Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj6-xjr6-x300-26/)
-   -   Are you there Lady P? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj6-xjr6-x300-26/you-there-lady-p-216808/)

b1mcp 04-23-2019 04:58 PM

Are you there Lady P?

Hey Parker, I haven't seen any posts from you for a while. Hope you're OK buddy.

Send us a Papa Indy 1 diagram to let us know all is well.

Scotlad 04-25-2019 09:24 AM

I did a forum search of Lady P posts and the last one was on 4-7-2019. Parker was on here every day and I hope nothing happened to him. He did suffer a stroke a while back but it looked like from his posts that he had made a decent recovery.

Parker 04-30-2019 09:54 AM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...4c3c537a5f.gif

I awoke when someone mentioned they owe me a bucket of beer , the kind not made with corn syrup

b1mcp 04-30-2019 03:12 PM

Good to have you back with us.

Scotlad 04-30-2019 07:29 PM

Glad to see you back but I see you changed your name on here and you a junior member? I don't think so.

al_roethlisberger 05-01-2019 03:11 PM

So what happened, why the userid change?

....still “Thunderbirds” related though I see :)

Parker 05-01-2019 10:28 PM

Thunderbirds are go

The dark forces on the internet have dealt my computer a crippling blow

Only opens in safe mode so no internet , but my hard drive and files are OK

Using my brother's computer until resolved but I haven't been able to retrieve original Lady Penelope password as I never wrote it down

So I opened a second username to get through

Not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree :icon_playing:

I don't know if the Parker PM works but I do know the Thanks and Edit do not , but minor detail at this time

Thanks , Parker , Lady Penelope's ( the car ) mechanic

al_roethlisberger 05-02-2019 07:14 AM

You should be able to reset your old Lady P password and have the temp password sent to your email?

snowball 05-03-2019 07:03 AM

Great to hear from you Parker! You helped so many as well as myself.
Snowball

cdma 05-03-2019 07:41 PM

Life is good again. Glad to see you are back

Don B 05-04-2019 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Parker (Post 2064057)
Using my brother's computer until resolved but I haven't been able to retrieve original Lady Penelope password as I never wrote it down

Hi Parker,

So glad you are well and back among us!

I have inquired of the powers that be as to whether you may be able to recover your password for the Lady P username. Lady Penelope has achieved such legendary status that I would hate for you to lose the use of it.

Hopefully you will be notified with a solution.

Cheers,

Don

Parker 05-04-2019 04:29 PM

Thanks Don B.

I will be using my brothers computer until I resolve what is going on with mine

Retrieving the Lady Penelope password in the normal process did not work as it did not recognize the computer

I sent a message last week from the bottom of the screen page icon " contact us " titled " X300 Password " with a forward address

The Parker PM looks like it would work

Is there a way to remove the phone alerts and separate e-mail alerts which bothers my brother

I rattled around and could not find as this computer is lacking full features somehow to open options page like username small picture below it

I get to tune up a 85 series 3 / XJ6 on Monday

Don B 05-04-2019 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Parker (Post 2065398)
Is there a way to remove the phone alerts and separate e-mail alerts which bothers my brother

Graham (GGG) is working on enabling you to reset your Lady P password and will let you know.

Can you elaborate on "the phone alerts and separate e-mail alerts"? I'm not sure what you are describing.

I think if you get your post count up in the next day or so you should have PM privileges for Parker if you don't already. FYI, clicking the Like button for the posts of others adds to your personal post total, so it's a quick way to get your post count up.

Cheers,

Don

Lady Penelope 06-05-2019 03:43 PM

Just purchased a new computer so back for duty under the Lady Penelope user name ( the car's name )