Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj8-xjr-x308-27/)
-   -   typical c1095 abs code, advanced questions (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj8-xjr-x308-27/typical-c1095-abs-code-advanced-questions-9067/)

stkxjrtech 11-08-2008 12:48 PM

typical c1095 abs code, advanced questions

I have a '00 xjr with the so-common c1095 code. I havnt seen too many with the pump bad but the resistance of my pump is 231.4 ohms. The pump is definately bad but if the module is shot also which iwouldnt be suprised one bit, does anyone know exactly what goes bad inside. I am familiar with modules and modding boards but is there a way to fix them? There are rebuild places all over that do them but how and what? Any insight would be greatly appreciated?

Nick

stkxjrtech 11-11-2008 08:01 AM

RE: typical c1095 abs code, advanced questions

anybody have some insight?

Brutal 11-11-2008 09:34 AM

YEAH NICK, IN 11 YRS, I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN A BAD PUMP, ITS ALWAYS THE MODULE, ALTHOUGH I HAVE SEEN CUSTOMERS HAVE PUMPS REPLACED ELSEWHERE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND FINALLY RELENT AND COME TO THE DEALER FOR REPAIR

ken@britishparts.com 11-11-2008 11:38 AM

I don't know what Voo-Doo the rebuilders conjure. It works though. And, as Brutal said, I've sold a handful of pumps only. They seem to be really solid units. I think our boy is right. People replace but probably don't need to.

stkxjrtech 11-11-2008 03:26 PM

according to GTR, 4 ohms is the magic number cutoff and seeing how my pump is well beyond 4 ohms. Im gonna say my pump is shot! oh well, just wondering if anyone has attempted to fix the module.

Dean 11-11-2008 05:18 PM

More than likely your problem is a bad ABS module. A lot of them are sold at the dealers/agents for more than $2,000US. The much cheaper solution is to remove the module yourself and send it to Module Master. I am not affiliated with them, but I recently replaced my module and the dealer said the problem was a bad module and a bad throttle body. The throttle body had been replaced at 26,000 miles and is a clean as a surgery room inside. I sent the module off, modulemaster.com, and for $140 they rebuilt the module. It was the solution to the "Fail Safe Engine Mode" problem.

Disconnect the battery ground lead. Move the relays near the pump out of the way. You will need to CAREFULLY unscrew and loosena couple of the pipes going into the top of the pump. Then, four screws hold the module to the pump; one screw at each corner. The screwheads have a funny head but you may can find a tiny socket to fit them. Three are easy to access. One is no fun. Send the pump toModule Master. Follow the shipping instructions on their site.When the module is returned screw it back onto the pump. Be careful with all this. Then, CAREFULLY screw the piping connectors back into the top of the pump. If you feel too much resistance when re-attaching the pipes, STOP, and try restarting the little connectors back into the pump.

Forabout $150 it would be worth rebuilding the ABS module before even thinking of the thousands to be spent on unnecessary replacements. Dealers are making a killing on these fixes.

Brutal 11-11-2008 05:32 PM

NO YOU MEEN THE FACTORY IS MAKING A KILLING, THERES NOT THAT MUCH MARKUP IN THEM. WELL AT LEAST NOT RELATIVE TO THE REST OF THE RETAIL INDUSTRYhttp://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/i...ested/rofl.gif
OH AND I NEVER TAKE OFF THE LINES, JUST LEADS TO AIR IN THE SYSTEM AND MORE WORK, ALSO GET THE INTERNAL TORX SOCKET ITS AN E5, IF YOU STRIP ONE YOUR SCREWED, AND ITS EASY TO DO. IF YOU UNBOLT THE ASSEMBLY FROM THE BODY WITH THE 10MM BOLTS ITS ALLOWS YOU TO PULL ITUP AND IS MUCH EASIER TO WORK WITH

pdog2000 07-09-2010 12:20 AM

i am ready to do this tomorrow...wish me luck...hopefully it will solve my C1095