Details on Win7 64 bit new install method & new JTIS21 XJ series archive - Page 3 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 )
Reload this Page >

Details on Win7 64 bit new install method & new JTIS21 XJ series archive

Notices
XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Details on Win7 64 bit new install method & new JTIS21 XJ series archive

Old 11-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Veteran Member
Thanked 1,538 Times in 855 Posts

Try opening some of the DTC summary PDF files directly from the C:\JTIS21\DATA\DTCEN folder using Adobe Reader.

If you can open them, then there is a problem with your JTIS software install, otherwise there is a different problem with your PC.

Here is a JPEG file (I created) partial listing of that folder showing the PDF files in that folder (I added the model year and model type next to the PDF file name:

Jim Lombardi

Attached Thumbnails Details on Win7 64 bit new install method & new JTIS21 XJ series archive-jaguar-xj-partial-list-dtc-pdf-files-jtis-folders.jpg  

Last edited by jimlombardi; 11-14-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:01 PM

Has anyone been able to get this to run on Windows 10 ?.

New machine came with Windows 10 but I would really like to have this available but don't have the computer know how to do it.

Old 06-24-2016, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by tberry6686 View Post
Has anyone been able to get this to run on Windows 10 ?.

New machine came with Windows 10 but I would really like to have this available but don't have the computer know how to do it.
I have windows 1o also and am having trouble, will try working on getting possible download

Old 05-29-2017, 10:35 PM

Greetings All XJ8 Enthusiasts:

Well, believe it or not, you CAN get the JTIS working with Windows 10. And, relatively simply.

1. First, above all, perform an ISO system back-up (e.g. with WD back-up).

2. You have to do a stand-alone "Windows Help" fix.

3. You have to do the DAO350 install/fix separately.

Follow all the instructions (found in google/jagforums search) for each step.

You do not have to create a separate XP/W7/W8, etc. virtual environment; just get DAO 350 DLL in your registry.

Get these two doc engines installed in Win 10 and you'll have no problems.

Good hunting!

The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Thompson For This Useful Post:
euphonium01 (03-27-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 08:40 PM

jimlombardi, what a fab tool JTIS21 is! I wasn't sure at first if it would run a Windows 10 x64Bit machine, but with some wangling I have it running fine, including ALL the PDF's for maintenance, battery care etc.

After first loading the Program, it kept crashing as soon as I clicked on 'Service' and then it crashed out. As is pointed out so many times it was the DAO350.dll problem, the 'Setup' in DAO Directory on Disk 1 wouldn't work for me saying "not available for this machine".

So I Googled 'DAO350 for Windows 10' and came up with the following site where it can be downloaded and the site also includes 5 different methods for installing DAO350 and making it work on a x64Bit machine (there's some very useful info above from Bill Thompson, Post #44).
Download Dao350.dll for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP

I used 'Method 1' and kept getting this error

So I tried the other Methods too, I honestly don't know which Method worked, but after restarting the computer following each Method, it worked... except for the PDF's!

Then I found a download for Acrobat X, loaded it... and yes... it does work on Windows 10 64Bit, even though I have Acrobat XI installed, though I did have to make Acrobat X my default viewer (I just use run Acrobat XI as and when needed).

I'm not a computer genius, but there was a smile when it all came up and working great, along with the 2.5k page Manual, it makes almost every job possible? I would like to add my thanks for all your hard work on this

The Following User Says Thank You to euphonium01 For This Useful Post:
Dan R (04-04-2018)
Old 03-28-2018, 10:38 AM

Got the whole JTIS21 running on Windows 10 x64bit, runs great. Only problem I have is the help files are unavailable, the Windows 8.1 Help-File download won't run on my system... any ideas anyone?

Old 04-04-2018, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by euphonium01 View Post
jimlombardi, what a fab tool JTIS21 is! I wasn't sure at first if it would run a Windows 10 x64Bit machine, but with some wangling I have it running fine, including ALL the PDF's for maintenance, battery care etc.

After first loading the Program, it kept crashing as soon as I clicked on 'Service' and then it crashed out. As is pointed out so many times it was the DAO350.dll problem, the 'Setup' in DAO Directory on Disk 1 wouldn't work for me saying "not available for this machine".

So I Googled 'DAO350 for Windows 10' and came up with the following site where it can be downloaded and the site also includes 5 different methods for installing DAO350 and making it work on a x64Bit machine (there's some very useful info above from Bill Thompson, Post #44).
Download Dao350.dll for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP

I used 'Method 1' and kept getting this error

So I tried the other Methods too, I honestly don't know which Method worked, but after restarting the computer following each Method, it worked... except for the PDF's!

Then I found a download for Acrobat X, loaded it... and yes... it does work on Windows 10 64Bit, even though I have Acrobat XI installed, though I did have to make Acrobat X my default viewer (I just use run Acrobat XI as and when needed).

I'm not a computer genius, but there was a smile when it all came up and working great, along with the 2.5k page Manual, it makes almost every job possible? I would like to add my thanks for all your hard work on this
I followed the set up as described above. I used the download from the link. It worked using the first method. I have not used Adobe Reader X as I need Reader DC on this machine. So I cannot open the JTIS pdf files. But I will install Reader X and JTIS on a 64 bit Windows 7 laptop.