XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Adamesh Exhaust upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts

It's a very interesting system. I read somewhere on this forum that the company making that system did no longer produce the exhaust manifolds they have on their website and they don't update their website, so I'm not sure if you'll be able to buy that. Let me know if you find out. 😊

Old 08-31-2017, 02:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Any news?

Old 08-31-2017, 03:31 PM

Unfortunately no. I'm now chatting with these guys on a daily basis and being a pita as the delivery is one week overdue. Still have not been able to receive a confirmed delivery date, but I think I'll know more for sure tomorrow. It's really driving me insane as I'm driving around with an old crappy exhaust that sounds awful.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:38 AM

It's finally being shipped on Friday. So I'll have it fitted by next week I guess.

In case you are interested here is some additional information about quicksilver and this sports exhaust :
QuickSilver are a manufacturer of exhaust systems, and we manufacture in bulk. The Jaguar X300 exhaust is a system we used to manufacture in bulk, and hold in stock, but as the value of the cars began to drop, the exhaust became less popular. Therefore it became a system that only true enthusiasts would buy (on account of the value of the exhaust vs the value of the car).

As a niche exhaust system, we decided to confine the system to our 'non-current catalogue'. Which means it's built to order. This is where the time frame comes in to play.

We manufacture exhaust systems in large numbers often 50 / 100 units at a time, and our production schedule is set up to 3 months in advance. So when we get requests for one off systems, we like to do them, but we have to try and fit them in with our existing production schedule, so that the customer doesn't have to wait 3 months to get their exhaust.

We've been going since 1973 and our focus is on premium cars. Sports Cars, Super Cars, SUV's and classic cars. We even manufacture systems for the Aston DB4, 5 & 6's in 100% titanium!

So we do all kinds of crazy exhausts for premium cars. All designed manufactured and built in house, exclusively in the U.K.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:01 AM

Finally!!!!

Old 09-18-2017, 01:25 PM
Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Looks great... big tips haha. This with a proper stainless tubular manifold would sound great, no doubt release some more horsepower and punch up the response.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:52 AM

Removed the old remaining exhaust last night but couldnt get the car raised high enough to fit the new bits. Fortunately a local garage will fit it for me during the day, so I'll pick it up in a few hours.
It made a hell of a noise though as I drove it 5 minute to the garage with only half the exhaust fitted.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:14 PM

First impressions;

Sorry, no video yet but it's coming.
After a few anxious hours at work, I received a call from the garage. " Are you sure you got the right system for your car?? Its about 25 cm too long and doesn't seem to match very well..." They sent me this photo as well.

I called Quicksilver immidiatly and they asked me to check the production number so they could check if something wrong had happened.
Now I have to say Quicksilver has been nothing but excellent all the way in their communication and service, apart from the fact that it took 2 months to receive the system.
As this is built as a one off there wasn't really any chance that they could have sent me a wrong system. We agreed to send pictures and check that it was the actual system, and that we should simply chop and weld. " better it's too long than too short".

I called my mechanic and gave them permission to chop and weld.
Picked up the car a few hours later and found it still on the ramp, almost finished.
My mechanic said the fitting is really not perfect, maybe not even length on left and right, and the clamps they sent were too big.
He chopped of about 6-7 cm on both sides and welded back on the first piece. Like this:

There was a small exhaust leak here when we started it because these clamps were not strong enough too tighten properly. Used some exhaust repair paste/gum.

We could also see that the pipe on the left side were closer to the tire , when compairing with the right side:
Right

Even some uneven height on this photo but managed to level it out better... :
Left side lower than right
The job took about 2 hours instead of the planned 30 minutes.

Started the car and could immediately hear a more bass sound in the exhaust note. A few revs and there was no doubt that the car sounded sportier and somewhat louder.

Drove it for 20 minutes and it was a thrill. When flooring it really screams in a sporty but yet mannered fashion. It sounds a lot better.
There is some more bass and a more noticeable exhaust note inside the car but absolutely not too much. Took it on the highway and there wasn't much difference until i kicked down the pedal.

So the sound is great and it feels responsive. I will film it as soon as possible , to get an impression from the outside. I'm also curious to hear this.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,383 Likes on 1,087 Posts

..........Your pipes are clean ........... ...........The LWB models of the X300 are 6 inches longer . You have the shorter Sovereign like Lady P . I'm looking for more bass vs. higher pitched trumpet of a toy car . If you are interested , the back seat walnut tables will easily bolt on as the hardware receptacles are already built into the front seat back main body when you remove the plastic rear shell , I checked . Even the side controls are already there ready to go . Lady P whispered in my ear that she would like them as you can easily see them above the window .

Last edited by Lady Penelope; 09-19-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:52 PM

Yeah I'd like those too.
I asked quicksilver about the lwb but they said they always built the swb version unless told otherwise.
So, I don't get it. But it's on now. And happy.. at least with the exhaust. I have some other issue to tackle of course.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:05 PM
Veteran Member

Watch for color match as you need the taller shells from the donor car . The color code is on the car in the trunk I believe . If the color does not match you can spray them with latex only paint . Do a test piece first as the color changes when dried .

Attached Thumbnails Adamesh Exhaust upgrade-1996-jaguar-dps-picnic-tables.jpg  

Last edited by Lady Penelope; 09-19-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:30 AM

Nice to see your new exhaust! I'm waiting for movies!

I think you should consider hiding a little the tips, they are too far from the end of the back bumper, the left tip is also not correctly aligned. what is also strange that the length of both pipes are different (pic with catalytic pipes and other)
looks strange... on the desk, they had the same length?

Old 09-23-2017, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sceleton
Nice to see your new exhaust! I'm waiting for movies!

I think you should consider hiding a little the tips, they are too far from the end of the back bumper, the left tip is also not correctly aligned. what is also strange that the length of both pipes are different (pic with catalytic pipes and other)
looks strange... on the desk, they had the same length?
Yes the tips will be adjusted a bit.. Not sure what happened regarding the length. It might have something to do with the fact that mine was imported from Germany. Not sure..
I'll try to make that video asap. It really does make a very pleasurable difference in sound and it also feels sportier. Feels like the tires are loosing grip more frequently now 😁

Old 09-26-2017, 11:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Quicksilver exhausts

My quicksilver sport exhaust also sounds great on my LHD Mk2.
Despite instructions, it came bent for a RHD car.
Our local expert fitted it properly, but not all stainless anymore.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:42 PM

Sorry for the delay, but here you go. Finally! I am definitely no movie maker, but I hope it captures the sound and feel of this system. I would recommend to plug in a headset for a better experience.

The following users liked this post:
hjsteadman (05-10-2019)
Old 09-30-2017, 02:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,049 Likes on 2,028 Posts

How do you find the noise at steady cruise, say 90-100 km/h?

Old 09-30-2017, 03:05 PM

It's noticeable when the engine has to work a bit uphill etc. But if you cruise at 100 without pushing the engine there is no difference compared to the original exhaust. But I must say, it is a sports exhaust. There is a difference. It's not too much of a drone but it might bother you if you prefer a silent jag.

Old 09-30-2017, 08:24 PM
Veteran Member

Now we're talking . Sounds like the spirit of a Jaguar

Old 10-04-2017, 10:25 AM

Yeeeah! The sound is great and deep!! You should only concider to cut these tips and use original ones. These dont fit very well and the design also

Last edited by Sceleton; 10-04-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:05 AM
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

UK roads look beautiful. I need to move lol