or XP. You should confirm that with the seller to be sure you have the necessary OS.

Cheers,

Don

Last edited by Don B; 01-19-2015 at 02:16 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Don B:
AD2014 (01-22-2015), hisport (08-01-2016)
Old 01-20-2015, 06:01 PM
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Be advized these Mongoose clones are very unstable. I personally burned 2 and I'm on my 3rd. I think the trick is to plug the adapter in the computer USB first and let it download and initialize (LEDs start blinking green) then plug it in your car and turn the car power on.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by veffremov
Be advized these Mongoose clones are very unstable. I personally burned 2 and I'm on my 3rd. I think the trick is to plug the adapter in the computer USB first and let it download and initialize (LEDs start blinking green) then plug it in your car and turn the car power on.

Hi veffremov,

I've heard a few rumors about problems like yours, but fortunately, my clone has been working fine for over a year, and I bought the cheapest one I could find. Makes you wonder.

Cheers,

Don

Old 01-21-2015, 02:27 PM
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

my mangoose works flawless from day 1.

It's pretty important to have a compatible laptop with some XP or 32bit-win7 installation. Don't try fancy new 64bit or win8/10 stuff and never change (or update) a running system.

With virtual machines, you should have a good look at the usb-drivers inside the VM and that of the host. virtualbox worked for me.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:38 PM
Received 102 Likes on 55 Posts

I bought a clone version of the regular Mongoose (not pro), and I'm having a lot of difficulty loading it on a Vista 32-bit operating system. I understand it and the Pro version only work on a 32-bit platform, but the Pro is also compatible with Windows 7. Drew Technologies answered my first inquiry about whether Mongoose only works on a 32-bit platform, but didn't reply to my second inquiry of whether it would work on Vista 32-bit.

It appears that the file titled VDF_J_DVD139_5 will not load in Vista because of a 0x80070002 error (suggested fixes I found don't work), although if I allow the program (after all other files have been loaded) to search and download a newer version, that the VDF_J_DVD139_5 file will then load. But afterward the program will error out when it's connected to the vehicle and tries to load data after recognizing the VIN.

So I've ordered an XP OS with SP3, which is supposed to be compatible with Mongoose JLR V139. I'll see how that goes. I've been working at this pretty steadily for several days, trying different configurations.

Regarding the question of whether Mongoose will work with earlier than 2005 models, what I've picked up is that it should work with 1999-2014 Jaguar, but only 2005-2014 Land Rover. At least that's what's clearly stated about MongoosePro in some of the literature.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Don B
Hi veffremov,

I've heard a few rumors about problems like yours, but fortunately, my clone has been working fine for over a year, and I bought the cheapest one I could find. Makes you wonder.

Cheers,

Don
I also got the cheapest one I could get. My first one died day 2. The replacement worked for quite a while, but eventually I plugged it while the LEDs were red and that was the end of it's life - you can actually smell something burned inside the tool. Now my 3rd one is not getting a lot of mileage.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 456 Likes on 299 Posts

Hi guys. Just came across your very interesting thread.

I have a 2003 XKR and just loaded SDD and IDS onto an old laptop I have. Took some doing but now it appears to be working ok, my laptop battery died so i cannot do anymore until tomorrow morning.

What surprised me is that I thought with my 2003 car the software would say something equivalent to "too old" boot me out and put me on to IDS but it went straight into SDD picked up the VIN and seems to be working ok.

Mainly fiddling at the moment try to see what it can do so not really done much before the laptop battery died.

Quick question with all the opening and closing etc trying to get it to work I have accumulated a lot of sessions on the lap top. How do you delete them? I want to start afresh. I cannot work it out. I assume there is a log file somewhere but i cannot see it.

Can anyone help me out and tell me how to clear sessions? Thanks

Old 01-27-2015, 08:58 AM
Veteran Member

No one?

Old 01-27-2015, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by frankc
Quick question with all the opening and closing etc trying to get it to work I have accumulated a lot of sessions on the lap top. How do you delete them? I want to start afresh. I cannot work it out. I assume there is a log file somewhere but i cannot see it.

Hi frankc,

Off the top of my head, my versions of SDD, V131.03 and V134, both give me the option to save a session or avoid saving it. If I choose to save the session, a file name and location shows up indicating where on the computer it is stored. I've never bothered to go look for those files, but I assume you can go to that folder and delete old sessions.

Also, when I start SDD, I get the option to either start a new session or continue the last session. Do you not get that option?

Are the accumulating sessions causing a performance issue, or do you just want to clear previously-entered symptoms?

Cheers,

Don

Old 01-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Veteran Member

I have been into settings and there is no way I can see of turning off the session logging. To make it worse when I recall a session I get an error message and I cannot see them.

As for looking at where they are saved I looked at that option. It just says something like C:/documentsandsettings/allusers and about 10 other items on the long long list which disappears off the end of the line. I am using a virtual machine to run the software and still trying to work out how to get windows explorer on it. I am sure its just a combination of keys.....

Will keep trying. Thanks for the replies.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:55 PM
Veteran Member

Sorted it. I did not appreciate that when you create a Virtual Machine to run your software you are also creating another C drive. I knew the files were being saved on the C drive but could not find them. Now I know why. There are TWO c drives on my computer.

Got there in the end. It will take time but I will get this SDD sorted.

Thanks for the help guys.

The following users liked this post:
Don B (01-27-2015)
Old 01-28-2015, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member

Another quick and easy, I hope, question for you guys.

In what format are the session files stored? Is it xml? For some reasons I cannot look at the session files when I click the read file in SDD. I just keep getting an error message. When you look at the "details" offered all you get is one big box of error messages mainly Java.

I know my VM can open a previous session. I also know it can read xml. But I cannot read the sessions so I can see the results of scans etc. Annoying. probably something simple but I cannot get the ***** to work.

Thanks

Old 02-02-2015, 08:29 AM
Veteran Member

Given up on my version. Spent 16 hours downloading V139 and another stint overnight installing it.

All I need now is a username and password for it to work (hint)

Old 02-02-2015, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by frankc
In what format are the session files stored? Is it xml?

I think I recall that the files are hexidecimal. Search that term on the forum and you may find a post from the member who figured that out.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello People,
i have buy the JLR Mongoose Pro and have install it. Now after 3 days my Session is expired. Must i reinstall the ssd or is there a other way to start new session ?

Thank you for Help !

Old 07-24-2016, 03:23 PM

Shakall,

SDD needs a TOPIx subscription to work. They have gone to great lengths to prevent unauthorized use. You only change for another 3 day freebie is to re-install windows.

If you use a virtual machine software like virtualbox - you can snapshot your windows virtual machine before you start your first session, next time you want to use SDD re-start from that snapshot.

This however does not last long because at some point the software starts insisting it is too old and needs updating. You can try setting the date in the past, but thy have a clockback detection and if it catches you you have to start from the snapshot again.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:26 PM

Thank you i will reinstall the ssd software and try to make it whit the virtualbox i hope i know it hehehe. Your Help was Perfekt ! Thank you

Old 10-13-2016, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by annamiata
Just in on click search, I found wide range of pricing for Mangoose reader.

thank you

JLR Mangoose V139 for Jaguar and for Land Rover_Best Quality

V139 JLR Mangoose SDD Pro for Jaguar and Land Rover Support till Year 2014

V139 Mangoose Pro for Jaguar and Land Rover For JLR Mangoose pro V139 Support Till 2014

V139 JLR Mangoose SDD Pro for Jaguar and Land Rover Support Till 2014

V139 JLR Mangoose Pro for Jaguar and for Land Rover Support till 2014
Find a post about newest JLR SDD2 V147 Free download:
Free Download JLR SDD2 V147 for Landrover & Jaguar Diagnostic Tool | | car diagnostic tool

JLR SDD2 supports Land Rover and Jaguar Scan tool Diagnostics, Vehicle Reprogramming, immo key programming and Smart key system.

Quick Reply: Need help buying V139 JLR Mangoose SDD Pro