Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj6-xjr6-x300-26/)
-   -   Where to source these weather pack connectors (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj6-xjr6-x300-26/where-source-these-weather-pack-connectors-202666/)

al_roethlisberger 06-02-2018 10:06 PM

Where to source these weather pack connectors

1 Attachment(s)
While cleaning the two big barrel-shaped weather pack connectors in the front right corner behind the headlights, both of their seals stuck and tore when reassembled.

One connector is gray, and the second connector is black.

Does anyone know where to source these connectors so I can rebuild them?

Also curious what circuits run through these two.

Lady Penelope 06-02-2018 10:55 PM

I downloaded someones catalog PDF file on all the connectors on the X300 but recently looked for it to no avail . I'll look again under all PDFs by file size .

But here is the Ford / X308

Excuse me for a minute while I fix my computer:icon_hunter:

al_roethlisberger 06-03-2018 09:43 AM

Thanks, I've got them sealed up with a ton of dieletric grease for now, so they should be relatively water-tight now. Heck, it may be good enough forever, but it bugs me knowing the seal is ruined.

I'll also keep an eye out for in the local wrecking yards for an X300 I can perhaps take one from. I just heed the female half.

Worst case, I can rebuild them with actual AMP Weather Pack connectors of a different type. That might end up being four connectors instead of two, but the AMP ones are indestructible.

Ideally I'd like to keep it stock though.

Any idea what runs through those connectors?

Vee 06-05-2018 06:58 AM

Looks like a Sumitomo 14 way

V126man 06-05-2018 07:31 AM

Jaguar X300 connectors

1 Attachment(s)
From memory the connector is likley to be from the AMP econoseal range.
If you look at the electrical section of the service manual near the start there is a Connectors section that has illustrations of the different connectors that are used. Econseal connectors should be widely available at low cost. You can even buy the individual connector blades and small rubber plug seals where the cables enter the plug body.
AMP sealed connector catalogue attached.

Lady Penelope 06-05-2018 09:59 AM

If you look on page 11 you will see the connector for the ECU as both sides but you need the 36 pin version as product # 344108-1 for the male side . The backshell for the ECU male pin side comes already with the pins installed and " Q " in Hong Kong has replaced this male side of the connector .

Vee 06-05-2018 05:25 PM

Yes, the ECU connector is an Econoseal connector, but I didn’t think that’s what the OP was asking for. If you google “Sumitomo 14 way”, I’ll be damned if the picture of the connector does show up!

Lady Penelope 06-05-2018 05:47 PM

Running multiple topics for different connectors with the same person

Vee 06-05-2018 08:08 PM

Oh. The ECU connector is an Econoseal 344111-1 for the female side.