Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj8-xjr-x308-27/)
-   -   Do You Know Where These Wires Are Supposed to Attach? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj8-xjr-x308-27/do-you-know-where-these-wires-supposed-attach-51726/)

SirJag 03-20-2011 06:20 PM

LOOK AT THIS PHOTO... Do You Know Where These Wires Are Supposed to Attach?

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Gentlemen:

In cleaning out my trunk yesterday... and vacuuming up all the junk that the previous (uncaring and apparently slob-like) owner scattered about, I discovered 2 wires near the battery with connection clips at the end... but I can't see where they're supposed to attach. :icon_shrug:

Please click on the photo to see what I'm talking about.

Can someone please tell me where these go? Are YOURS hooked up?

Thank you!

SirJag

luc 03-20-2011 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by SirJag (Post 323758)
Hello Gentlemen:

In cleaning out my trunk yesterday... and vacuuming up all the junk that the previous (uncaring and apparently slob-like) owner scattered about, I discovered 2 wires near the battery with connection clips at the end... but I can't see where they're supposed to attach. :icon_shrug:

Please click on the photo to see what I'm talking about.

Can someone please tell me where these go?

Thank you!

SirJag

The small one is for the battery transit isolation relay and the big one is an accessory feed
There is another accessory plug in the passenger right side footwell
1 wire is ground , 1 is battery + always on and the last one is + ignition switched
Your battery is missing the + side cover

SirJag 03-20-2011 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by luc (Post 323779)
The small one is for the battery transit isolation relay and the big one is an accessory feed
There is another accessory plug in the passenger right side footwell
1 wire is ground , 1 is battery + always on and the last one is + ignition switched
Your battery is missing the + side cover

Thank you... but I still don't know if they're supposed to now be connected or not. :icon_shrug: Did I accidentally pull these off? Where is the battery transit isolation relay? And--for the big one--is it just there should I need to hook something else up to it?

Thank you very much,

SirJag

pd_regan 03-21-2011 05:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Have a look ay the pre-delivery document, page 4, tells you about the transit relay, it gets removed by the dealer before delivery to the first owner.
Cheers
Pete

luc 03-21-2011 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by SirJag (Post 323883)
Thank you... but I still don't know if they're supposed to now be connected or not. :icon_shrug: Did I accidentally pull these off? Where is the battery transit isolation relay? And--for the big one--is it just there should I need to hook something else up to it?

Thank you very much,

SirJag

no, the transit isolation relay was used when the factory shipped the car and then removed by the dealer.
As it's name imply, the accessory connector is for accessories that the owner want to instal

jimlombardi 03-21-2011 06:18 PM

I think what you found is the normal. It is just that these wires are not as hidden as ours are.
I just looked in the boot of our car and found both of these wires. I followed white wire it goes into the side wall covering of the trunk. I peeked in there and this wire is not connected to anything. The double wire with the plug on the end is tucked down near the other wires going toward the center of the trunk and against trunk wall near the rear seating area. It is also not connected to anything.

SirJag 03-22-2011 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by jimlombardi (Post 324285)
I think what you found is the normal. It is just that these wires are not as hidden as ours are.
I just looked in the boot of our car and found both of these wires. I followed white wire it goes into the side wall covering of the trunk. I peeked in there and this wire is not connected to anything. The double wire with the plug on the end is tucked down near the other wires going toward the center of the trunk and against trunk wall near the rear seating area. It is also not connected to anything.

Thanks for the clarity, Uncle Jag Jim. :-) I just needed to know if they were supposed to be attached to anything or not. Good... one less thing to deal with. :icon_hyper:

SirJag