XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

XJR upgraded sport exhaust manifolds - gauging interest

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 10:43 AM
Received 214 Likes on 113 Posts

Picture of the exhaust system, note sport cats are not included but can be supplied at extra cost.

The following users liked this post:
Panthro (04-20-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Wow those are really good numbers. Being quiet has its price.

All I have done was fitted a Arden back half exhaust years back. It’s 2 1/4 inch however. Gives a little hum and likely little to no power.

Have you thought about using a perforated x pipe resonator two in two out ? I’ve used the dynomax ultraflow x on my xkr and several other vehicles I’ve owned and am impressed with the sound. They are also pretty much free flowing dynomax provides the flow ratings.

i did send you a private message a few days back as I’m kind of in a spot with my xjr. If you have any advice I’d appreciate. Also with this exhaust, what do you believe charges would be entering into the states plus shipping.

Many thanks

damon

Old 02-17-2020, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long tube headers?

Originally Posted by caldoofy
Hi all my cars been away for the best part of a week having these branched manifolds fabricated, the company who has made them is quite prepared to jig up to produce more if there is an interest.

Attachment 150581

The setup will be pair of upgraded 4 into 1 manifolds, sport cats and down pipes as pictured they have been made the same for both sides so should have no clearance issues on LHD cars but obviously the first person with a LHD will receive a discount to be the trial car to prove this out.

So I guess the question is would anyone be interested in this setup?
where can I get it, I have a 2008 XJ Superv8

Old 02-18-2020, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Zayne Anderson
where can I get it, I have a 2008 XJ Superv8
Zayne,

Send me a pm and we can go from there.

Best regards,

John

Old 03-06-2020, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Badcatv8
Hi Guys.

I'm new to the Forum and noticed this post. I designed these stainless 4-2-1 headers and have them fabricated specifically for XK8/R and XJR and they do fit in the engine bay. They require bespoke downpipes / CATS as the collector boxes and flanges are of course lower down. The CATS sit under / just aft of the bulkhead.

They are currently installed on both road and race cars in the UK, Australia / America and Germany.

Edited by Mod Team
I am interested I believe these might fir my 2004 Ford Thunderbird AJV8 3.9L V8

Old 03-06-2020, 10:09 AM

I am very interested

Old 03-07-2020, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by RMarsh
I am very interested
I can supply them so let me know, price is above ( if you don't need the sport cats the pair of manifolds on their own would be £1300 plus delivery).

Thanks

Old 06-15-2020, 11:30 PM

Hi all my cars been away for the best part of a week having these branched manifolds fabricated, the company who has made them is quite prepared to jig up to produce more if there is an interest.

Attachment 150581

The setup will be pair of upgraded 4 into 1 manifolds, sport cats and down pipes as pictured they have been made the same for both sides so should have no clearance issues on LHD cars but obviously the first person with a LHD will receive a discount to be the trial car to prove this out.

yes can I get the info

Old 06-24-2020, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by dave sergio
yes can I get the info
Info all above pm me to go through any questions you may have.

Old 02-03-2021, 08:39 AM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Attachment 150581

I'm thinking of buying an x350 XJR to modify like this, I was hoping to make the runners equal length because I love the exotic, high pitched sound that creates.

You must have a good knowledge of what is possible within the limited space, do you think there enough space to slot 4 runner pipes down the same path as a standard down tube, ending with 2 merge collectors in the same position as the original cats? The 4 resulting pipes from both sides could meet in a 4-1 merge collector behind the transmission.

Alternatively I was thinking about 4 long runner tubes on either side merging into a 4-1 collector, again just behind the transmission, then into a Y pipe to merge with the other side,

Both solutions would require placing a single cat after the final merge.

If I can get my future Jag to sound like this I'd be happy:

Old 02-04-2021, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by SABARRAS
I'm thinking of buying an x350 XJR to modify like this, I was hoping to make the runners equal length because I love the exotic, high pitched sound that creates.

You must have a good knowledge of what is possible within the limited space, do you think there enough space to slot 4 runner pipes down the same path as a standard down tube, ending with 2 merge collectors in the same position as the original cats? The 4 resulting pipes from both sides could meet in a 4-1 merge collector behind the transmission.

Alternatively I was thinking about 4 long runner tubes on either side merging into a 4-1 collector, again just behind the transmission, then into a Y pipe to merge with the other side,

Both solutions would require placing a single cat after the final merge.

If I can get my future Jag to sound like this I'd be happy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4op...nYenh&index=16
Anything is possible with enough development time and money but it is really tight on there and there are various obstacles to negotiate so my initial response would be no it won't work. On a forced induction engine the effect of scavenging is less pronounced than on Na, so long as the manifold is of the non interference type the runners being equal will give little ( if any) gain on the supercharged engine.

These manifolds are proven 30hp at the wheels gain, save yourself some money and get a set bought . I will have to do a video of mine the sound is great.

The following 2 users liked this post by caldoofy:
jazzyjags (02-04-2021), Panthro (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 12:57 PM
Thumbs up

Anything is possible with enough development time and money but it is really tight on there and there are various obstacles to negotiate so my initial response would be no it won't work. On a forced induction engine the effect of scavenging is less pronounced than on Na, so long as the manifold is of the non interference type the runners being equal will give little ( if any) gain on the supercharged engine.

These manifolds are proven 30hp at the wheels gain, save yourself some money and get a set bought . I will have to do a video of mine the sound is great.
That power increase is very impressive, looking forward to hearing it.
I'm fascinated by the equal length sound although if your Jag sounds like a muscle car, that's cool too.
I don't own the X350 XJR yet, once I've sold my flat here in Paris, I'll be returning to the UK so I am researching bargain performance cars to upgrade, the light weight of the X350 makes it very attractive.

The following users liked this post:
Panthro (02-04-2021)
Old 02-06-2021, 02:27 PM

I found this video showing the difference between unequal and equal length manifold runners if anyone is interested.
UEL creates the classic burble sound whereas EL smooths out the burbles and sounds like it's idling faster. Acceleration sounds more aggressive and higher pitched with EL headers. The Mustang owner noticed a clear reduction in interior noise with EL, I doubt that would be noticeable in a Jag XJR though.

Last edited by SABARRAS; 02-06-2021 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-21-2021, 07:18 AM
Default Manifold

Originally Posted by Badcatv8
Hi Guys.

I'm new to the Forum and noticed this post. I designed these stainless 4-2-1 headers and have them fabricated specifically for XK8/R and XJR and they do fit in the engine bay. They require bespoke downpipes / CATS as the collector boxes and flanges are of course lower down. The CATS sit under / just aft of the bulkhead.

They are currently installed on both road and race cars in the UK, Australia / America and Germany.

Edited by Mod Team
still have these available? Looking for header options for my 2004 xjr (x350) located in Boston , Massachusetts USA

Old 11-16-2021, 03:03 PM
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Are these still available? Interested in an exhaust system, headers and all for my 2007 Jaguar XJ8. Definitely interested in this exhaust system with cats.

Old 11-22-2021, 06:03 PM
Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

....These manifolds are proven 30hp at the wheels gain, save yourself some money and get a set bought . I will have to do a video of mine the sound is great.
Was the video of sound ever created?

Old 08-09-2022, 09:18 PM
Default Caldoofy Headers

Can you confirm availability of headers, cats and exhaust system to fit 2004 Jaguar XJ X350 XJR?

If available where can items be purchased

Attachment 150581

Old 08-10-2022, 03:59 AM

Pm replied to,

Small update.

All elements still available to order.

Currently absorbing the increases in raw material costs.

Shipping costs abroad (ie out of UK) are very expensive.

There has also been a set of manifolds fitted to a LHD car so they do fit those cars too.

I am looking for the video I took to upload to YouTube and then I will link.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:26 PM
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I am interested in a set FOR LHD. I am in Canada. I may want to ship to my cousin in Ipswich. I am originally from the UK.

Old 08-25-2022, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by karlward96
I am interested in a set FOR LHD. I am in Canada. I may want to ship to my cousin in Ipswich. I am originally from the UK.
Send me a pm and we can go from there, should be noted though that shipping will be very expensive!

Quick Reply: XJR upgraded sport exhaust manifolds - gauging interest