XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Rear entertainment..any good....10 years on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear entertainment..any good....10 years on?

Hi guy's,

Having strayed to Audi 18 months ago...Im wanting to come back into the fold. Ive always wanted every bell, whistle and button possible, so i think I'm after an early-ish x350 ( probably a sovereign) LWB with rear entertainment. I realise that these are ten years old now so they wont have digital TV and I think the DVD player is in the boot. I have two young children - in child seats, that's why I want the LWB, so the youngest doesnt kick the back of the drivets seat. But mainly on long journeys they'll watch a dvd each.

My current S8 makes do with portable dvd players attached to the headrests which we transfer into our Disco 3 when in that. Seems acceptable.

The main point of my question is,
1. Given the setup of the built in system, can it be modified so the DVD player is accessible from the rear seats, or is there an alternative?

2. Less important..but can the no digital tv be swapped.

3. As these models attract a higher premium, is it worth it now with what would be expected with modern demands. Or should I go for a model without rear TVs and stick with our current setup.

Whats your thoughts.

Thanks

Dave
Durham
UK

Old 04-16-2017, 03:06 PM
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

The rear entertainment system has composite video input, so you can plug a different source. That said an iPad has bigger screen and games and is nowhere as clunky.