Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj8-xjr-x308-27/)
-   -   CD changer error E-01 SOLVED!!! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj8-xjr-x308-27/cd-changer-error-e-01-solved-45004/)

2004x-type 11-04-2010 12:48 PM

CD changer error E-01 SOLVED!!!

I have an '02 XJR, and when I went to play some cd's, my screen showed an error code. E-01. I called a few guys and they were going to charge me over 300 dollars to get it fixed, or have to buy a new one! So I opened up that little sliding door on the cover, took a flat head screw driver, and shoved it in between the case that holds the CD's, and the player. I lifted up the case a bit, and hit the button, and nothing. I messed with it for a few seconds, and all of a sudden, I got it in the right spot with the right force, and it popped out!!!!!!!! Dont waste your money on a new one, or on having someone else do the same thing. This only took a few seconds! Hopefully it will work for you too

Jagtec1 11-04-2010 05:20 PM

It'll happen again, most likely.

porkenstein 07-08-2011 09:26 AM

This is an older thread but this is what is happening to my changer. I can eject it and put it back in and it works for a while. Is my changer shot or is there a fix?

porkenstein 07-08-2011 11:13 AM

never mind

MyBabiesXJ6 12-25-2011 10:51 PM

I bought my wife a 93 XJ6/XJ40 Sovereign. I then purchased her a cd changer for
this car which was throwing an error code E01. Our manual said dealer....this awesome site explained potential ways to correct this.

Removal and opening the cd changer, manually ejecting the mag ( by rotating the drive gear for the mag eject with your finger-not prying on it), re-connecting the changer with the mag removed allowing the changer to cycle / reset and send the no mag message to radio, and THEN re-installing cd mag and it works like a dream!!!

Cadillac 12-26-2011 03:55 AM

Good for you , it's good to find cheap solutions rather than expensive replacements

psmart2000 01-15-2013 08:02 AM

As a matter of interest is it still working like a dream. I only ask as my CD changer has just given me a CDC Error and I have opened the unit and manually turned the gear to unblock the error and it works OK for now but is it temporary.

Russell11 08-10-2013 08:38 AM

Hello Guys
Can I get a non Jaguar CD stacker installed in my 2002 S-Type as the original no longer works? I have factory installed satnav.
Best wishes
Russell

Ian E Huntingdon 04-28-2015 05:36 AM

Why?

Josh Adams 09-04-2017 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by 2004x-type (Post 265132)
I have an '02 XJR, and when I went to play some cd's, my screen showed an error code. E-01. I called a few guys and they were going to charge me over 300 dollars to get it fixed, or have to buy a new one! So I opened up that little sliding door on the cover, took a flat head screw driver, and shoved it in between the case that holds the CD's, and the player. I lifted up the case a bit, and hit the button, and nothing. I messed with it for a few seconds, and all of a sudden, I got it in the right spot with the right force, and it popped out!!!!!!!! Dont waste your money on a new one, or on having someone else do the same thing. This only took a few seconds! Hopefully it will work for you too

Thank you soooo much for this info, that's exactly what mine did, I was so bummed I wasn't going to be able to play my CDs.. but it's all fixed now and switches and plays my CDs!!! Thanks again!!!

Mark SF 09-05-2017 09:23 AM

It'll happen again, with greater and greater frequency.