XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Need part info for Hazard Flasher Relay 97 xj6L

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 09:18 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Need part info for Hazard Flasher Relay 97 xj6L

Good morning everyone! So nice to be able to have access to so much information. Really appreciate it.
My right turn signal works intermittently and because the hazards also do not work at the same time it was suggested to me to have the Hazard Flasher Relay replaced first. I contacted a Jag dealership here locally to ask for a quote and he cannot find anything like this in his catalogue. Does anyone know if this is part of an assembly? Or have a part no. or a better description for this part? Really need my right turn signal to work!!!

Old 09-07-2017, 02:18 PM

Ok so an update.. I was told that there is no hazard Flasher relay on this model.. that I need to look at the Lamp Control Module or LCM located in the boot on the right side and to check that for loose connection or corrosion etc.. check all the bulbs.
So, this could be why no one responded ??

Old 09-07-2017, 02:18 PM

Anyone know anything about the Lamp Control Module? Not the Lighting Control Module, apparently that is different.. thanks again!

Old 09-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,383 Likes on 1,087 Posts

The on the bulb contact wire loop can be sprung out to make better contact in socket . See the red dots . I would sometimes soldier on a bit of soldier in other applications and I saw this with mine . The 10 pin connectors right behind the 2 bumpers that the wires run through also get corroded and can be cleaned . Later will give you the print . 1995 has 2 as a rear and fwd lamp control modules and after that only 1 in the trunk fwd or relays . Hazard flasher comes out of the body control module . Lighing control module is for cabin and cockpit . Threre is a section of the body control module called lighting in lower attached print .

Hope this helps , Parker

Attached Thumbnails Need part info for Hazard Flasher Relay 97 xj6L-jaguar-blc-untitled.png   Need part info for Hazard Flasher Relay 97 xj6L-x300-l2-untitled.png   Need part info for Hazard Flasher Relay 97 xj6L-x300-l-untitled.png   Need part info for Hazard Flasher Relay 97 xj6L-x300-lmuntitled.png  

Last edited by Lady Penelope; 09-07-2017 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:26 AM

Happy Holidays everyone! I just want to update my post with the right signal intermittently not working. It was the LCM that needed to be replaced.. (Light Control Module?) .. I am glad it was not a wiring problem or anything tricky.. so happy to have the signal working again.. thank you to everyone that shared their opinions on this..Jagicon 97 xj6L Love It!