XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

XJ6-XJR swap....

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XJ6-XJR swap....

I have a 1996 XJ6 in great shape, needs a few minor fixes (sunroof tracks broken, minor dents and scratches, and middle console drink holder broken and leather ripped on it. Car isnt starting , I have no fuel pump and ignition isnt giving me any spark...alternator is seized as well...
I went to pick up an alternator and realized the donor car of the alternator is a perfect donor for a full swap interior and drive train.
The car is a 1996 XJR supercharged 6cyl. under 100000km and the seats dash etc is in showroom condition...other than the airbags deployed from the accident. I also am likely to swap in all the suspension axles etc to the XJ6

Has anyone done one of these swaps before and is there anything I should know before starting the project?

Old 05-06-2010, 10:17 PM

I just read sevral threads and noticed one mentioning the lower rad hose is rather expensive to change.. Is this something i should do for precautionary measures while the engine is out o the car? I am assuming the cost is due to inaccesibility? I would also love to hear any input any of you have regarding any maintenance and or major issues these motors may have that i can rectify much easier while i have it pulled out of the engine bay so i have simpler access.
I havent been his excited about playing with a car since i had my race ported RX3 engine delivered from south america when i was building my rx7! I can't wait or the car to be in my driveway so i can start the project..

Old 05-07-2010, 03:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Subscribed.

Hi bigexpectations, we naturally expect a fully documented ongoing pictorial report of what should be a great rebuild.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:54 AM

without a doubt.. I will for sure be keeping you all updated as th project starts...

If anyone needs parts for their car.. please feel free to inquire.. I have 2 sets of everything and it is all functional.. less the middle console.. th one in the xj6 is ripped and the cup holder is broken.
interior color opn both cars is a light beige with exception of the xjr with a black middle console and dash.. but i will be parting out everything and anythin i do not use and assure it will be cheaper than usual used cost. I much rather parts go and b used than sit and wait for top dollar.. I will post something on the parts section as i get started and know what i need to kep and dont need.. for now any switches etc can be accesssed and sunroof motor etc.. feel free to inquire guys.