XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Xjr 6 running good but has a miss

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xjr 6 running good but has a miss

Hello,
My xjr6 is running and has a slight miss. It also still idles high after it has been warmed up. I replaced all the spark plugs and have put three bottles of injector cleaner in there. I drive her everyday but still feel a slight miss in the engine. Took out all the spark plugs but only three from Bank one were carbon fouled the other bank spark plugs were clean. What could cause fouling in the first bank and not the second bank?
Awhile back it did not pass emissions had High Co and computer indicated a rich condition on bank one. What should I look for? BTW I have sold off all my cars and this will be my daily driver. Also all four O2 sensors have been replaced. Thanks again in advanced you guys are the experts.
Take care
Bas

Old 05-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm not an expert, but could it be a coil? Who installed the O2s? You might have a bad new O2 in the second bank or if it was touched. I'm sure someone can correct me on this one. I do believe if you touch the tip of an O2 it will malfunction. Any check engine lights? I know with the proper test equipment you should resync the up and down stream O2. My mechanic ran a program that maps out output of the O2 from up to down stream. I can't say this will solve your problem, but a couple of suggestions. Mine 96 XJR6 had a miss and I was getting a rich code every couple weeks. We found out I had two dead downstream O2 and an exhaust leak. I'm hoping to pick up the car Saturday.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks for the info

Thanks for the reply.I installed the O2 sensors and was carefull. Did not resink the sensors. It is also using a lot of gas. The misfire only happens when she is warm. the idle also fluctuates up and down like it can't make up its mind. The car starts up great and has never stalled. I checked the codes and coputer is showing zero but shows a pending code or monitors have not been reset. After driving, when I put her in park the idle is also a bit high about 1100 rpm. Thanks Bas