XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

No crank here but im real cranky

Old 04-07-2018, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No crank here but im real cranky

It all started when my battery when dead from sitting w amplifiers left on .I did park the running car... So trying to find the problem I dropped a tester and it shorted from the positive stud post on firewall drivers side to grounded metal parts. In same location just arced for a split second ... After that then I could no longer crank starter I've

Old 04-07-2018, 10:11 AM
Default No crank here but im real cranky

It all started when my battery when dead from sitting w amplifiers left on .I did park the running car... So trying to find the problem I dropped a tester and it shorted from the positive stud post on firewall drivers side to grounded metal parts. In same location just arced for a split second ... After that then I could no longer crank starter I've checked power all 4 fuse panels have power all fuses good all relays that I'm aware of I have removed and bench tested .I've checked inertia switch ok Symptoms are this

Old 04-07-2018, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Wade Erickson
It all started when my battery when dead from sitting w amplifiers left on .I did park the running car... So trying to find the problem I dropped a tester and it shorted from the positive stud post on firewall drivers side to grounded metal parts. In same location just arced for a split second ... After that then I could no longer crank starter I've
[QUOTE=Wade Erickson;1872643]It all started when my battery when dead from sitting w amplifiers left on .I did park the running car... So trying to find the problem I dropped a tester and it shorted from the positive stud post on firewall drivers side to grounded metal parts. In same location just arced for a split second ... After that then I could no longer crank starter I've checked power all 4 fuse panels have power all fuses good all relays that I'm aware of I have removed and bench tested .I've checked inertia switch ok Symptoms are this[ now fuel door locked won't open... no alarm... no turn signals or overhead lights inside car I've tested starter, solenoid , red p on gear shift but still locked in park I can start car by manually squeezing start relay I have two keys chances of transponders both out I doubt inertia switch h ok I read codes and says nothing. Could it be the body controls module or processor security system now makes no sounds at all whatsoever can I reset this somehow ... valet switch have a part to do with this ??? Am i
stuck in demobilization √•€^^°°=÷^¥¥®]}{??!!! Please help me I need my car real. Bad thank-you

Old 04-07-2018, 11:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,383 Likes on 1,087 Posts

We'll split the starter rotation problem in halve by seeing if the starter relay clicks when attempting to start . For reference , what year is yours as they're pretty much the same 95 ,96,and 97 . Can you describe the area of the tool dropping and if you notice any burn marks as the tool made it's journey towards mother earth ?

" positive stud post on firewall drivers side to grounded metal parts " Got it

Pulling the colored wiring print I made off my moms refrigerator

By the 4 king relays clicking in the corners of the fuse boxes with the exception of the LH engine fuse box ( horn relay ) you have verified the fuses from the battery have not blown . Lets get deeper .

Last edited by Lady Penelope; 04-07-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:09 PM
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2018, 12:47 PM
Veteran Member

I doubt if you fried anything since you removed or dropped voltage on the battery bus and a reset to zero state on something like the BCM might restore everything .

Have you removed the B + battery terminal for a while ?

Next thing would be a " Hard Reset " by having the key in the on position and removing both battery terminals off then touching them together for a while , turn the key off and reconnecting the battery .

Old 04-29-2018, 08:09 PM
Default Thank you for responding

Sorry I've been busy out if state but I'm back and going to try right now !!

Old 04-29-2018, 09:05 PM
Veteran Member

Shall we play