XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Sunroof drainage duct/bar inquiry,

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 12:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,019 Likes on 740 Posts
Default Sunroof drainage duct/bar inquiry,

Ok now I had the headliner replaced & sunroof duct refitted not even a year ago. Yesterday I had someone doing some interior detailing, & today I notice the bar/duct is missing once again. I retrieve it & place it back tight to prevent leaks. I'd like to know is there a way to re-fit the clips(if not broken) without having to remove the headliner.

Of course my detail guy insists they didn't touch it ?! I know for a fact they did, as I never use it & it was missing/stuck back in the roof the next day.

Even if rarely used, it's that I like having everything as it should be & I've already repaired this, so I'm kind of perturbed.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 254 Posts

The driver side clip on my Black XJR sunroof was broken and I never found a simple way to repair it, so I never used my sunroof. If my wife drove the car and used the sunroof I would end up fishing that piece out of the headliner that night. It was a "future project" thing. The passenger side was intact and I could reconnect it without disassembling everything. If the other side had not been broken I could have re-attached it as well. If I remember, I popped the back of the sunroof up and accessed them from the top of the car.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,019 Likes on 740 Posts

Yea, my car audio place is the one that repaired it initially, if there's no solution I can achieve myself, I'll take it back to them.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,351 Likes on 926 Posts

Originally Posted by King Charles
Yea, my car audio place is the one that repaired it initially, if there's no solution I can achieve myself, I'll take it back to them.
I am not really sure if your clip is broken or not, but here is what I did to keep it together, if memory serves well, I think that also prevents the duct from disappearing backwards.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...1/#post1612358

The following users liked this post:
King Charles (04-13-2017)