XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

How remove the front doors without remove the metallic lateral wing??

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 10:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How remove the front doors without remove the metallic lateral wing??

Dear friends,

I bought a Daimler Six (as Jaguar x300 model) with the same chassis of jaguar x300. The problem is that door frames have a lot of rust. I got a used doors and i have replaced the rear doors, but i don't know how can I remove the front doors without remove the front bumper and the front (lateral) metallic wing over the wheels because I can't access the screws that hold the door to the chassis.

Any idea???

Thanks!

Old 11-19-2017, 04:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,383 Likes on 1,087 Posts

The hinge pins themselves look to be some kind of bolt with nut arrangement . Once you can split the hinge and get the door itself out of the way , looks like a direct shot at the bolt heads holding the other hinge half to the car pillar A . Might be able to use a smaller diameter pin as a temporary hinge pin as you go through the removal / install sequence .

I myself have to do this as the right front door is a bit low

Old 11-19-2017, 06:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 903 Likes on 511 Posts

The bolt in the hinge is not actually the hinge pin but just a method of securing the hinge together. The door will sit and operate fine without the bolt.

To remove the door simply remove the bolt through the hinge pin, disconnect the door loom (do this on the chassis side not the door side) and feed through the grommet between the door and the body) then just lift the door off the hinge - care, it's heavy!

The following 2 users liked this post by b1mcp:
Lady Penelope (11-19-2017), Scotlad (11-19-2017)